If Superman is the news story in question, how possible would it be for Clark to cover the story? For example, if there was a press conference and Clark was assigned to it, would it be terribly awkward for Clark not to be seen with the other reporters but still get the story? Would Clark be questioned on his credibility? Is there a place for reporters to check in before the press conference? As you can tell, I've never attended a press conference and am in no way a reporter.

Welcome to the writing side of things. I am a journalist, so feel free to PM me with any questions ... I have played technical adviser for many FoLCs. wink

It wouldn't be inconceivable that Clark get the story if he wasn't at the press conference if he said that he was able to meet with Superman one on one either before or after he gave the press conference. Given that people know that Superman is especially close with Lois and Clark, it wouldn't be far fetched for him to grant one or both of them an interview away from the masses.

And because of that relationship, I don't see other reporters questioning him (unless it's Lois doing the questioning) -- giving private interviews to select reporters is a known practice, especially for bigger papers with earlier deadlines/multiple editions. Also, for a press conference, reporters usually identify themselves at the door upon arrival if it's a formal one, but if it's more of an outdoor, spontaneous one, I'd say that it's not as structured and people wouldn't check in as readily unless there was information to pick up, like a press packet.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"