Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164565 09/23/10 12:14 PM
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I've read two stories that I cannot for the life of me remember what they are.

The first one all I can remember is it is after Lex dives off the building from his almost wedding to Lois. He has set up some kind of fund for her and when she goes to the reading of the will she finds out she has inherited a large sum which she doesn't want from Lex. She gives it to Superman and this I think is what starts the Superman Foundation.

The other fic is Lois and Clark are in a helicopter crash and are persued by men working I believe for Lex. A large part of the story takes place with them fleeing from their persuers in the mountains somewhere like Colorado.

#164566 09/23/10 03:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The trek through Colorado sounds like Nan's Wedding series.

Wedding Day

Wedding Aftermath

Wedding Consequences This is the mountain trek. (But it's a plane crash. The bad guys are using a helicopter.)

Wedding Rearrangement

Wedding Accomplished

This is a great series even if it isn't the one you are thinking of.

Bob

#164567 09/23/10 05:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...she finds out she has inherited a large sum which she doesn't want from Lex. She gives it to Superman and this I think is what starts the Superman Foundation.
You know, I'm pretty sure this isn't the fic you're looking for but check it out anyway. If you haven't read it yet you're in for a treat.

It's "Master of Disguise" by BJ.

And then of course there's the wonderful "Interest Bearing" by JDG. Both are on the Archive.

Were these the ones you were looking for?

#164568 09/24/10 07:49 AM
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for the help. Wedding Consequences is definitely the story. On first look neither of the other stories are the one I was thinking of for the inherited money. But my memory could be way off. I do know for sure that Lois never married Lex. He had just set up some account with money in her name. It was a larger sum and it could have been a way of having money available to him if something were to go wrong. I just don't remember enough about it other than the money wound up starting the Superman Foundation.

#164569 09/24/10 09:15 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmm...

I'm thinking of one and I can't remember if she married Lex or not [or of the title], but Lois follows the 'miracle man' or something of that nature around - it's an alt u where the Kents were killed by B39 iirc and Clark managed to escape and lived in the system then ran away then got caught for petty theft [food etc] ran away, got caught etc. Eventually, he's arrested for something and she catches up with him as an adult. Lucy is a lawyer and defends him.

I'm thinking whatever money she had left after having a private plane/pilot at her disposal may have started the Superman foundation. Maybe an ML fic? With more than one in the series? Think it may be the Without a Superman series: Clark Kent\'s Quest , Lois Lane\'s Quest , and Superman\'s Quest . LLQ is where she's searching for him and SQ is where Superman is created so it could be a combo of those. If I'm right about it being the right fics... :p But I think I am. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for though...

#164570 09/25/10 11:07 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I'm thinking of one and I can't remember if she married Lex or not [or of the title], but Lois follows the 'miracle man' or something of that nature around - it's an alt u where the Kents were killed by B39 iirc and Clark managed to escape
That part, at least, sounds exactly like my story Waking a Miracle. The rest of it is definitely not, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard