L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The idea for this bit of nonsense came from a post on Zoomway's boards last June (That's 2003, I write SLOWLY) which was a short conversation comparing "Alias" and "The Dad Who Came In From the Cold". I've never watched Alias, but I do know the basic setup. The first response (by LoLo) mentions that "Jimmy is not a secret agent", which got me thinking "Well, what if he was?" and the rest started building from there.

That post can be found here .

Oddly enough, Laura's (The Yellow Dart) next-to-last post of the excellent Nightmare has Lois thinking "It kept getting stranger by the second. What else was going to happen? Was Perry really Elvis? Was Jimmy really a secret agent? Right now, she was ready to believe just about anything."

Curioser and curioser. smile

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap - Well done, Frank!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup clap

You have to do more of this writing lark, Frank!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Great story! So creative! Great explanation for why Jimmy looks different wink .

Of course, the idea of "weirdness" is relative in Metropolis, where every week there seems to be a new super-villain trying to take over the world. What was this - Pinky and the Brain?
rotflol

Oddly enough, Laura's (The Yellow Dart) next-to-last post of the excellent Nightmare has Lois thinking "It kept getting stranger by the second. What else was going to happen? Was Perry really Elvis? Was Jimmy really a secret agent? Right now, she was ready to believe just about anything."
That's so funny that we were thinking the same thing! I guess great minds think alike wink .

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, now this was cute. From Jimmy getting run over by a "tank" (LOL!) to the explanation of why Jimmy's appearance changed between first and second season, it was very fun.

I think my favorite part was Lois's monologue about reminding Clark not to open strange lead boxes alone, without someone to shut it for him. LOL, too funny.

Thanks, Frank, for sharing this with us! smile

Kathy

D
docward Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
D
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm beginning to see how feedback can become adictive. Maybe I can dredge up some more insanity, or at least start giving some feedback myself.

Again, thanks,

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, I really liked that! Totally unexpected and well thought out.

Thank you!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup This is a great story that should be develop.

MAF
PS
You made Tank a very happy person. rotflol

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Frank

A great story! smile1 I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, this was LOTS of fun! Great story. I liked all the things, too, the others mentioned.

A very interesting idea, and a bright spot in my dreary day...

And it DOES have the potential for a much longer story... But that's entirely up to you!

thumbsup

Sira clap

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
thumbsup

~Julia wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Excellent, Frank! rotflol

I hope we're going to see some more weirdness from you.

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Frank,

Very well done little thought. I can certainly see if you wanted to expand on the idea just to have more of the 'journal' entires wink I think that you could have a lot of fun with that and keep things short for your own convenience.
Liked this a lot smile

keep penning,
Marns

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay, now that was... wow. eek What an idea! And it explained Jimmy's change of face, too!

I have to point out that I recall Jimmy being run over by a tank before. Can't remember where, though, and I can't seem to find it. Oh well. It never ceases to make me ROFL rotflol one way or another!

Keep writing! I love your comedies!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard