L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The idea for this bit of nonsense came from a post on Zoomway's boards last June (That's 2003, I write SLOWLY) which was a short conversation comparing "Alias" and "The Dad Who Came In From the Cold". I've never watched Alias, but I do know the basic setup. The first response (by LoLo) mentions that "Jimmy is not a secret agent", which got me thinking "Well, what if he was?" and the rest started building from there.

That post can be found here .

Oddly enough, Laura's (The Yellow Dart) next-to-last post of the excellent Nightmare has Lois thinking "It kept getting stranger by the second. What else was going to happen? Was Perry really Elvis? Was Jimmy really a secret agent? Right now, she was ready to believe just about anything."

Curioser and curioser. smile

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Frank
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 02:40 AM
clap clap - Well done, Frank!

- Vicki
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 04:16 AM
thumbsup clap

You have to do more of this writing lark, Frank!

LabRat smile
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 09:15 AM
smile1
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 09:58 AM
Great story! So creative! Great explanation for why Jimmy looks different wink .

Of course, the idea of "weirdness" is relative in Metropolis, where every week there seems to be a new super-villain trying to take over the world. What was this - Pinky and the Brain?
rotflol

Oddly enough, Laura's (The Yellow Dart) next-to-last post of the excellent Nightmare has Lois thinking "It kept getting stranger by the second. What else was going to happen? Was Perry really Elvis? Was Jimmy really a secret agent? Right now, she was ready to believe just about anything."
That's so funny that we were thinking the same thing! I guess great minds think alike wink .

- Laura smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 12:37 PM
Oh, now this was cute. From Jimmy getting run over by a "tank" (LOL!) to the explanation of why Jimmy's appearance changed between first and second season, it was very fun.

I think my favorite part was Lois's monologue about reminding Clark not to open strange lead boxes alone, without someone to shut it for him. LOL, too funny.

Thanks, Frank, for sharing this with us! smile

Kathy
Posted By: docward Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 01:21 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm beginning to see how feedback can become adictive. Maybe I can dredge up some more insanity, or at least start giving some feedback myself.

Again, thanks,

Frank
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 03:04 PM
Wow, I really liked that! Totally unexpected and well thought out.

Thank you!
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 03:54 PM
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup This is a great story that should be develop.

MAF
PS
You made Tank a very happy person. rotflol
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/09/04 08:08 PM
Frank

A great story! smile1 I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/10/04 05:55 AM
Yeah, this was LOTS of fun! Great story. I liked all the things, too, the others mentioned.

A very interesting idea, and a bright spot in my dreary day...

And it DOES have the potential for a much longer story... But that's entirely up to you!

thumbsup

Sira clap
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/10/04 09:52 AM
thumbsup

~Julia wave
Posted By: Meredith Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/10/04 11:08 AM
Excellent, Frank! rotflol

I hope we're going to see some more weirdness from you.

Mere smile
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/11/04 10:03 AM
Frank,

Very well done little thought. I can certainly see if you wanted to expand on the idea just to have more of the 'journal' entires wink I think that you could have a lot of fun with that and keep things short for your own convenience.
Liked this a lot smile

keep penning,
Marns
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK -Bolt From the Blue-Book - 10/12/04 07:01 AM
Okay, now that was... wow. eek What an idea! And it explained Jimmy's change of face, too!

I have to point out that I recall Jimmy being run over by a tank before. Can't remember where, though, and I can't seem to find it. Oh well. It never ceases to make me ROFL rotflol one way or another!

Keep writing! I love your comedies!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards