Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163972 05/19/10 05:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Sayo: I know there's a thread about Beta Readers looking for work, but this fic we wrote has gotten such a poor response that we agreed we'd only get a Beta Reader who would actually be interested, because we will continue writing this story, regardless of whether or not it gets a lot of readers or not.

I'm pasting the link of the TOC here, so you can conveniently gain access to Chapters 1-3, and then there are the URLs for Chapter 4 along with the comments for Chapter 4 as well.

*crosses fingers*

Thank you! smile

Ask and You Shall Receive TOC (from Chapters 1-3)

Ask and You Shall Receive (4/?)

FDK - Ask and You Shall Receive (4/?)

Just got married (21st June 2010).
#163973 05/20/10 10:47 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
but this fic we wrote has gotten such a poor response
I'm sorry that you feel that no one is interested in reading your fic! I think you are wrong there!

I have to admit that after reading the first chapter of your fic and absolutely loving it, I have been so busy with RL lately that I put both your fic and Aussie Rules on "hold"; I'll catch up with them one day soon when I have a chance to actually relax and enjoy them. So no, I haven't been commenting.

And the boards were busier during the ficathon in December and just before the Kerths, but they have otherwise been pretty quiet lately. I don't know if that was because the DVDs aren't being promoted anymore or because people have moved on to other fandoms, but for a die-hard fan like myself, it is great to see new, prolific authors like you and Lynn S.M. join us. (I just came across these boards for the first time 3 or 4 years ago, so who knows whether I'll still be commenting 10 years from now?)

I also think there is a reluctance by some members to read fic by a new author until they have seen a lot of favorable fdk. And remember that there are a lot of lurkers who read but don't comment.

So please keep on writing! We addicts need our "fix"!

(Going back to RL now . . . I'll try to read at least one chapter later this evening.)

#163974 05/20/10 11:01 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by cookiesmom:

I also think there is a reluctance by some members to read fic by a new author until they have seen a lot of favorable fdk. And remember that there are a lot of lurkers who read but don't comment.

So please keep on writing! We addicts need our "fix"!
I too have been insanely focused on RL issues recently and have read very little.

I think there can also be a reluctance to read WIPs by unproven authors. All too often we've been left hanging with unfinished stories so until an author proves they have 'staying power' many are reluctant to read.

Alas I have one unfinished WIP out there as well :p . It also generated very little response which was part of it [though I have received several emails about it] but also lack of muse... So even with established authors there is that risk and some won't read WIPS, period.

There was also a poll a number of years ago - for every person who responds, there's probably 6-8 readers who are not. That does not include those who will read on the archive.

Hang in there smile .

Carol [who is off to deal with some of that RL stuff as well... :p ]

#163975 05/20/10 05:07 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
aww, thanks guys! smile

#163976 05/22/10 04:22 PM
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I'm enjoying this story very much. I'm sure others are also. Keep writing! This is a unique take on the story. I'm anxiously awaiting to see how it turns out.

#163977 05/22/10 05:27 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, Meadowrose! I love your nickname, by the way. I'm gonna file it under baby names for use one day, if you don't mind. laugh

We were able to find a beta reader at last and I've asked Labrat to take down the story threads for now so we can tighten it. The story may change a lot though, but we promise it will be for the better. laugh

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard