Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Trying to find a particular Wendy story when you can't remember the name is like trying to sort through all the sand on the sea shore looking for a particular grain of sand. And when you add to that that you don't really remember what the story is about... help! laugh

Anyway, I was driving along the north shore of Lake Superior yesterday and I saw a place that I always think of as the place where this story is set. Now, I'm driving that same section of highway going back home tomorrow, and since Wendy told me that she had a particular place where she had set the story, I wanted to check out the description of the place before I head out tomorrow to see if it's an exact match. It's just west of Marathon, Ontario.

I think it was a multi-part story. And I think Lois might have met Clark on a sandy beach. And then there was this island where Clark found Lois unconscious. Or he found her in the water and took her to the island. Or something like that. And then he had to reveal what he could do so that he could get her off the island. Oh, and I think Lois might have been married to Luthor and that he was the one who tried to kill her.

So... after that wonderful description, can anyone help me? laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Can't help but I can giggle with you and will ask her to head over here if she shows up on IRC before you get an answer...

Merriwether
Merriwether
Sounds like the Eternity Trilogy. Summer Dreaming, Betrayed, Finding Freedom.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
That's It! Thanks, woody. Oh, and Carol, if she does show up on IRC, could you ask her if the house on the beach was part of this particular location or is she built the house on her own? laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL!

Yes, it's the Eternity Trilogy, which I started to write in my head in the car as we drove along the eastern shores of Lake Superior the day before we met you wink Actually, there's no specific location in my head that I could pinpoint. As we drove, I saw several remote beaches, and I'm sure one of them is probably the one where I first pictured Lois sitting and writing, but there's no way I'd be able to look at a map and tell you which it was!

As for the house, definitely all my imagination! Nice to know someone still remembers this series smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Nice to know someone still remembers this series
I remember that series everytime I drive that strip of highway laugh . Anyway, if you can't remember the exact location, I'm going to think of it as taking place at the spot I found. Sometime I'll have to actually stop there and see if I can spot Lois and Clark's footprints on the beach laugh .

ML wave

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Be sure to take pictures and post them here for those of us not lucky enough to have ever been in that part of the world.

/me goes off to re-read Wendy's 'Eternity' trilogy.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Wendymr:
Nice to know someone still remembers this series smile
I just had to comment on this. This is one of those on my re-read list that I carry around on my e-book reader. This is *the* story that convinced me that I can enjoy a variant where Lois starts out married to Lex.

I first read this series on a long business trip and for various reasond my spirits were low. Something about this story just clicked and I was in a better mood the rest of the trip. Since then I keep this one around as a sort of "break glass if feeling low" story.

Yes, more than one somebody remembers this series! smile

Bob

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You mean Wendy has written Lois and Clark fan fiction? I thought she was one of those Dr. Whoafiles.

I wonder if a person would be able to find some of those stories somewhere. There can't be too many of them after all... right?

Tank (whose memory is not always what it used to be)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I didn't have my camera with me today so I couldn't take any pictures. So I did some searching around on the internet. I'm not going to post the picture here because it appears to be too big, but if you want a picture of the area, this picture was apparently taken near Rossport, Ontario - just west of Schreiber and Terris Bay (both of those are probably spelled wrong, but I'm too tired after my trip to look them up blush ) which are both mentioned in Wendy's story.

Picture

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, and I just noticed on the picture, that nearing the bottom of the picture on the right hand side, you can see Luthor's summer house. And you can see the beach they walked along. Oh, and off in the distance, in about the center of the picture, you can see the island Clark took Lois to. laugh

ML (who thinks Tank has a worse problem with his memory than he may have originally thought if he can't remember that Wendy used to write L&C fanfic laugh )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, ML, the picture is "forbidden". First time I ever got that! So you need to post it on another site. Or give us all access, I guess.
You mean Wendy has written Lois and Clark fan fiction? I thought she was one of those Dr. Whoafiles.
Tank, your humor is priceless. Maybe she will return to us someday. whinging
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
When you get the first forbidden page, just click on Refresh. This isn't my picture. I just found it on the internet so I would think everyone should be able to access it. If not, maybe I could send it by email to someone and let them cut it down in size to post? If anyone is willing to volunteer for that, let me know.

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, I'm going to try something here. Let me know if you can see this:

[Linked Image]

You can see Luthor's summer house, nestled in amongst the trees in the lower right hand corner. You can see the beach Lois and Clark walked along. And off in the distance, near the center, you can see the island Clark took Lois to.

ML wave

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
WOW, ML. thanks
Sue

Merriwether
Merriwether
Someone still remembers? I know I have a pretty good memory, but it only took her mentioning she was near the Great Lakes for me to immediately think of it, only I had to look up the individual titles.

I love that Lois is more looking for companionship and that is what makes the developing friendship so sweet.

Now I want to re-read it.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, ML, you're absolutely right. That's Luthor's beach, right there. Look closely and you can probably even see Lois sitting there with her laptop goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nope, refresh didn't work for me, so thanks for posting the picture. Interesting that when I first looked at it I thought in was part of the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington state and British Columbia. I didn't realized the shoreline of Lake Superior looked like that.
I too have read the Eternity trilogy several times, but probably couldn't have come up with its name.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard