Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, in Teaching Indecency, Lois goes undercover as a student and Clark / Kal-El tries to rescue her.
In Home Lori is a student and Kal-El / Superman rescues her from a rapist.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Like Home, Dagger of the Mind has a number of great sequels. And they were both written by Nan Smith. Have fun reading! smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Which reminds me of In Space, No One Can Hear You... by Terry Leatherwood. The obvious connection, of course, is that Superman eats a double chili burger in Nan's story and eats three-bean-chili in Space.

Elisabeth
who knowingly stole hubby's log-in again

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A Charred Day\'s Night by Jen D where Lois also proves that she absolutely cannot cook. wink And because both are really, really hilarious!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And, speaking of hilarious fics, with a connection being "food", or at least "digestive contents", I'd recommend Shayne Terry's absolutely roll-on-the-floor-laughing Seeking Asylum .

This is the "food" (?) quote that's the ostensible link in the chain:

"Now, the guy down on the fifth floor managed to build a bomb using bread pudding, a soda, and his own digestive
juices."
Read the whole story and try not to laugh! Impossible.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was a great one. And
'1001 stupid villain tricks'
really brought to mind A Villain\'s Tale

It's got plenty of humorous villains- and one's dad is even in a nursing home so there is an institutional setting too. And hey, dog saliva...digestive juices...or is that streching it too far?

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think dog saliva and digestive juices are an entirely legal method of extending the chain.

So, here's my incredibly tenuous rationalization so I can add another link:

You mentioned dog saliva. If you have a big drooly dog like a St. Bernard or a Newfoundland, and they shake their head, the saliva goes flying everywhere. It would hit you if you were solid - but not if you were a ghost!

That's the tortured reasoning that lets me recommend Pam Jernigan's incredible (and Kerth-winning, deservedly so) Tryst . What a wonderful ghost story and romance! Don't miss it.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In Tryst, Lois thinks she's a ghost. In Chris Carr's Some Kind of Angel , Lois is an angel.

I love this one. I re-read it often.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
In A Twist of Fates by Wendy Richards Lois is shot to save Clark and becomes a ghost. Great story! thumbsup

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
In Field of Dreams by Caroline K. Lois thinks Clark is a ghost. I love this story!

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Field Of Dreams, Lois moves to Smallville... Which leads us to Smallville Players by Barb Pillsbury where Lois moves to Smallville to become an English teacher.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Lois also moves to Smallville in Second Choice by Nan.

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan's story has them going to high school, just like in Shayne's Time and Again

(and hopefully I'm making sense, because my brain is on meds...)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
They time travel in Shayne's fic [or Lois does anyway] as they both do in ML's There\'s No Place Like Home .

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
In both ML's No Place like Home and Jenni Debbage's The Forgotten Lois and Clark have a daughter named Victoria (Vicky) Kent.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois and Clark have a daughter named Victoria (Vicky) Kent.
Which leads us back to Irene Dutch's series (see the 3rd post, by Mr. D8a, well, Elizabeth, actually) and the story "Gale Force Winds".

I am SO enjoying this thread, and going back and reading a lot of good stories. I had read one or two of Irene Dutch's series, but not the whole, and I really enjoyed it. I also had to go back and read one of my very favorites, "What Makes a Man". Now I just have to decide which ML Thompson story I want to re-read first. smile1

thanks!

rkn
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm going to take us from Gail Force Winds to All Stirred Up by Meredith Knight.

The connection: Irene wrote Gail Force Winds and she was a beta reader for All Stirred Up.

(And, yes, I did have to do an archive search to find that one laugh )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Helga Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really glad you're all enjoying the game! Work and life has got in the way of the internet for a while, so I haven't had time to check back to see how it was going.

From All Stirred Up, my link is Wendy's Pocket Lint

In All Stirred Up, Lois calls Clark all sorts of inventive names and she does the same in Pocket Lint.

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, this one is just too good for me to pass up. From Wendy's 'Pocket Lint', I'd go to a story that refers to pocket lint: An Extraordinary Man - Part 2 by Chris Carr.

The quotation in question:

"And, let's see if I can get this right," Jack was saying, "a 'bottom-feeding toady'?"

"No," Jimmy corrected him. "I think Lois was referring to lawyers as a species, when she said that."

"No I wasn't," said Lois automatically. "That was about one of the management's lackeys from upstairs."

"Oh, right," said Jimmy. He turned towards Jack. "What was it she said about lawyers generally, then?"

"Something about pocket lint?"

"No, that was me. Oh, now I remember: 'tape worms in the belly of humanity' and 'the kind of slime that makes dog mess smell good'."

"I never said that last one!" snapped Lois. "I'd never say anything so... so..."

"Crude?" asked Jack. "Crass? Vulgar?"

"Yes, all those things."
ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, adding a link:)

This Child Belongs to You by Jenni Debbage

because Constance Hunter is in it and she's a lawyer. Also, both stories have well developed A plots. And, like Chris, Jenni lives in Scotland.

btw, want to add that, imo, Chris Carr is one of the best lyrical writers we have. (I don't like making comments like that, but really she's very good smile )

c.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard