Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, geez, I don't even know how long ago I found the archive - probably '03 or '04, but the first story I read was also the first story of Season 5. Like Editor Jax, I was so excited to find a continuation of the series that once I started, I couldn't stop. I went through all additional seasons, all the themes, all the Kerth winners. In fact, I'm still finding new stories to enjoy.

Then, of course, I found the message boards and the n-fic section (hurray for smut-a-thons *cough* shameless plug *cough*) when one of the stories I read mentioned having an n-fic version. I'm like, what the heck is that, I need to know now. I think I e-mailed an author for directions (I can't remember who, but thank you again) and she pointed me in the right direction. Yeah for the archive, yeah for the mbs, yeah for all of us. It's amazing what we have here.

Columnist
Columnist
Well, I don't really remember, but I know one of the earliest stories that really hooked me into this fandom was Good Samaritan by Aria. It was such a great story, and I really think that if I hadn't come across something like that early on, I probably wouldn't have hung around here much longer than a couple days.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I discovered fanfic during my X-files obsession, and since then I've read a fair amount of fanfic over a handful of fandoms. However, I have never gotten completely hooked by any fandom the way I have here.

I can't remember exactly what the first LnC fic was I read, although I know it had to be something on fanfiction.net. The small amount of fic there led me in search of seeing if I could find more on the web, and as a result, I found the boards and the archive.

I can remember the first story I read on the archive - I think it had just been uploaded when I read CC Aiken's "In a Better Place." It blew me away, and that was when I knew I was on to something special in this fandom. I've been hooked ever since. laugh

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"When Friends Become Lovers" by Kathy Brown.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Peeking out of my Cave of Turtling just to say:

"If I Were You" by Caroline K. Pure gold.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The first fandom I discovered was for "Xena: Warrior Princess," and I found some fascinating stories there. I ran out of good stuff after a while, and I figured that if Xena had fanfiction sites, surely Lois and Clark would. I read The Unaired Fifth Season (TUFS) several times, and I always got the same feeling at the end, that I was saying goodbye to a set of very close friends.

And then I stumbled on the archive the week that Tank Wilson posted To Protect and Serve . It drew me in and showed me that one of my favorite TV shows still had faithful followers who cared about these characters as much as I did, if not much more.

And I'm still around. The quality of the writing here continues to draw me, as well as the quality of the readers who leave comments on the stories. I literally can't get enough of it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my goodness, I don't even know. But I remember when I first found LnC stories, I devoured them and would stay up long past my bedtime to read them. I worked day shift then so going to bed at 4 am because you'd been reading LnC was tough. But I kept doing it. I'm not even sure which site I first found them on. How long has the archive been around anyway? But I think I may have starting reading on another site. Debby's maybe? Or Pam's? I was a lurker on the site that crashed, too, but I can't quite remember what it was called. Was it Zoom's original board? Anyway, I found that one quite some time after I started reading stories.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not sure if "The darkest hour", "When you needed me most" or "What it means to love you", surely it was a Erin Kligler'story; I have read them few years ago and it was love at first sight!

Simona smile

Kerth
Kerth
Just realised that I do remember my first fanfic, because it was actually a play, not a story - I was at a science fiction convention in the 1980s and they staged a show called "Spock In Manacles: The Rock Opera," which was basically a parody of bad Kirk / Spock slash. It was actually quite a lavish production, though perhaps I'd better not go into too many details - it'd be classified as R rating if it were posted to a fanfic site. A while later they published the script in aid of charity - I think it may still be available - so it's also the first written fanfic I read.

(later) - still available from http://www.lxnen.com/rogerbeccon/B/plays.html

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't recall the exact story I first read.

I do know I found it because when they started releasing the episodes on DVD, I wanted to find out what was supposed to happen after "Family Hour", so I searched online and stumbled across the two different continuations into season 5. From there I ended up on the archives then the boards as a lurker LONG before I asked to join (not that I give much FDK, or post much)

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Classicalla:
How long has the archive been around anyway?
A long, long time. laugh The first fics were posted in April 1996.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I have no idea what the first fic I read was. When I found the archive it had 440 stories. I sat and read all of them. Then I know I read Debbie's. Then hit all the Nfic. There has been a lot of good reading in the 11 or so years I've been here.
Sue

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
How long has the archive been around anyway?
A long, long time. laugh The first fics were posted in April 1996.
Wow! Thanks for the answer, Karen. I was thinking it couldn't possibly have been as long ago as I thought, but I guess it was. I thought I found it in 1998, but I just wasn't sure. But with you telling me it started in 1996, I'm now sure. (1998 was the first time I had the internet at home. I also lived in another state at the time.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My first exposure to fanfic was in the Star Trek fanfic compilations The New Voyages and The New Voyages II, which ignited a desire to be included in such a compilation some day. However, I had no desire to write stories about Star Trek nor Quantum Leap nor The Flash.

But Lois & Clark captured my imagination in a way none of my previous favorite shows had. When I finally got online in February 1996, I found the Krypton Club, which used to carry a story or two in each newsletter. I can remember the storyline of the first one I read, but I won't describe it since it was rather immature and childish and I don't want to hurt that long-ago writer. Even more important than the realization that fanfic was available (after all, the show was still in production, so I wasn't starving for stories) was the recognition that I could write better than that, and if that author could be "published," so could I. So I immediately started working on "A Shot in the Dark."

For me in the beginning, fanfic was more about writing than reading. But that doesn't mean I didn't keep reading. I downloaded all 300-odd stories in the archive that first summer and made a practice of reading all new ones as they were posted, so I've probably read over 3000 of the stories on the archive now. Too bad my memory for fic isn't very good. wink

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know I read a fic or two here & there before joining the fanfic mailing list in 1/96. I recall reading "President Kent" when it was brand new. The first story that appeared on the list after I joined was "4 X Lex - Almost" by Louette McInnes. I printed it out to read it in bed. smile

Molly
Top Banana
Top Banana
The first fic I read was the TUFS series. (I guess I should say, it was the first episode of it that was the first. goofy ) When I read it, it was hosted on an AOL site. It linked to the archive, though, but I was a silly 13- or 14-year-old, so when I saw people were writing stories based on the show, I thought, "What is there possibly left to write but continuation like the fifth season?" Clicked out and moved on.

Til I found it again a year or two later, when I was 15, along with this message board. wink That time, I discovered the archive "properly" - and I believe the first fic I read on the archive was Zoomway's "Counter Clark-Wise".

(As a side-note, I would like to add that I remembered a short while ago what the first fic I ever wrote was, and no, it wasn't online... It was Biker Mice from Mars comics my best friend and I used to draw in elementary school, with both of us as the biggest Mary Sues, ever. <g>)

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think the first fanfic I read was also TUFS. Was looking for pictures of gorgeous Dean Cain and stumbles upon TUFS, then into lncfancic.com. That was probably 2000 or so. I didn't find the message boards until early last year.

thanks!

rkn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The first fanfic I read was "Home for Christmas" by Wendy. I remember I was bored at work one day laugh in the early months of 2001 when I decided to do a google search for Lois & Clark. The first link was to the Archive and somehow I came across Wendy's fanfic. I thought it was so sweet! goofy I loved the idea of fanfic. I didn't even know such thing existed blush Internet was so expensive in Brazil back then that my dad didn't let me use it for too long. I used to copy a lot of fanfic into a floppy disk at work so I could take it home and read all of them laugh Awww good times! smile The Archives took me to Annesplace (where I read my first Nfic: Sugar & Spice by LabRat blush ) and then to Zoomway's boards.I still reread favorite fanfics from time to time smile

Raquel (who feels like reading Home for Christmas again blush )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My first fanfic was Erin Klingler's "The Accidental Husband". I'm not sure but I think I read it during Summer 2000.

I didn't have an internet connection at home back then (didn't even have a computer) and I stumbled upon the story at a free space granted by City Hall in my hometown.
As soon as I read the first few lines I was amazed. I had no idea people actually wrote fanfic. But since I only had 30 min. to use the computer my hopes of reading the whole story were dashed.

And right then started my fanfic saga - during the rest of that month of August I would go anywhere I could find that had a computer with an internet connection and a printer so that I could print the story. It took me about 10 days to get the whole thing printed (due to lack of funds &/or paper) but eventualy I managed to read the whole story (and it was worth the trouble and the funny looks people gave me :p ).

And that is the reason I remember which was my first fanfic (may I add that that it's still religiously kept inside my closet).
notworthy

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard