Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I just have to say that I am thrilled with this thread! I have a bunch of stories to check out now! WOO! And I'm always up for morale!

p.s. And thank you for the kind mentions, Laura, and my twin, aka Steph. blush

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I'm giving props to ... Sue S.

Because ... I love her writing style, particularly her dialogue. Her "show" instead of "tell" way of writing is very appealing to me. Not to mention, she has a way of bringing the hilarity (and the heartbreak, but I'm in it for the hilarity wink ).

I recommend ... Revisionist History. It was the first of Sue's stories that I read and it's great fun. It combines an engaging B-plot with a riveting A-plot. I don't often find myself as interested in the A-plot as in the B-plot, but this was an exception, and I think that's saying a lot about Sue's talents as a writer. Also, the first person narrative is a nice change of pace and very well done.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, I've only been reading LnC fanfic for about 2 months but I've read quite a few in that time.

I'm giving props to: Laura S.

Because: I've read several of her stories and I've loved every one.

I recommend: Picture Perfect Wedding...What?!? because it's the most adorable story and funny too.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, EditorJax, you said we could also mention readers... So that's exactly what I'm doing.

Even though she's also a writer, I'm giving 'props' to a reader - my biggest fan. She's my best supporter in life, too. She has been there for me in some of my lowest times and has pulled me up out of the muck.

So here's to you, Mellie! (LaraJoelle)

Thanks for always being there!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
blush blush blush

Thanks! I really feel humbled now, though. (I know I'm weird.)

Anyway, I'd like to thank everybody who makes this board such a great place to hang out. Thanks to everybody occupied with keeping this site up and running, thanks to everybody submitting stories and vids, sharing jokes and FDK. It's great to be here.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww, Lara! You are such a doll! <sniffle> Thank you! I'm so glad to know my a-plot keeps you enthralled (goodness knows there isn't an overflow of b-plot on Heroes... so that's a very good thing goofy )

This was a nice thread... I might not have known about it if Sue hadn't told me to come check it out... so thank you to Sue as well. She and Lara both are worth their weight in gold as both writers, betas, and friends.

<decides to stop there before she gets too mushy>

laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great idea for a thread! I'm so glad you thought of it, Jax! smile Only ONE?? Good grief. I could easily pick a hundred. Well, there is one person not yet mentioned who immediately jumps to my mind!

I just have to call attention to an awesome reader!

I'm giving props to: Simona! Simona, I think you're the greatest! notworthy notworthy

I recommend: Writing a fanfic so Simona could do her great reader thing and make you feel like a million bucks! laugh

Thanks, Simona!

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Erin, Thank you so much! blush blush blush
You have totally and completely made my day! I'm really honoured that you feel this way about my confidence in your ability! It's my great pleasure to read your stories and to write my thoughts about them! smile
So...

I'm giving props to: Erin Klingler! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Because: I have read (and re-read) all of her stories, she can develop her characters and her plots just at the right pace, and you feel drawn into the story: you have to read the next chapter, and then the next one, and the next after... you just cannot put down an Erin'story till the end! She has the ability to make her characters alive for you, and you're sorry when the story is finished and you have to let them go.

I recommend: I love so much Erin' work that I have to say it:every story is fantastic and absolutely recommendable!

If you like long stories (I love them) you have to read her wonderful The darkest hour (before the dawn) ; The accidental husband , When you needed me most , What it means to love you : those dramas are so masterfully written!

If you like monster-long stories, you can't help loving The long road home , where Erin looks at Lois and CLark' relationship with a new and fresh angle and with different premises; all of this makes the story so enchanting and moving! (You can make this one my 'ufficially recommended story' laugh )

Another fic I like is The kiss off co-authored with CC Aiken: I love how this story is "complete", even if it's shorter than the others I mentioned; there is the basic idea of a game, but also there are sadness, loneliness and playfulness, passion, love. Just great!

But I cannot forget her shorter stories where she focused her attention on few or one element, and gave 'glimpses' of her characters' souls and hearts: HiM: the video , Glimpses of tomorrow , Can\'t fight this feeling , Dance of the seven veils ...

So... I'm going to re-read some Erin'stories right now, what about you? wink

Simona smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm giving props to ... Our very own Chief Pam .

Because ... Well, for one, she's one that hadn't been taken, but more importantly, she's not just a jack of all trades, but a master of all trades. She can be equally brilliant at comedy (Battle of the Network Printers, Smallville Revelation), short 'n' sweet (Lyn Drozny series), drama, and especially leadership in the early years of LnC fandom.

I recommend ... If you don't absolutely hate NK and anything to do with it, then Hearts Divided is certainly worth your time.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, funny! And I hadn't even seen this thread until just now!

Carol, thanks a million for giving props to me! notworthy sloppy And let me return the courtesy by giving props to you. I love the way you write Lois, which is always so crucially important to me. Your Lois is complex, and she is attracted to Clark and wary of him all the same. Your last scene between Lois and Clark in Yesterday, Upon the Stair is still the most gorgeously wonderful LnC ending I have ever come across. Add to that that the this scene isn't the absolute ending of that fic, because there is a small wrap-up scene with the mysterious character of Jeff, whose presence adds still more depth to Lois Lane.

Also, I love your trilogy, Recognition (Truth), Recognition (Justice) and Recognition: The Only Way. Again, the way you explore Lois and Clark there and how they attract and yet scare one another is breathtaking. Also, there is a sensuality in these stories that never crosses the line of PG-13 but which is still so palpable and wonderful. Oh, and for me who don't much care about such things, the A-plot of all these stories is great, too!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
GAH!! I can't believe Kathy B hasn't been mentioned, unless I skimmed too fast...

There were a lot of great authors mentioned that I have agree with, but since nobody I saw said this EPIC name yet,
I gotta give props to Kathy Brown.

Because her stories have so much feeling, they are so engaging and just amazingly sexy too

I totally with all my heart recommend...ALL her stories but specifically: Momentum 1 & 2 and When Friends Become Lovers followed up by When Lovers Become More (these are all the PG versions) and then her version of Revisionist History. thud

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just caught up with this thread. smile Ann, thank you for those wonderful words. smile It's been a long time since anyone commented on any of my stories and so your comment made my day. smile

Time for me to give props - I'll respect Jenn's rules and not repeat any writers already mentioned and I'll give props to Shayne Terry's Dear Lois:

Dear Lois

What I love about this story is Shayne's characterization of Lois and Clark - so spot on as they grapple with work and , of course, their relationship. smile Plus just the right amount of angst. And a great A plot - lots of stuff in this story. Well written, too.

I'll add Shayne's vignettes too - brief bits of evocative writing that are so moving, but never cloying.

c.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard