Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Fill in the blank [think mid-80s]:

_________ is the before and Clark is the after. The way, way after.

2000's example:

Brad Pitt is the before and Clark is the after. The way way after.

Best answer gets kudos in the next part of Learning to Love.

I have one in mind, but don't really like it. [And I'm really not a huge 'Brad Pitt is hot' groupie or anything, but apparently lots of other women do...]

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
FABIO!!!!!

Maybe Arnold Swartzeneggar....

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
*giggle*

These are teen girls too if that makes a difference...

Carol [who only remembers Fabio from the it's not butter commercials]

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm, mid-eighties, eh? Top Gun came out around that time, so maybe Tom Cruise?

Michael J. Fox, Kirk Cameron & Jason Bateman were moving from TV to movies about then, but my personal favorite from that timeframe was River Phoenix.

If the comment is made by teenage girls, you could probably go with anyone with a speaking part from "The Breakfast Club", "The Outsiders" (Matt Dillan, Ralph Macchio, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estavez, etc.) and it'd probably work. Oh, don't forget Val Kilmer, Matthew Broderick (as Ferris) and John Cusack.

OK - I think I've dated myself enough for one day. laugh

BJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
Joey McIntyre or Jordan Knight, though they were later 80s. Kirk Cameron. Emilio Estevez or Judd Nelson. Oooh, Harrison Ford! Christian Slater, Matt Dillon or Tom Cruise. Kevin Bacon.

Need anymore? laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Have Tom Cruise in there right now but am not really happy with that.

Am IMing with Kaylle who is reminding me how old I am - she has not a clue wink .

The thought of Ricky Schroeder in a towel came to me in a possible flash of inspiration.

[Linked Image]

I was thinking more along the lines of the bottom row...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, a quick Google search brought me this:

The Super Stars of the 1980s include... Kevin Costner * Tom Cruise * Michael Douglas *
Harrison Ford * Mel Gibson * Dustin Hoffman * Steve Martin * Eddie Murphy * Arnold Schwarzenegger * Sly Stallone *
Whatever works for you... Personally, I never saw anything in Kevin Costner or Stallone.

Don't forget TV; there's a slide show here here of 'sexy soap stars', with photos.

Or there's the guys from Dukes of Hazzard, Pierce Brosnan (big in Remington Steele); and Tom Selleck was in Magnum

Hope this gives you some ideas...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
John Cusack. Though time hasn't hurt him at all. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll weigh in with Patrick Swayze. I have an extraordinary number of friends who worship Dirty Dancing. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Luke Perry? He was more early nineties, though =D

(I'm not real big on the mid-eighties, mostly because I was out of the country and eight when the 90's rolled in...)

I would also suggest Jonathan Crombie, but I'm not sure everyone has seen Anne of Green Gables laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Columnist
Columnist
Oh I would go for Patrick Swayze (I watched ''Dirty Dancing'' way too many times blush ) or Michael J. Fox (yeah maybe I've also seen ''Back to the feature'' too many times)

I have an extraordinary number of friends who worship Dirty Dancing.
.. you know they're right, right? goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
I adored Michael J Fox, but I was about 12 at the time. blush

How about all the boys of the Brat Pack rolled into one? Too wordy?

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Maybe I'm just slightly too young, despite how old Kaylle made me feel wink .

I was a teen in the 80s, but not until the later 80s. And I had a lot of emotional trauma in the mid80s [1985-6 specifically, which is when this is dated].

I *hate* Dirty Dancing and never saw the appeal of Patrick Swayze. Looking at the pics from Top Gun, Tom Cruise probably fits the bill but he annoys me so much now... Michael J. Fox was always cute, but I don't think he fell in the 'hot' category [and Back to the Future is still a fave, though I won't let my girls watch II, they love the Doc and Marty movies, especially III with horses]. Ditto Kirk Cameron [I still remember the Saved by the Bell girls saying 'goodbye' to him when Kelly was getting married - though that was mid90s by then]. And Matthew Broderick [Bueller is DH's favorite movie - or one of them].

Hmmm... I'll have to ponder this some more... Suggestions or comments still appreciated.

Thanks for the input smile .
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Macgyver?

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey! <stamps foot> What about my hot little avatar. Luke Skywalker was a total babe (though I know most girls had a thing for Han). Plus, ESB was 80 and RotJ was 83. That counts as an 80's heart throb, right? What about Luke with his lightsaber? Rawr!!!

[img]http://bp2.blogger.com/_O3F0fH5AGXQ/RtYdTx5zxDI/AAAAAAAABzg/ou3vpBVNAgE/s400/luke.bmp[/img]

Anyone? .... Anyone???

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
.. you know they're right, right?
Haha, I just can't make it through that movie! I'm just so uninterested in 80s movies; I can't even think of a single one I've sat all the way through–off the top of my head, I've seen the end of Footloose, the beginning of Sixteen Candles, the middle of Dirty Dancing, and I have yet to attempt the Breakfast Club. Oh you know what? I have seen Weird Science beginning to end, and it wasn't bad. But I don't think Anthony Michael Hall became interesting to look at until he grew up, hehe.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Patrick Dempsey was big in the 80s but perhaps a little young for what you're looking for? How about a young Harrison Ford?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmmm the 80's...

I had a thing for Bo and Luke Duke(The Dukes of Hazzard) drool

Jan Michael Vincent was flying Airwolf around in a pretty sexy fashion and he was also in Disney's "World's Greatest Athlete"; but then if you're gonna go Disney, how about Kurt Russell for action star? Didn't he do "Big Trouble in Little China" about that time?

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks all.

Who was chosen? See Part 7 of Learning to Love.

Carol

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard