Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with CC Malo, it's been really fun to read about all of the authors on the board. So many interesting and hilarious answers (especially from Ishmael - aka KotHE, Tank). Yous guys crack me up.

SheilaH said:
5. Your first fic?
"A Shot in the Dark,"
That was your *first* fic? Wow, I'm so very impressed. Loved that story.

BJ

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I am so glad I started this poll because it has been great to read everyone's answers. I am finding all sorts of new (to me) authors and stories to read!

It seriously makes me feel like I am among professional writers when I "listen" to what you guys have to say about your work. It's amazing. blush

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Labby, I think that you qualify for a current author. <cough, cough>When You Can't See the Wood<cough, cough>

Wendy, you crack me up! You call yourself defunct and then write a throw-away vignette in the same day. Anybody that can write something readable and immediately post it can never call herself defunct. (Besides, it was pretty funny.)

Tank, we've never believed you when you when you say you're "retired". You write almost as much now as you did before you "retired".

5. Your first fic?
"A Shot in the Dark," posted May 1996.
Eeks in gladness! That's you? I didn't recognize you since we all dropped our last names. I'm glad you're still around.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Labby, I think that you qualify for a current author. <cough, cough>When You Can't See the Wood<cough, cough>
LOL - thanks, Elisabeth. But, considering I wrote that one in 2006... laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm gasping, Labby. You mean you held out on the archive? Say it isn't so!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course. laugh The story was written for the Fundraiser DVD in 2006. There was an embargo on posting it anywhere else for one year after the release of the DVD. Once that year was over, I posted it here on the mbs and then submitted it to the Archive.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
See, sweetheart sloppy , I knew she wouldn't hold out on us.

My faith in Labby is restored...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My faith in Labby is restored...
<snork>

goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
How could I have ever doubted you?

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the compliment, BJ. "A Shot in the Dark" was my first fic, but I'd been writing off and on since I left college.

And yes, Elisabeth, I've been registered here for probably 4 years, but I'm almost exclusively a lurker on this board--otherwise, reading and responding to the fic consumes me. BTW, I'm also the Sheila that was on NaNoWriMo with you guys in November.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me digs up old thread. Way back when (January) this thread started and I placed it onto my todo pile. Now that I actually have some stuff posted, I figure, reviving it would be a good idea.

Reading what you guys posted definitely provided me with some pointers as to what I should watch out for, not that I always managed. It also told me what things are hidden fics. Things I never noticed on a conscious level. Like Nan posting about using all the characters senses to establish their surroundings. And did you know how freaking hard that is?

So here goes my introduction smile

1. What shall we call you?
Michael. But I do respond to just Darth as well smile

2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic?
That’s an easy one: January 2008.

3. Have you ever written fic for other shows?
Nope.

4. Current stories you're working on?
- Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned
- Don’t You Dare! (There is just an nfic-version around.)
- A contribution for the German Ficathon.
- A contribution for the Smutathon on the Dark Side of the Board.

5. Your first fic?
Fury

6. Piece of work you're proudest of?
Before July, I would have said Fury, hands down. Now, I might go with Dare. Mainly because I never thought I could pull it off the way I seem to be pulling it off.

7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing?
Fury. I never realized before I saw the FDK just what demands there could be on a story, things you would have to watch out for. And of course, there is the whole business of Dare sneaking up on me and Fluff is so much easier to write than angst.

8. Your greatest strengths as an author?
I do seem to have a knack for finding new angles to LnC and do things that haven’t been done before as far as I know.

And sometimes, people even laugh at my attempts at humor in the story notworthy

15. The best fic you've read recently?
Recently. Hm. No Play Like Home by said MLT wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Columnist
Columnist
P

Either Poussin or Magaly, which is my real name. Or any other nickame is fine by me. My father calls me Fifi, my sister and my mother call me "Choupette". I don't really care how people call me, as long as I know they're talking to me. LOL

2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic?

I started writing L&C Fanfic 4 or 5 years ago, but I haven't posted the firsts ones. I wrote them and then deleted them without showing them to anybody. The first I posted was "A Special Relationship". I think it was 3 years ago, but I'm not sure.

3. Have you ever written fic for other shows?

Yes. Before writing L&C fanfics, I was writing stories for other shows, but like the firsts L&C ones, I never posted them anywhere. I deleted them as soon as they were finished.

4. Current stories you're working on?

Oh my god. I'm currently working on a LOT of stories. The titles are :
- "Las Vegas Wedding" : a funny story started 4 years ago, but I'm never happy with the scenes I write so it's not near finished. I'm not even sure I will be able to finish it some day. It is set during Pheromone, my lovely
- "Fallen Hero" : one of my current priorities. It is a rewrite of The People against Lois Lane and Dead Lois Walking, but is is set during Madam Ex
- "Crossed Destinies" : a very angsty one, during the New Krypton Arc, but with the added problem of Tempus.
- "Switch" : a rewrite of the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2 but with a living, free and vengeful Lex Luthor. He took over Superman's body thanks to Asabi, and Clark is emprisoned into Lex' body and is arrested by the police for Lex' crimes.
- "Truth and Justice" : a funny rewrite of Whine Whine Whine, with Mxyptlk.

I also have at least two other ideas of fanfic but I haven't started them yet, so I can't say I'm working on them. But as I am a very slow writer, anyway, it will take me years to finish all that and start posting them. I never start the posting before it is finished.

5. Your first fic?

Oh **** ! That question is even worse than the previous one. I just found back that story last month while I was tidying old things. I had completely forgotten about it, so I reread it and I threw it away. It was just awful! It was titled "Amour ondamné" = "Doomed love". I wrote it when I was 13, and there is no way I'm saying more about it. I'm so glad I never let anyone read it. I'm ashamed of it.

6. Piece of work you're proudest of?

That's a question I like. wink

I'm proudest of "Somewhere...". I was trying very hard to work and finish "Las Vegas Wedding" but I couldn't concentrate because there was that idea in my mind all the time. I kept telling my brain "I'll write it later", but my muse just didn't want to wait, and I just had to write it right away. I'm usually a very slow writer but that story just asked to be written, so it took me only a week. I usually write in english and then translate it in french, my language, but I needed so bad to write it, and write it fast that I did the other way around. I wrote it first in french, and then I translated it in english. The translation took me almost a year and half! But I love that story. I'm really proud of it.

7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing?

Without any hesitation, "Las Vegas Wedding". Started 4 years ago, it is only halfway done. And I have to thanks Kaethel and Anna B the Greek to have helped me write that first half. Kaethel helped me brainstorming 4 years ago, and Anna helped me by beta reading what I had already done, and giving me wonderful comments and ideas to go on. But now, I'm stuck again. I just hope it won't take me 4 more years to finish it.

8. Your greatest strengths as an author?

I try to think every story through thoroughly before started the writing. I never start writing a story if I don't already know how it will end, and how I will get there. I try to put a lot of attention into the little details.

9. Your biggest weaknesses?

Without any hesitation, the language. I have trouble with the english. I am self teached, so grammar and tenses are a BIG problem when I write.

10. Preferred genre(s) to write?

My two preferred genres to write are funny stories, and angsty ones.

11. Genre(s) you won't write?

Death fic. I will never write that. I want an happy ending to ALL my stories. In "Crossed Destinies", one of my in progress fanfic, Lois die, right at the beginning, but I swear everything is fine before the end, and she lives.

12. What makes a fic good for you?

When I can see the characters doing the things.
When I'm laughing out loud in front of my computer, and the people around think I'm crazy.
When I'm crying while reading.

13. What ruins a fic for you?

When a story doesn't finish well, I just go mad.
I don't like the crossovers with other shows, but it is okay if is is other DC characters, as long as I recognize Lois and Clark.

14. Author you wish you could trade places with?

No one. I would never want to trade places with any writer. If I took the place of one of my favourite writer (as Wendy Richards, or Sue S, or Shayne, or StopQuitDont, or Jenni Debbage, or any other), she couldn't not write the wonderful stories I love so much anymore. And I don't want to take the place of the writers I'm not fan about. I'm me, and it's fine by me.

15. The best fic you've read recently?

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't had a lot of time to read recently, so I just reread old stories that I had printed a long time ago, while in the bus to work.

But last month, I've read Coming of Age, by StopQuitDont, and I really loved that story. Some scenes make me cry so hard that I got a headache. And as I said, I love when stories makes me cry. It's a wonderful story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't have the energy to answer the questions, and I don't really consider myself an author anymore.
Well, of course you are, Paul. You even got a 2008 Kerth nom...
I'm pretty much now a defunct writer as far as L&C is concerned
See above....

~~~~~

I'd die of embarrassment if anyone connected my unexplainable,out-of-nowhere n-fic post to my RL. People actually think I'm quiet and shy!
Hehe... People think I’m quiet and shy, too. But people that know me could connect my online name to my email and figure it out. But I’m okay with that... uh... at least I think I am.

~~~~~

Nan will do, although my name is really Nancy (big shock there).
Uhhh.... Duh... I was a surprise for me. You’re the only person I ‘know’ that has shortened Nancy to Nan. I actually figured your name was Nanette. What a nice surprise it was to find that we share the same name.

~~~~~

I’ll try to answer these questions later, but since Pousin’s answer is just before this post, I thought I’d answer the question about my first fanfic. I call this my first fanfic because it's my first complete fanfic. It was Superman\'s Wife: Perry\'s Vignette / TOC - vignette And was inspired by Magaly’s wonderful fic: Superman\'s Wife / TOC - Supermans\' Wife

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard