Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope everyone is doing well today. ^_^ One of my friends has been reading a book on how to help get yourself past writers block. One of the ways to do that was to bribe yourself with a reward... so since this is NaNo... let's apply this to our current situation:

What is your writing goal for today? What reward will you give yourself if you meet that writing goal?

I am only at 1705. I need to be at about 5,000 to be on schedule. So my bribe for today is that I get to read the new cheesy romance novel I picked up after I hit 5,000. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've had a really slow start today (sleeping in and playing with my granddaughter for 5 hours), and I've got another 2000 words to hit my goal for today. I'm shooting for 2000 words per day for the first fifteen days to make up for the 3 days I'll be in NY with my friend and won't be doing any writing.

So my goal for today is to get 2000 words in the next 3 hours. And if I do? I get to watch tonight's L&C ep with the rest of the #lanekent crew.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't make 2000 words in that time, but I made 1000, so I let myself go onto IRC for half an hour. Now I only have 400 words to go.

I have to admit, writing this way is completely opposite of my normal pattern of careful planning and constant editing, but it's kinda fun. I've met at least one character I never expected, so now I'm wondering what's coming up next. smile

EDIT: Okay, I just hit 2053 words tonight, and it's time for bed. I had to use part of the extra hour from "falling back" to standard time tonight, but I got it done. Yay!

I'm up to 6079 total, so far. The NaNo site is down right now, so I figured I'd better post my total somewhere so I won't forget what it was by the time the site comes back up.

Sheila Harper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was trying to follow that 1667 words per day thing. So ... I need a total of 6667 words written by the end of today ... which means I have ... 3785 words to write between now and the end of the day.

jawdrop 3785 words!!! What am I doing here?!

*races off with a speed to rival superman*

Catch you later!

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL, Aromassa! Too bad we can't write as fast as Clark can. I was going to correct you to say you only needed 5000 words today when I realized you're already on day 4 in Australia. Good luck!

Sheila Harper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Dunno about my goal, per say, but I do try to write more than I did the day before.

Of course, tonight I wrote 2,963 words and I'm almost afraid of trying to match that tomorrow... But I WILL tell you this: Writing while intoxicated greatly reduces the urge for rewrites.

Although, 8000 words in, and I'm beginning to wonder if my plot will EVER start... >.<

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Writing while intoxicated greatly reduces the urge for rewrites.
I've decided not to do that again. The last story I did that on, I killed off Clark. In front of Lois, no less. I was lucky my sister was co-writing with me and immediately decided to delete the last paragraph or so in which I'd done such a ghastly deed.

Oh, and I now have a total of 4153 words. Because I kept getting kicked off the computer all day by my sister and my dad, both separately and to work on something together. huh

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*sighs* suffering heavily from "constant rewrite" syndrome right now.

I remember doing it last year the first few days and then realizing I was so totally behind I needed to stop doing that at once. I'm hoping the same realization will make it to my brain again this year, else I'm screwed!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I had firmly decided I was *not* going to do this this year. Every year I wanted to, but I used to tell myself, "I'll do it when I get out of college." Well, now I'm out of college, but I had another excuse. "Being a first year teacher is almost as bad as being in college. I'll do it next year." Plus I live in a new city and have no social life, so I figured if I was going to have free time I should be out meeting people instead of sitting in my living room writing a novel.

And then last night I changed my mind, threw caution to the winds, and wrote 1,862 words of a brand new novel. It's something very new to me. It's not fanfic. It's not even a genre novel. I have no outline, no idea where it's going, and I've lost two days' worth of writing time. Deep down I have a feeling I'm not going to be anywhere close to 50,000 words by the end of the month, but I'm going to try. 50K words / 28 days = 1,785 words per day.

Anyway, all this to say, I'm throwing my hat in the ring, let's see how far I get smile

NaNo Name: Kaylle (Number 251692)
Years Doing NaNo: 0
This Year's Genre: Mainstream fiction
This Year's Idea: Best friends are reunited after nine years with no contact.
Novel Title: The One That Got Away
Word Count Goal: 50K
I'll be posting the story in friends-only posts on LiveJournal; if you have an account there and would like to see the story, drop me a line and I'll send you the address smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, that's a good idea! I'm just posting the word count at the moment. And actually posting the story as I go will make me stop with the re-writes. Hopefully. Maybe. We'll see.

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ok, I admit that I only have 1621 words, but, on the brightside, I am having fun.

Part of the lack of words is that this is an insane time of year at work and, Elisabeth is writing her story based in one of my imagined favorite places on earth, which I can't tell you under pain of {fill in the blank}

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well I have been struggling the last few days with my story. I didn't love my characters and each word was painful.

So this morning I sat down to write a totally different story.

I'm at word: 2465 right now and the creative juices are still flowing. I have more than surpassed the other story I was writing and I think I might hit 3-4,00 words tonight.

Finally I'm really excited about what I'm writing!

EDIT: I ended the day with 3247. I could write more but sadly I have to fold laundry and go to bed. *sigh* Dang it! I was just getting started. mecry

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jojo! That's awesome!!

Haven't written a word since Thursday, but sick kids and weekends will do that...

Doc appointment for DD6 [who may be heading towards pneumonia if we're not careful] will also see DS getting weighed just because we're already there...

Maybe tomorrow night...
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jojo, I'm glad to hear that you found a story that excited you. Another two days like this, and you'll be caught up.

Carol, I hope your daughter is doing better.

I didn't quite make my goal yesterday, so I finished at 7394. I've got a little catching up to do to finish today on track. I'm up to 7775 now at 11:30 my time, so I need to really start pushing.

Sheila Harper

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by LabRat:
First line:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
goofy

I keep meaning to comment on this... smile

I was hoping someone would find this amusing *g*. First line is supposed to grab the reader isn't it?!?!

Carol [who reread what she had because no one is in the hospital, made a couple of small edits, and is up to 5069 and is praying to get to write tonight...]

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay. I hope everyone is doing well. ^_^ Here is another question for you guys. I'm stealing these questions by the way from my good friend Alicia. laugh I'm really not that creative.

In about 50 words, or less, describe your least favorite character (so far), and explain why you don't like them.

Porter. One of my main characters. I like him but he isn't behaving. He is being a perfect gentleman and I know he isn't one. He just isn't producing the snark I want out of him. *sigh*

But I just started on this new story so he is still blooming. I'm sure he will come out of his shell at some point. Although since I have made him temp. blind he may be a bit nicer until he gets his sight back.

(for those who knew my original NaNo idea... don't ask me what's up with the blind characters.)

EDIT: and I'm ending the day so far with about 5114

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I don't like Great Aunt Louise Lane. She's being way too nice. She's supposed to be this crotchety old woman but she's turning out to be a wonderful woman who just doesn't want kids. But she's even just called herself crotchety and everyone knows you can't be crotchety if you call yourself that...

*sigh*

Oh well, I can make her work.
Carol

Current word count: 8269

Features Writer
Features Writer
My least favorite character is General Landry... of course, he's also my least favorite character in the show, so I guess my opinion of him was biased from the get-go laugh

He's just so... so... GENERALY!!

And I'm still stuck at 12,346 words. My beloved computer got a major hardware update yesterday, and now the computer won't recognize the version of windows I had install. Grr. Must remedy!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Erm... so far there are only two actual characters in my story. I like both of them.

The only other people so far that aren't "a crowd" or "a group" are two other guys who don't have names are are really just... extras. You know, the type that have no lines and get listed as "guy with gun" or "man at table" in the end-credits?

One is the owner of an inn and I have no feelings for the guy, good or bad. He just is.

But the other dude... Ooooh. That dude! I hope he gets hurt later on. splat He held Bruce at gunpoint, threw him on the floor and stepped on his back, breaking one of his ribs and then... then, he kicked him in the head. Meanie!

*giggles*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But I love all my characters! You wouldn't really want be to choose the least favourite of my children, would you? Although, they're not really my children because they're all l&c canon, but you know what I mean... blush

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard