Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155584 06/20/07 09:40 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
There is a story out there where, just after Lois finds out that Clark is Superman, Clark decides to show off by moving back and forth so quickly that it appears that both Clark and Superman are both standing there. I'm playing with a story idea right now where this idea could solve one of the major problems I'm having, but I want to give credit to the author who came up with it. Does anyone remember the story?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh... oh... I know this. Give me like... 10 min.

*loves a challenge*

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like Montrose's Toast by Phil Atcliffe.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm that isn't the one I was thinking of... but it may be the one ML is thinking about...

I can't find it yet ML but I'll keep searching. I know exactly which one you are speaking about too...

Seems like it was multi-authored. wallbash

LOL *won't rest till she finds it*

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Montrose's Toast by Phil Atcliffe is the one I was thinking of, Wendy. Thanks.

However, if there is another one out there that uses the same concept, I'd be interested in reading it, jojo.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The one I am thinking about takes place in either Lois or Clark's living room. I don't believe she knows that he is Superman at that time and Clark is messing with her. He keeps speeding back and forth around the room and pretending that both Superman and Clark are in the same room with her having a conversation. At one point he is moving so fast he appears to be two people.

I'm going to hunt again today for it. It is driving me crazy now. I know that it isn't something I made up in my own head because I'm not nearly that creative. lol

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Jojo, you're not crazy because I know exactly which one you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't recall the author or title!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lisa, I'm glad you recognize it as well. I have been looking non-stop for the last 3 days for this. LOL

It is driving me nuts! grumble

~Jojo, who has resorted to pull out the database project to search for it.

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Jojo,

How goes the search? Because I too remember this story, but can't remember the title, author, etc.

However, since you've resorted to the DB project (which I love to use), it's a short story.

And I hope you can find it soon, because now it's driving me crazy!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So I get the answer I need, but in the meantime, I manage to drive everyone else crazy looking for a story? eek

Sorry, guys blush

ML wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
I know the one you're talking about, and Lois actually doesn't know. He's making her think she's seeing both of them at the same time.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Okay, is the story you all are thinking of possibly Truth or Dare By Nancy V. Sont aka Tipiwoman?

Clark is definitely playing with Lois and making her think both Clark and Superman are in the room with her.

Amy smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
AmyN I love you... You have just kept me from going insane.

Yes! That is exactly the story I was thinking of. ^_^

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
AmyN, you rock! Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

ML, don't worry. We're all a bit crazy anyway. I'm glad you found yours so quickly. I'm just also glad that eventually, someone came up with the one that Jojo and I were thinking of.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard