Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/20/07 01:40 PM
There is a story out there where, just after Lois finds out that Clark is Superman, Clark decides to show off by moving back and forth so quickly that it appears that both Clark and Superman are both standing there. I'm playing with a story idea right now where this idea could solve one of the major problems I'm having, but I want to give credit to the author who came up with it. Does anyone remember the story?

ML wave
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/20/07 02:15 PM
Oh... oh... I know this. Give me like... 10 min.

*loves a challenge*
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/20/07 04:01 PM
Sounds like Montrose's Toast by Phil Atcliffe.

Wendy smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/20/07 04:42 PM
Hmm that isn't the one I was thinking of... but it may be the one ML is thinking about...

I can't find it yet ML but I'll keep searching. I know exactly which one you are speaking about too...

Seems like it was multi-authored. wallbash

LOL *won't rest till she finds it*
Posted By: MLT Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/20/07 08:24 PM
Montrose's Toast by Phil Atcliffe is the one I was thinking of, Wendy. Thanks.

However, if there is another one out there that uses the same concept, I'd be interested in reading it, jojo.

ML wave
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/21/07 10:34 AM
The one I am thinking about takes place in either Lois or Clark's living room. I don't believe she knows that he is Superman at that time and Clark is messing with her. He keeps speeding back and forth around the room and pretending that both Superman and Clark are in the same room with her having a conversation. At one point he is moving so fast he appears to be two people.

I'm going to hunt again today for it. It is driving me crazy now. I know that it isn't something I made up in my own head because I'm not nearly that creative. lol
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/21/07 02:22 PM
Jojo, you're not crazy because I know exactly which one you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't recall the author or title!
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/22/07 12:46 PM
Lisa, I'm glad you recognize it as well. I have been looking non-stop for the last 3 days for this. LOL

It is driving me nuts! grumble

~Jojo, who has resorted to pull out the database project to search for it.
Posted By: mmouse Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/23/07 06:38 PM
Jojo,

How goes the search? Because I too remember this story, but can't remember the title, author, etc.

However, since you've resorted to the DB project (which I love to use), it's a short story.

And I hope you can find it soon, because now it's driving me crazy!

mmouse
Posted By: MLT Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/23/07 07:19 PM
So I get the answer I need, but in the meantime, I manage to drive everyone else crazy looking for a story? eek

Sorry, guys blush

ML wave
Posted By: woody Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/23/07 11:41 PM
I know the one you're talking about, and Lois actually doesn't know. He's making her think she's seeing both of them at the same time.
Posted By: AmyN Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/24/07 08:27 AM
Okay, is the story you all are thinking of possibly Truth or Dare By Nancy V. Sont aka Tipiwoman?

Clark is definitely playing with Lois and making her think both Clark and Superman are in the room with her.

Amy smile1
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/24/07 08:45 AM
AmyN I love you... You have just kept me from going insane.

Yes! That is exactly the story I was thinking of. ^_^
Posted By: mmouse Re: FFQ: Need to find a story - 06/26/07 10:03 AM
AmyN, you rock! Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

ML, don't worry. We're all a bit crazy anyway. I'm glad you found yours so quickly. I'm just also glad that eventually, someone came up with the one that Jojo and I were thinking of.

mmouse
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards