Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First, thank you very much to everyone who nominated Touch! smile

Second, congratulations to everyone else who make it onto the ballot.

Third, to Yvonne and Kaethel: wow! You guys are fast! A huge congratulations for the amazingly quick tally, and thank you to you, too. smile

Chris <grinning madly>

Edited to remove board member's real name.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all the nominees! smile

I had to hide my excitement over seeing the email at work. Don't think I could explain it very well. I was surprised to see the list this soon, so thank you K-Comm!!! And then all of those nominees... how will I ever be able to make just one choice in each category?

I'd better be off, so I can start reading then.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I really didn't expect the nominations to be posted so soon, so a big thank you goes to Yvonne and Kaethel for all their work, and to the rest of the K-Comm.

Congratulations to all the nominees... and I'm suprised... not to mention over the moon to be nominated. smile

Thank you to everyone who nominated me. You've made my day.

Yours Jenni

Edited to remove a board member's real name.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congratulations to all the authors! grumble

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks to the committee members for all their hard work (unpaid, I must add).

Thanks to the folks who nominated one of my stories and one of my characters! Woo-hoo!

hyper

(I can't tell you how long it took me to type this and spell everything correctly.)

I plan to read a bunch of stuff over the next few, but it's going to be hard to say "this is the best in this category" for any of these offerings! This fandom has some of the best authors in the world, including books, newsletters, scriptwriters, and cereal box ingredient lists across the globe. I'm honored just to be included in their lofty company.

Thank you for letting me play in your sandbox! And thank you for the nominaations!

Woo-hoo!

Edit: I just noticed that I misspelled 'nominations.' Oh, well, just chalk it up to my excitement!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, I'm back. Yes, it took me that long to recompose myself. Thank you so much to everyone who nominated my vignettes. I still can't believe it.

And to be nominated as best new author along with so many great writers... that just blows my mind. I've said it before, I don't really consider myself a writer. I can't plot long stories and develop storylines, so I stick with these really short pieces. I'm just stunned and grateful that people are enjoying them.

Wow.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to all nominees!! thumbsup

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations to all the nominees!!! Now comes the hard part -- how to compare the stories in each category!
Best wishes all.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Merriwether
Merriwether
Congratulations, everyone.

jawdrop

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Took me a very long time to recover from the shock as well. Wow...

Thanks to everyone - the organizers and the people who actually put my stories on their nominations list. I can't even begin to tell you what this means to me to see my name there, along with people whose work I admire.

...I guess I really need to stop complaining that my English isn't as good as everyone else's, huh? *lol*

Thank you! From the bottom of my heart. sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well it's been a while, but it's gratifying to know that I haven't been forgotten by the gentle readers.

The noms are much appreciated, but mostly I have to shout out a heartfelt congratulations to all who were nominated. I've always felt that given the incredible talent level in this fandom that any nomination is a win.

Gratitude is also extended to all those whose hard work makes this little exercise in fanfic celebration possible.

Tank (who is also tickled to have been a part of keeping Wendy's name in things even though she has temporarily strayed off the true path)

Kerth
Kerth
It's been twelve hours and I still haven't stopped hyperventillating about this. I, too, would like to thank every single person who wrote my name down. There are simply no words for how amazing it is to see my name alongside all these writers whom I admire so much.

Thanks also to the K-Comm group. That was an incredibly fast turn-around on getting the noms out.

I need to go find a paper bag now or I'll never get to sleep tonight...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ay, karumba.

I've always felt that given the incredible talent level in this fandom that any nomination is a win.
I completely agree.

I just read through the stories in the Best Short and Super Short, and I have absolutely no idea how I am going to choose which one to vote for.

Based on this year's selection, it seems if you're looking for a great story, a Kerth nomination is enough qualification.

And there are others which are great but didn't get a nom. My brain is overloading trying to sort this out. I think the easier ones will be theme specific because you have something specific to look for, but I'm dreading trying to read all those because I fear it'll make it even more difficult.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well... I suppose I can't wait any longer, but I still don't know what I can say that will show just how shocked and appreciative I am. I've been crying on and off all day whenever I think about it. Does that sum it up? goofy

Really, thank you to each and every one of you who nominated my story. It means more to me than you can know! notworthy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Congratulations to all the nominees from me, too. smile

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm back to say what I neglected to say this morning, although the sentiment was certainly present at the time - blush

THANK YOU to Yvonne and Kae and the K Com in general for your hard work and a second helping of THANKS to those who nominated my story. I am beyond flabbergasted. This truly made my day. They probably heard me screaming halfway down the block when I read the list this morning. I keep going back to look and make sure I didn't read it wrong!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
help

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Congrats to everyone! party This is going to be some tough voting!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations to all the nominees! [Linked Image] Thank you for such amazing stories. notworthy All the nominees are great writers.

Boy, it's gonna be a though voting. At least 23 of my nominations made it to the final list. eek How am I supposed to choose? hail

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, guys!

I knew this was the right time of year to wander back to the boards and check things out. smile

Congratulations to all the nominees, and to all the fandom for keeping LnC thriving, even ten years down the line! hyper

I hope there will be a linked list of nominees put up sometime in the near future so that I can start reading, and hopefully be able to make some kind of coherent choice when voting begins!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard