Lois & Clark Forums
And the winner is...

Ahem. Not just yet. laugh But Yvonne and I counted your nominations, sorted everything out, and we have a ballot!!

Unfortunately, there's one category we couldn't keep. We'd thought that relationship wouldn't fly, and we're happy to announce that we were wrong about that. However, we couldn't keep Best Episode Adaptation, as the very few stories nominated there already featured heavily in other categories, and we have the 2 categories max rule to follow. smile

In any case, many, many thanks to all of you who sent us their nominations. You make these awards what they are, so thanks for taking part! smile

So without further ado, because I know you're all eager to know the results, here are the nominees for the 2007 Kerth Awards:

Best Super Short

Damn Good Thing, by MrsMosley
His Body Above Her, by C_A
Incompatible, by David
Touch, by Chris Carr
World Enough, and Time, by C_A

Best Short Story

Before the Beginning, by Nan Smith
Betrayal of Justice, by Catherine Bruce
Galactically Stupid - The Whole Story, by ML Thompson
Go Softly Into The Night, by Yvonne Connell
Innocence Lost, by Caroline K.
Proof / Proof and Consequences / Proof or Dare, by Sue S.
She's, by Terry Leatherwood
Truth, Justice, and Superman's Way, by Tank Wilson

Best Mid-Length Story

The Inside Scoop, by Paul-Gabriel Wiener
Longings of the Heart, by Erin Klingler
The Next Step, by Sue S.
Nocturne, by Shayne Terry
Novel Idea, by MetroRhodes

Best Waffy Story

Her Choice, by SarahC.
The High Cost of Having a Life, by Tank Wilson and Wendy Richards
If You Just Believe, by Lois Lane Wanna Be
Merry Christmas, Lois Lane, by Classicalla
Paradise Lost... Almost, by Tank Wilson
Proof / Proof and Consequences / Proof or Dare, by Sue S.

Best Comedy

Darn It! By Nan Smith
Galactically Stupid - The Whole Story, by ML Thompson
The Inside Scoop, by Paul-Gabriel Wiener
The Naked Truth, by FinLi
The Villain's Tale, by Janet Owens
Wrestle Me This, by LaraMoon

Best Revelation Story

Go Softly Into The Night, by Yvonne Connell
If I Were You, by Caroline K.
The Next Step, by Sue S.
Paradise Lost... Almost, by Tank Wilson
A Revelation of Trust, by Kent28
Testing Grounds, by MetroRhodes

Best Drama

Away From the Sun, by Sara Kraft
Faustian Bargain, by Sue S.
The Forgotten, by Jenni Debbage
Guilty Until Proven Innocent, by ML Thompson
Revisionist History, by Sue S.

Best Relationship Story

Longings of the Heart, by Erin Klingler
Reversal of Fortune, by LaraMoon
Tears in Heaven, by Shannon Berg and Lisa Stankiewicz

Best Alternate Universe / Elsworlds Story

Lost in Time, by ML Thompson
Reversal of Fortune, by LaraMoon
Supermen United, by MetroRhodes

Best Original / Supporting Character

The MacDonnells - The Forgotten, by Jenni Debbage
David - Lost in Time, by ML Thompson
Henderson - Supercop II: The Black Knight, by Nan Smith
The narrator - Tough as Nails, by Richard Frantz Jr.
Karen - The Write Stuff, by Terry Leatherwood

Best New Author

Angelic_editor
C_A
Caroline K.
LaraMoon
MetroRhodes
Sue S.

Best Overall Story

The Forgotten, by Jenni Debbage

Congrats to all the nominees, and good luck for the actual awards!! Now guys, what are you waiting for? Get reading! Think about your votes!! Remember, voting starts on March 17th, and you'll only have one week then to send us your ballot!

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator
jawdrop I.... excuse me. I'll be back as soon as I can say something coherent.
Oh... my... God.

thud
SQUEEEEEEEEE! shock
Congrats, y'all smile
goofy
Congrats all!! clap

Jackie
Wow. Three stories is wonderful, especially considering how few stories I contributed last year.

Thanks to the K-Comm for its quick work.

Nan
[Linked Image]

Are you kidding??? Three story noms??? Me???

[Linked Image]

OMG!!!

[Linked Image]

NO FREAKIN WAY!!!

<DJ jumps out of her chair at the office and goes running through shouting happy "good mornings" to everyone she passes>

Wow!

blush
Congratulations, everyone!

And..what Pam said. goofy I seem to be going, "Har! Told you!" quite a lot, reading through that list. laugh

LabRat (once again, trying to get to grips with the 'I can only vote for one?' concept... Boy, oh boy, this is going to be tough...)
Congrats, everyone! Guess I have some reading to do.. goofy
Congratulations to everyone... twins
Congratulations, everyone!!! clap

And thanks, K-Com, for your work. smile

c.
Yay!!! Congrats everyone! ^_^
Congratulations!!!! clap clap
AAAAHHHH!!! thud

Congrats to all the nominees!
Okay, now that the initial shock has worn off... sort of...

I wanted to come back and say thank you to the committee for all their hard work! I felt like such an ingrate when I realized I had forgotten to do that. Sheesh!

Oh, and of course a congratulations needs to be said to everyone who got a nom! Wow! So many great stories this year - I'm in awe..... The stress of voting is going to kill me!

-- DJ
*thud*

Wow! I'm truly overwhelmed blush .

Thanks so much to the committee for their hard work, and congratulations to all who were nominated!

Caroline
clap dance party
Thanks to the K-com and congratulations to all the nominees! smile1

Simona smile
Thanks for the work K Com and argh, you nominees are going to give me a ha-a-a-rd time when it comes to voting!

alcyone
First, thank you very much to everyone who nominated Touch! smile

Second, congratulations to everyone else who make it onto the ballot.

Third, to Yvonne and Kaethel: wow! You guys are fast! A huge congratulations for the amazingly quick tally, and thank you to you, too. smile

Chris <grinning madly>

Edited to remove board member's real name.
Congratulations to all the nominees! smile

I had to hide my excitement over seeing the email at work. Don't think I could explain it very well. I was surprised to see the list this soon, so thank you K-Comm!!! And then all of those nominees... how will I ever be able to make just one choice in each category?

I'd better be off, so I can start reading then.

Saskia smile
Hi,

I really didn't expect the nominations to be posted so soon, so a big thank you goes to Yvonne and Kaethel for all their work, and to the rest of the K-Comm.

Congratulations to all the nominees... and I'm suprised... not to mention over the moon to be nominated. smile

Thank you to everyone who nominated me. You've made my day.

Yours Jenni

Edited to remove a board member's real name.
Congratulations to all the authors! grumble
Thanks to the committee members for all their hard work (unpaid, I must add).

Thanks to the folks who nominated one of my stories and one of my characters! Woo-hoo!

hyper

(I can't tell you how long it took me to type this and spell everything correctly.)

I plan to read a bunch of stuff over the next few, but it's going to be hard to say "this is the best in this category" for any of these offerings! This fandom has some of the best authors in the world, including books, newsletters, scriptwriters, and cereal box ingredient lists across the globe. I'm honored just to be included in their lofty company.

Thank you for letting me play in your sandbox! And thank you for the nominaations!

Woo-hoo!

Edit: I just noticed that I misspelled 'nominations.' Oh, well, just chalk it up to my excitement!
Okay, I'm back. Yes, it took me that long to recompose myself. Thank you so much to everyone who nominated my vignettes. I still can't believe it.

And to be nominated as best new author along with so many great writers... that just blows my mind. I've said it before, I don't really consider myself a writer. I can't plot long stories and develop storylines, so I stick with these really short pieces. I'm just stunned and grateful that people are enjoying them.

Wow.
Congratulations to all nominees!! thumbsup
Congratulations to all the nominees!!! Now comes the hard part -- how to compare the stories in each category!
Best wishes all.
cool
Artemis
Congratulations, everyone.

jawdrop
Took me a very long time to recover from the shock as well. Wow...

Thanks to everyone - the organizers and the people who actually put my stories on their nominations list. I can't even begin to tell you what this means to me to see my name there, along with people whose work I admire.

...I guess I really need to stop complaining that my English isn't as good as everyone else's, huh? *lol*

Thank you! From the bottom of my heart. sloppy
Well it's been a while, but it's gratifying to know that I haven't been forgotten by the gentle readers.

The noms are much appreciated, but mostly I have to shout out a heartfelt congratulations to all who were nominated. I've always felt that given the incredible talent level in this fandom that any nomination is a win.

Gratitude is also extended to all those whose hard work makes this little exercise in fanfic celebration possible.

Tank (who is also tickled to have been a part of keeping Wendy's name in things even though she has temporarily strayed off the true path)
It's been twelve hours and I still haven't stopped hyperventillating about this. I, too, would like to thank every single person who wrote my name down. There are simply no words for how amazing it is to see my name alongside all these writers whom I admire so much.

Thanks also to the K-Comm group. That was an incredibly fast turn-around on getting the noms out.

I need to go find a paper bag now or I'll never get to sleep tonight...
Ay, karumba.

I've always felt that given the incredible talent level in this fandom that any nomination is a win.
I completely agree.

I just read through the stories in the Best Short and Super Short, and I have absolutely no idea how I am going to choose which one to vote for.

Based on this year's selection, it seems if you're looking for a great story, a Kerth nomination is enough qualification.

And there are others which are great but didn't get a nom. My brain is overloading trying to sort this out. I think the easier ones will be theme specific because you have something specific to look for, but I'm dreading trying to read all those because I fear it'll make it even more difficult.
Well... I suppose I can't wait any longer, but I still don't know what I can say that will show just how shocked and appreciative I am. I've been crying on and off all day whenever I think about it. Does that sum it up? goofy

Really, thank you to each and every one of you who nominated my story. It means more to me than you can know! notworthy

Sara smile
Congratulations to all the nominees from me, too. smile
I'm back to say what I neglected to say this morning, although the sentiment was certainly present at the time - blush

THANK YOU to Yvonne and Kae and the K Com in general for your hard work and a second helping of THANKS to those who nominated my story. I am beyond flabbergasted. This truly made my day. They probably heard me screaming halfway down the block when I read the list this morning. I keep going back to look and make sure I didn't read it wrong!
help

Tricia cool
Congrats to everyone! party This is going to be some tough voting!
Congratulations to all the nominees! [Linked Image] Thank you for such amazing stories. notworthy All the nominees are great writers.

Boy, it's gonna be a though voting. At least 23 of my nominations made it to the final list. eek How am I supposed to choose? hail

Andreia
Hey, guys!

I knew this was the right time of year to wander back to the boards and check things out. smile

Congratulations to all the nominees, and to all the fandom for keeping LnC thriving, even ten years down the line! hyper

I hope there will be a linked list of nominees put up sometime in the near future so that I can start reading, and hopefully be able to make some kind of coherent choice when voting begins!
Congratulations to all the nominees! dance

I hope there will be a linked list of nominees put up sometime in the near future so that I can start reading
Hi, Hazel! There sure is, go to Kerth 2007 Nominees

Kathy
Hazel!!!

c.
Congrats to all the nominees. And thanks to those who nominated my stories. I truly am touched laugh .

ML wave
Yay, you guys!! Congratulations to everyone, especially the newbies among us! laugh And thanks, K-Comm, for all your work!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Oh wow, I never thought that me and Shannon's fic would get nominated! Thank you to everyone who voted, and thank you to the K-Comm for all their hard work! and good luck to everyone!

Lisa clap
Wow! Hadn't realised I had anything eligible this year. Incredibly pleasant surprise. smile

Congrats and good luck to all the nominees, and thank you to the very fantastic K comm! smile

Dave (who has a lot of reading to do!)
Congrats again to all the nominees, and thanks so much to the K-Com Team! You guys can't imagine what a wonderful bunch they are! Lately RL has been hectic on this coordinator, and they've been around the hold the boat afloat. Between the quiz setters, the webmasters, Tricia who made most of the PR announcements, and my trusty nomination-tallying partner Yvonne, WOW. You guys are wonderful and I wanted to say that to you publicly! notworthy

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator (and back in online business, hopefully wildguy )
Just to let you know, the site for the nominees says the 2006 awards instead of 2007.
Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to all the nominees this year! Well-deserved, all of you! Thanks to the K-Comm for all their hard work, too - you guys are awesome, as always.

Good luck to everyone!

Tracey smile
WHAT? jawdrop

I am nominated?

WHAT? jawdrop

OMG! hahaha wowowowowow! thud

Thank you soooo much and thanks to those who voted and good luck to those also nominated!

Wow! Awesome! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Just wanted to give a thanks to KCom for all their work! And guys, I bet all your stories are just great! I've had to stop reading due to school, but hopefully I can nominate at least a few things in a few weeks.

JD

thumbsup
thumbsup

Thanks also to K-com for all the hard work. I love having this fantastic list of fresh stories available for my reading pleasure. laugh

BJ
Wow.. eek blush

I am humbled and honored to be nominated. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought that it would happen.

Thank you to all who were involved and congratulations to all the wonderfully creative writers who keep us in great reading material.

You are all wonderful people and I'm so pleased to be a part of this site.

And a big THANK YOU goes out to Paul who was my General Editor for this story. thumbsup

Thank you again notworthy

Humbly yours,
FinLi
I just saw this thread - wow! Thank you, K-comm and all of you who nominated me. blush

And congratulations to all of you who were nominated - I've got a lot of reading to do, too.

'Toc
Thank you to the K-Comm for their hard work and Congratulations to all the nominees! There are so many good stories and authors; voting is going to be very difficult this year.

Annette
Just wanted to extend my congrats too! I just went through the exhausting list and voted. That was the toughest decision I've had to make all year!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards