Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154129 02/10/07 04:39 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was just thinking how some of these stories should be made into scripts for movies. Except that they are limited to LnC, the plot ideas are wonderful.

some of the stories I was thinking of:
Meet Me in Kansas City (which I just read)
Masques
Faustian Bargain
Maysonry of Life and Rebuilding Superman (when it's finished.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#154130 02/10/07 06:40 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Woody! I peeked and saw two of my stories listed with three others which I personally consider classics! I'm so pleased that you think so highly of something I've written! Thank you! To put me in with those other writers is a higher compliment than I deserve, but thanks anyway!

Wow! I may not sleep much tonight! (Oh, "Rebuilding Superman" is done, except for some beta feedback on the last two chapters.)

If I had my own list, I'd include "Revisionist History" pretty much right off the bat. Of course, the nfic version could only be shown on pay-per-view cable.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#154131 02/10/07 06:54 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
IMHO....

Echoes of the Past
Lost in Time
Out of Time
Single White Kryptonian

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#154132 02/10/07 07:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If I had my own list, I'd include "Revisionist History" pretty much right off the bat. Of course, the nfic version could only be shown on pay-per-view cable.
Skinemax perhaps...<g> That would be a joke for our U.S. Cinemax channel which gets a little raunchy.

The Long Road Home. I'd especially love to see Lois' neighbor, Agnes, on the big screen. smile

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#154133 02/10/07 10:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If there's any one fic I'd like to see on TV, it'd be Rage by Lynn M.
Also:
24 Hours
Some Kind of Angel
Faustain Bargain
Suffer the Little Children, which is my favourite Jenni Debbage story.

Y'know, I wonder what the writers of Smallville would think of Terry Leatherwood's The Road Taken. cool

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#154134 02/10/07 11:04 PM
Columnist
Columnist
If there's any one fic I'd like to see on TV, it'd be Rage by Lynn M.
That was my thought exactly.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#154135 02/11/07 12:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There are many elements of fic's that I loved to have seen in the series. But the first thing that leaps to my mind when I think of fics that should have been the actual script is "When friends become lovers"

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#154136 02/11/07 12:20 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can't believe I forgot WFBL!! How awesome was that?!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#154137 02/11/07 12:39 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Woody and Terry - thank you for the lovely compliment. This was the first thread I chanced on, out of bed, and it's quite made my day. jump

Gosh, there would be so many stories on my list - but at the moment my brain is still sleep-befuddled, so it's a blank. laugh I may be back later, once it's woken up and is functioning better than a hen with bird flu.... wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#154138 02/11/07 01:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd vote for When The World Finds Out, by CCAiken - it's one of the most cinematic fics I know. All the scenes are so clearly drawn, I can picture each one of them in my mind. Just imagine that amazing ballroom scene, for example, or the scene where Clark goes to buy Lois a bagel, or the scene on the beach when all the family are burying Clark's glasses. I could go on listing scenes - and all from memory, because that's how powerful they are. I'd watch a film version of it any day. thumbsup

Yvonne

#154139 02/11/07 03:30 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I agree, Yvonne, and In A Better Place, too.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#154140 02/11/07 05:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, those two were at the forefront of my mind, too.

As for others:

Erin's Darkest Hour, would make a great romantic thriller.

And I'd love to see FlakeyDom's Whiskey Galore done as a movie - not only because it's a great story, but because they'd film it in my favourite place in the world - St. Andrews, Fife. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#154141 02/11/07 07:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also echo Yvonne's thoughts about When The World Finds Out, by CCAiken.

It took me a long time to decide on my favorite fic but that one I think is it. I think I have read it about 8 times so far and still could go read it again right now.

There are so many others though that I could see as a script though. We have a lot of talent on these boards.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#154142 02/11/07 10:18 AM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, Terry, I chose your fics because 1. I think they're great and 2. I think the kind of story (murder) and especially the court scenes in RS would work well on screen.

As for all the others mentioned, they're all great. The only minor problem with some of them is that only a FoLC would be interested in watching, which does make them any worse, just less marketable maybe.

Oh, and City by the Sea would be good too.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard