Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: woody Great stories - 02/10/07 08:39 PM
I was just thinking how some of these stories should be made into scripts for movies. Except that they are limited to LnC, the plot ideas are wonderful.

some of the stories I was thinking of:
Meet Me in Kansas City (which I just read)
Masques
Faustian Bargain
Maysonry of Life and Rebuilding Superman (when it's finished.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: Great stories - 02/10/07 10:40 PM
Woody! I peeked and saw two of my stories listed with three others which I personally consider classics! I'm so pleased that you think so highly of something I've written! Thank you! To put me in with those other writers is a higher compliment than I deserve, but thanks anyway!

Wow! I may not sleep much tonight! (Oh, "Rebuilding Superman" is done, except for some beta feedback on the last two chapters.)

If I had my own list, I'd include "Revisionist History" pretty much right off the bat. Of course, the nfic version could only be shown on pay-per-view cable.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Great stories - 02/10/07 10:54 PM
IMHO....

Echoes of the Past
Lost in Time
Out of Time
Single White Kryptonian
Posted By: Shadow Re: Great stories - 02/10/07 11:47 PM
If I had my own list, I'd include "Revisionist History" pretty much right off the bat. Of course, the nfic version could only be shown on pay-per-view cable.
Skinemax perhaps...<g> That would be a joke for our U.S. Cinemax channel which gets a little raunchy.

The Long Road Home. I'd especially love to see Lois' neighbor, Agnes, on the big screen. smile

JD
Posted By: Lady_Mirth Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 02:18 AM
If there's any one fic I'd like to see on TV, it'd be Rage by Lynn M.
Also:
24 Hours
Some Kind of Angel
Faustain Bargain
Suffer the Little Children, which is my favourite Jenni Debbage story.

Y'know, I wonder what the writers of Smallville would think of Terry Leatherwood's The Road Taken. cool
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 03:04 AM
If there's any one fic I'd like to see on TV, it'd be Rage by Lynn M.
That was my thought exactly.
Posted By: Arawn Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 04:15 AM
There are many elements of fic's that I loved to have seen in the series. But the first thing that leaps to my mind when I think of fics that should have been the actual script is "When friends become lovers"
Posted By: Lady_Mirth Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 04:20 AM
Can't believe I forgot WFBL!! How awesome was that?!
Posted By: LabRat Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 04:39 AM
Woody and Terry - thank you for the lovely compliment. This was the first thread I chanced on, out of bed, and it's quite made my day. jump

Gosh, there would be so many stories on my list - but at the moment my brain is still sleep-befuddled, so it's a blank. laugh I may be back later, once it's woken up and is functioning better than a hen with bird flu.... wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: YConnell Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 05:00 AM
I'd vote for When The World Finds Out, by CCAiken - it's one of the most cinematic fics I know. All the scenes are so clearly drawn, I can picture each one of them in my mind. Just imagine that amazing ballroom scene, for example, or the scene where Clark goes to buy Lois a bagel, or the scene on the beach when all the family are burying Clark's glasses. I could go on listing scenes - and all from memory, because that's how powerful they are. I'd watch a film version of it any day. thumbsup

Yvonne
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 07:30 AM
I agree, Yvonne, and In A Better Place, too.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 09:07 AM
Yes, those two were at the forefront of my mind, too.

As for others:

Erin's Darkest Hour, would make a great romantic thriller.

And I'd love to see FlakeyDom's Whiskey Galore done as a movie - not only because it's a great story, but because they'd film it in my favourite place in the world - St. Andrews, Fife. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 11:56 AM
I also echo Yvonne's thoughts about When The World Finds Out, by CCAiken.

It took me a long time to decide on my favorite fic but that one I think is it. I think I have read it about 8 times so far and still could go read it again right now.

There are so many others though that I could see as a script though. We have a lot of talent on these boards.
Posted By: woody Re: Great stories - 02/11/07 02:18 PM
Well, Terry, I chose your fics because 1. I think they're great and 2. I think the kind of story (murder) and especially the court scenes in RS would work well on screen.

As for all the others mentioned, they're all great. The only minor problem with some of them is that only a FoLC would be interested in watching, which does make them any worse, just less marketable maybe.

Oh, and City by the Sea would be good too.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards