Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153346 12/11/06 12:02 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I came across a website in the course of my job that I thought might be of use to people whose first language isn't English. I'm putting the topic here because it could be useful for fanfic wink

The site is Dave\'s ESL Cafe . There are lots of links related to learning English as a foreign language, and there's also a discussion forum for students of English to talk to each other.

But perhaps most useful from a writing point of view is the Help Centre , where ESL teachers will answer questions about grammar, word usage, syntax and so on. I had a look at a few of the threads - some of the questions are quite sophisticated, and the answers try to explain the grammatical or usage rule as clearly as possible. The teachers are American, so a couple of times I felt that UK English would give a different answer, but that's no big deal.

Hope some of you find it helpful.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, English isn't my second language, but I do betas for those for whom it is. Awesome. Thanks.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a great site. I've used it from time to time and found my answers.

During my year abroad, this was one of the sites my college recommended. There's also another one, which had great quizzes to help you improve your English. I can't remember it at the moment, but I'll have a look around tonight.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard