Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152180 10/01/06 12:23 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I guess you guys are the same editors for lcfanfic.com

on the "Suicidal despair " post of 1/10/06 (hehe ausie dates not American) the whole second half of the story is litterd with "delete comma/ add comma not full stop" etc.

look at this
"Clark, you don't wanna kill yourself. Please tell me the truth!
I can help you", comma before quotes Lois insisted.
or
"No ambulance, Lois. I didn't drink and those damned pills fell on the bathroom floor. I'm not going to die on you, at least not, delete comma if you let me sleep now. Comma not period" he said almost harshly.
or
"We'll discuss this tomorrow, when I'm capable of it!" he said firmly and drifted away again. He could almost ignore, delete comma what she said next.
and the worst still:
A moment later he was fast asleep and this time he didn't wake up after she touched his shoulder. Lois believed him, that he hadn't taken the pills. So she left him alone, though she was eager to talk to him. These last two sentences, of course, Lois's pov not Clark's, so it's out of place in this scene. I'd suggest moving it down to and placing it immediately after 'She still hadn't really talked to him' and before 'But now she understood...' It should fit in fine there.
hehe... thought it shuould be noted, and didnt know where to say this

Theres more where that came from, you should fix the story up...
otherwise great story

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#152181 10/01/06 01:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for mentioning that.

Hey guys, this is not my fault. I appriciate feedback, but I don't want to get thousands of mails telling me that the story has these mistakes in it.

So please see, I got it. I don't want to bother the poor editors too much. I don't find this embarrassing. I mentioned above the story that English isn't my first language. I did make mistakes and I can live with everyone seeing that.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#152182 10/01/06 02:55 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It happens. It's not a huge deal. Files can be replaced and this one will be, so that the GE edits are removed.

Usually, when this happens it's the odd one or two GE notations that get missed. Give the number still in this one, I think the probable mistake is that I've somehow sent the wrong file to Lauren. The one with all the edits done and GE notes removed is probably sitting on my hd. laugh

Sorry, bakasi. There's no need for you to be embarrassed, I agree. This isn't your mistake and it's a very, very rare story submitted to the Archive that has no GE notations in it. Trust me on that one. wink So you're in extremely good company. smile

I'll get the replacement file to Lauren.

hehe... thought it shuould be noted, and didnt know where to say this
Well, I've moved your post into here from the Fanfic folder, because it's not a fanfic. And if you spot an error on the Archive, you can always mail me, as EIC, at labrat@blueyonder.co.uk. Although there's no reason why you can't do it here on the mbs. Makes no real difference. I guess it might get my attention quicker in an email, since it comes direct to me, and if it's here on the mbs it has to wait till I spot it instead - but that would be the only benefit of email over posting, I figure. I check out the mbs most days anyway, so any time difference is probably negligible.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#152183 10/01/06 06:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd add, Beethoven, that it would have been less embarrassing for the author had you emailed the archive address, which is after all clearly displayed on the site...

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#152184 10/01/06 08:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I read Suicidial Despair when on the board, and these booboo's weren't there. But, yeah, these things happen.

Yes, I agree, Beethoven. In the future, please email the folks at the archive.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#152185 10/01/06 08:42 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
yeah well i didnt intend to be harsh or to give cruel punnishments in exposing an obviously harmless, and innocent mistake...

I was only trying to be helpful and considerate... anyway all the best with your writing, it was a good story...

I always admire people who are so fluent in multiple languages. The language barrier was not the problem this time, nor were the grammatical errors themselves (we all make mistakes which need to be fixed), the point was more that half the story was littered with GE notes...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#152186 10/02/06 06:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I forgot something else - anyone wanting to report an error on the Archive can PM me, here on the mbs, too. smile

Then, I get the added bonus of one of those snazzy little envelopes blinking on my screen. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard