Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, not fanfic exactly. But I recently took an nfic vignette that I wrote back in December 2003 and revised it to submit to a magazine. I kept the basic premise but removed the L&C and Superman aspects. Since the story wasn't a Superman one, but rather was a vignette that was relationship focused, it was easy to make it work for two original characters.

I got a contract in the mail for that story last Monday. It will appear in the February 2007 issue of Bronze Thrills magazine. I subbed to them because they publish the steamier stuff. wink

I also took another relationship focused nfic and re-worked it and submitted about two weeks ago. Now I wait to hear back. Keep your fingers crossed.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well done, Marilyn!

Quite a few of our most talented authors have reworked their LNC stories and had them successfully published. Some of them have even made their longer stories into published novels.

Let's face it, most LNC stories are just perfectly tailored for the romance market. laugh With a few tweaks here and there. wink

So it's definitely worth exploring.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Labby, Could you tell us some of the authors and stories that have been published?
Sue

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yay, Marilyn!

Hope you get good news for the newly-submitted vignette too smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
There are three former fanfic writers I know of who are published in book-length fiction, though I don't think their books are derived from fanfiction.

Debra Mullins writes historical romance fiction for Avon.

Leanne Shawler writes historicals for Zebra and as Celia May Hart she writes erotic romance for Kensington.

And Erin Klingler wrote what's referred to as a traditional or sweet romance for Wind River Publishing based in her home state of Idaho. I read Erin's book and there were a number of places where I could pick out an L&C reference.

Marilyn
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
That's great, Marilyn! Congrats!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well... the story I'm working on at the moment just had a "Lois and Clark" moment. There's a bimbo involved who breaks up an engagement. And when it came time to name her, I tried Tammy and Soozie and Mitzee. But you know what she told me her name was???

Tiffani. With an i. rotflol She does not, however, work in the canine personal care industry.

Marilyn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Heh. I submitted a short story I revised from my fundraiser L&C fic (actually, it might have gone the other way around, too...) as an assignment in my writer's craft class last year. Useful wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard