Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

I had hoped to have another short chapter to post this weekend, however, I've found it impossible to write.

Last week I drove down to the south of England to visit my father-in-law. It was a long drive and I aslo developed a nasty chest cold. Driving for almost 10 hours while feeling ill is not a good idea. frown I was really glad to reach home.

Since then I've been feeling ill, but it's hard for me since I also have to keep caring for John, who I'm sure you know by now is disabled.

Anyway, I did try to write, but found I didn't have the strength or the concentration to sit at the computer for very long.

I am starting to feel better and hope to write some more this weekend for my betareaders to check. I promise to post as soon as I can, but will probably just manage part of a chapter.

I hate to do this to you and I hope you will stick with this story. It really doesn't have to much further to go.

Yours Jenni

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Personally, Jenni, I prefer good quality writing later to lesser quality writing sooner. Take all the time you need to polish these precious gems. I'm all a-twitter wondering how much of Clark's life will come back to him, totally leaving aside the question of Superman returning.

I hope that he can learn to be a Daddy to his kids again, and that he manages to come back to Lois, despite the difficulties they're going to face after being apart for so long. Lois desperately wants him back, and she's never been a co-dependent person, but since she's been a widow for four years, she's developed some survival strategies which will have to change now that her man is back in her life. It's totally different being married to a person who's not living under the same roof as you (I have personal experience with this). She's going to have as many adjustments to make as Clark will.

I wonder if you'll ever let us know which of Clark's fingers got amputated. Index finger right hand, pinky left hand, which? I'm just glad they didn't take one of his thumbs. That really would have been bad.

I hope your cold leaves soon. They're no fun when you're trying to think and plan. And I hope your muse doesn't take an unplanned vacation any time soon. This is an excellent story and you're presenting it with the perfect mix of gentleness and tension. I applaud your skill and the execution of this premise. Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Get well soon and write some more. hyper
hyper
hyper hyper

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ditto everything Terry said, Jenni. And take care of yourself.

I, too, wonder which finger Clark lost. I hope it wasn't his left ring finger. That would have been ominously symbolic. On the other hand, such a small detail wouldn't stand in the way of Lois and Clark's love.

What Terry said about the adjustments that Lois will have to make after Clark's return was very interesting, too.

You know we are very much looking forward to the rest of this, but there is no undue hurry to finish it, Jenni.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I hope you feel better soon! I´ll be patiently (for once! laugh ) waiting for your next chapter.

Top Banana
Top Banana
{{{Jenni}}} Feel better soon. smile

Yvonne

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard