Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149549 01/29/06 06:54 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I know the archive can be searched by title or by author. Is there any place where it is sorted by season or by episode(s) that it is based on?

Cheryl

#149550 01/29/06 07:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not at the moment, Cheryl. We've had an ongoing project for some years now, where we're slowly working our way to getting a comprehensive search engine up and running that will enable readers to search based on all kinds of criteria, including episodes, seasons, themes and so on. But it won't be in place any time soon. We've been stymied by technical considerations of late. frown We were actually making good progress, but then our web expert had to bail on us and the project stalled again.

So until we finally get there, the best thing to do is probably post in Fanfic Related for recommendations for stories in the season or episode related theme you're interested in and I'm sure the FoLCs will be able to round you up some interesting reading.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#149551 01/29/06 07:28 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ditto to what LabRat said. FoLCs make a great search engine when you're looking for something, especially fanfic. goofy

Another idea would be to use the google search function on the archive using the episode names or acronyms as keywords. For example, type in "TOGOM" or "That Old Gang of Mine" and I guarantee you'll get more TOGOM adaptations than you can handle. goofy

Many authors will mention episode names, or even seasons in their forewards if the story falls within (or breaks directly from) the continuity of the show or an episode. It's not ideal, but it will yield results.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#149552 01/29/06 11:31 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was actually working on a personal list of stories sorted by episode--got halfway through the alphabet using just authors I was more familiar with, but then real life took over . . . If I ever finish it, though (and add all the authors in the archive in), I'd be glad to make it available to everyone who wants it.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard