Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
Features Writer
Not that this has anything to do with anything but I just thought I'd mention that babies are no longer moved into fwd facing car seats until they are 20lbs AND 1 year old.
Yes, I don't think this was the rule at the time, but believe me, I was nervous about moving him at such a young age to the front-facing seat...but his paediatrician told me to. I would guess that he weighed about 30 lbs at a year old, so he would have been totally overflowing that rear-facing seat.

I'm glad that they continuously review and revise these types of safety standards. My mother has said that when I was little, they had to PAY EXTRA to have seat belts installed in the back seat of their new car, because they were considered optional equipment...

Kathy M

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Well, obviously we have no idea how old the baby who played baby Clark was
It's not obvious. The info could be out there somewhere. I know how old the twin baby actors from the second-to-last ep of ENT were when it was filmed.

I wanted an opinion, because if a date wasn't given (and one was, I think with Clark being assigned a birthdate about three months before) I'd try to guess by the baby's age.

I know kids are different sizes. My cousin was 10 and a half pounds when she was born. I think I was about 17 pounds when I was two.

Features Writer
Features Writer
It's not obvious. The info could be out there somewhere.
I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more clear.

As far as I know, no one has shared, with members of this fandom, the identity of the baby actor who played baby Clark in that first Tempus episode. Certainly there are people who would have that knowledge - the parents, the agent(?), the baby himself - and there may indeed be *fans* who know, but I've never seen the information posted, nor has anyone divulged to us the age of the unknown baby at the time.

I know kids are different sizes. My cousin was 10 and a half pounds when she was born. I think I was about 17 pounds when I was two.
Exactly my point, so you can see why it can be difficult to look at a baby - the one in that episode or any other - and try to guess the age based on size. You need other behavioral clues. And I've never been very good at that anyway, even when my own son was little and I was around a number of infants...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I just don't like being told "well, obviously we don't know" in regards to a question I asked, when it is entirely reasonable (IMO) that someone might know - trivia like that turns up in fandoms all the time. It didn't seem like a stupid question to me, based on prior experiences in other fandoms.

While I know babies of the same age may vary widely in size, I was asking "what age does this child look to you" based on average baby sizes. Not "what age could the babies be" but "what ages are most likely." My "wonder if" question was not a real question but an idle observation that the child looked bigger to me, based on my admittidly extremely limited knowledge of babies. It was more an idle "I wonder how far off I am in judging these things"

I did not doubt anyone anyone's response. I was, I admit, hoping for something closer than a three month range on the other baby, just because I like to put labels on things (baby Clark doesn't matter since an on-screen estimate of the age was given - thanks for that bit info, BTW)

I suppose the more correct question would have been "how old do you think they were intended to be?"

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tzigone, when I thought about it for a story I was considering, I set the age of the baby in "Family Hour" at 12 weeks. I didn't see anything in his behavior or size that would contradict that, and it was useful for my story line, so I picked that age: 3 months old, give or take a week, although I think 4 months old could also be likely. To me, both 2 months and 5 months seemed too far out of the norm, so I'm definitely inclined to go with 3-4 months.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Blogger
Blogger
Does anyone know the average birth weight of the babies born to women who show late in their pregnancies?

TLAT smile

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Tzigone, when I thought about it for a story I was considering, I set the age of the baby in "Family Hour" at 12 weeks. I didn't see anything in his behavior or size that would contradict that, and it was useful for my story line, so I picked that age: 3 months old, give or take a week, although I think 4 months old could also be likely. To me, both 2 months and 5 months seemed too far out of the norm, so I'm definitely inclined to go with 3-4 months.
Thanks. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do anything with this yet, but I like being able to put a closer number on it. Now I just have to look up what a three or fourth old is like developmentally.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Take it from a former maternity nurse, when a woman begins to show has very little to do with a baby's birth weight, unless there is something wrong. Usually it simply has to do with how the baby is carried. My first baby didn't even start to show until I was around 5 months, and he was a solid 7 pounds.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Blogger
Blogger
Thanks Nan. I think this will help a lot.

TLAT

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard