Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Some of you might have heard of NaNoWriMo . Well, some of us who talked about possibly joining in felt put off by the fact that we have hard drives full of unfinished WIPs and the thought of starting yet another piece of work - fanfic, novel, whatever - only to grind to a halt with that one too left us wanting to tear our hair. wink

So a suggestion has been made - and I credit Pam with the title - of organising a NaFinWipsMo. In other words, National Finishing WIPs Month. This is your chance to dust off one of those unfinished documents on your hard drive and make a serious effort to complete it.

Want to join in? Post below. Feel free to update from time to time. And feel enthused by the fact that lots of us are trying to do it at the same time.

Now, I have at least half a dozen long WIPs I'd love to finish. I'll have to save the rest for another time, but for this month here is my commitment:

Unfinished WIP: 24 Hours. Currently standing at around 41,000 words and 109 full pages. I think I'm around halfway through it, which could mean anything from another 30,000 words to another 50,000.

One way or another, I intend to have it finished by the end of November. And there's another advantage to that - I can get it to the Archive before the December cut-off point. wink

And I hereby commit to the above. goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yes! Come on and join us, guys! It'll be fun goofy

My effort: Hearts United (the sequel to Hearts Divided, yes), which as of tonight stood at 25,550 words. I don't think it'll take me more than 25,000 more -- but then you know how stories grow in the telling. It took me over a year to get the first 25,000 -- I want to see if I can't get the next 25,000 within a month.

All encouragement and fed-ex deliveries of chocolate will be much appreciated wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I do hereby, despite all the voices screaming in my head, commit myself to the termination of Trick or Treat: A Halloween Dilemna.

In as much as said fic deals with a holiday already passed, this endeavour is both necessary and insane.

Signed,
cat

**~~**

Swoosh --->
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
smile1 I'm in, too!!

I'm determined to finish this fic by the end of the year. Not sure I can finish it all this month, but I'm going to try like heck!

Away From the Sun status: 51,119 words

I'd say it's about 2/3rds finished... maybe... could be half... In other words, I have no clue how long it's going to be. Could be 25 parts. Could be 53. goofy

Sara (who wishes she didn't have so much homework...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, I'm glad you posted this invitation. I was interested in the NaNoWriMo, but I have a fanfic I've committed to completing by Nov. 30, and it didn't make any sense to start something new. I'm about 1/4 the way through my fundraiser fic--just under 7000 words--and it'll probably be around 30,000 words when it's done, so I've got about 23,000 words to go. Wow, that's almost half of the NaNoWriMo goal!

Okay, that works out to about 770 words per day, or a little less than two pages. So I'm committing to finishing this WIP by the end of November.

(/me chants, "I can do this. I can do this," and tries not to think of the grading piling up.)

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm... does polishing a completed fic (possibly including major rewriting of some scenes) count?

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
The way this month is shaping up there's just no way frown But good luck to all of you who are working!

Kaylle
(if by some miracle I finish a fundraiser story, it will be a short one wink )

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations to everyone who's signed up so far! We can do this. We can do this... wildguy

Day One: 2208 words. Five and a half pages. It's progress. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Does an outline count? wink

'Cause I've spend several almost full days, usually the odd lazy Saturday or Sunday, in the last month working on the outline for Haven. I am determined to finish it in the next few months and I was seriously considering doing a "book in a week" once I got the outline where I wanted it.

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Anything counts, as long as it's progress towards getting an incomplete story finished! And that goes for you too, Anna. smile

So sign up - the more the merrier! We can all nag each other. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Well, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've started two stories (Uncovering Utopia, and You're Looking evil: ).

I will write everyday... :
I will write everyday...
I will write everyday...

gerry

Columnist
Columnist
*deep breath*

Okay, I'll bite. I'm committing to finish the sequal to an Alt-Clark story that's currently in the BRing stage. I've got the entire outline and about 5 pages of the first part, but I haven't written anything in about three months. With the holidays coming up I should have some time off from work and school to get serious about finishing.

Feel free to nag me any time. smile

~Anna

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feel free to nag me any time.
NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag... goofy

Wendy smile (getting nagged a lot on IRC and getting a lot of writing done as a result. laugh )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I had a bit of a slow start: 270 words the first day and 500 words the second, so at the end of two days, I've met my first day's writing goal of 770 words. <sigh> That's okay. The fact that I actually wrote the equivalent of 1 manuscript page on the 1st and 2 manuscript pages on the 2nd is tons more writing than I've been doing. I'm building up a head of steam--working my way up to the goal of 3 manuscript pages per day. Hopefully, I'll reach that today. smile I just need to get my grading done so I can get going on the writing.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
There are only three unfinished manuscripts on my hard drive right now, and I'm hard at work on one right now -- that's the one for the fundraiser. Maybe I should join this afterwards, or not. Not sure what to do here. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, since the aim is to finish any unfinished manuscript, Nan, I don't see why you can't join in now: the fundraiser fic is a good place to start! And if you think it'll be finished too soon, just say that you aim to finish two. smile

And, Sheila, the fact that you're making progress at all is good. thumbsup Especially as it's more than you've been doing recently - you deserve a pat on the back for that!

Wendy smile (who did really well the first couple of days but has yet to start today)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, if it's finished too soon that will be all to the good. I hate deadlines ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay... /me takes a deep breath... So:

The Walls Between Us: A finished, BRed, posted story I'm not happy with. I commit myself to having it ready by the end of this month. (November is one of the worst months for high-school students, but anyway... I could use the nagging. I've been procrastinating on this for too long.)

First step will be... umm... joining all the parts I have in one file. /me ducks tomatoes. Hey, it's a start, right? Besides, if you saw my TWBU folder, you'd agree it's a complete mess.

/me sighs "I can do this" and is off to study Advanced Physics.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You can do this, Anna! And way to go, Sheila! It may not seem impressive but it's a huge improvement on nothing <g>

Today, I wrote 1263 words. Yay, me!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
grumble I must be crazy....

smile but I think writing is what I need right now...

I devote myself to "untitled fic" so far it's 11,622 words and I don't know how much more it will be till I am finished....

However, I will finally finish it! smile wink

:mumbles: peer presure :mumbles: grumble

~Lois Lane Wanna Be laugh

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.