Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Some of you might have heard of NaNoWriMo . Well, some of us who talked about possibly joining in felt put off by the fact that we have hard drives full of unfinished WIPs and the thought of starting yet another piece of work - fanfic, novel, whatever - only to grind to a halt with that one too left us wanting to tear our hair. wink

So a suggestion has been made - and I credit Pam with the title - of organising a NaFinWipsMo. In other words, National Finishing WIPs Month. This is your chance to dust off one of those unfinished documents on your hard drive and make a serious effort to complete it.

Want to join in? Post below. Feel free to update from time to time. And feel enthused by the fact that lots of us are trying to do it at the same time.

Now, I have at least half a dozen long WIPs I'd love to finish. I'll have to save the rest for another time, but for this month here is my commitment:

Unfinished WIP: 24 Hours. Currently standing at around 41,000 words and 109 full pages. I think I'm around halfway through it, which could mean anything from another 30,000 words to another 50,000.

One way or another, I intend to have it finished by the end of November. And there's another advantage to that - I can get it to the Archive before the December cut-off point. wink

And I hereby commit to the above. goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yes! Come on and join us, guys! It'll be fun goofy

My effort: Hearts United (the sequel to Hearts Divided, yes), which as of tonight stood at 25,550 words. I don't think it'll take me more than 25,000 more -- but then you know how stories grow in the telling. It took me over a year to get the first 25,000 -- I want to see if I can't get the next 25,000 within a month.

All encouragement and fed-ex deliveries of chocolate will be much appreciated wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I do hereby, despite all the voices screaming in my head, commit myself to the termination of Trick or Treat: A Halloween Dilemna.

In as much as said fic deals with a holiday already passed, this endeavour is both necessary and insane.

Signed,
cat

**~~**

Swoosh --->
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
smile1 I'm in, too!!

I'm determined to finish this fic by the end of the year. Not sure I can finish it all this month, but I'm going to try like heck!

Away From the Sun status: 51,119 words

I'd say it's about 2/3rds finished... maybe... could be half... In other words, I have no clue how long it's going to be. Could be 25 parts. Could be 53. goofy

Sara (who wishes she didn't have so much homework...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, I'm glad you posted this invitation. I was interested in the NaNoWriMo, but I have a fanfic I've committed to completing by Nov. 30, and it didn't make any sense to start something new. I'm about 1/4 the way through my fundraiser fic--just under 7000 words--and it'll probably be around 30,000 words when it's done, so I've got about 23,000 words to go. Wow, that's almost half of the NaNoWriMo goal!

Okay, that works out to about 770 words per day, or a little less than two pages. So I'm committing to finishing this WIP by the end of November.

(/me chants, "I can do this. I can do this," and tries not to think of the grading piling up.)

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm... does polishing a completed fic (possibly including major rewriting of some scenes) count?

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
The way this month is shaping up there's just no way frown But good luck to all of you who are working!

Kaylle
(if by some miracle I finish a fundraiser story, it will be a short one wink )

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations to everyone who's signed up so far! We can do this. We can do this... wildguy

Day One: 2208 words. Five and a half pages. It's progress. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Does an outline count? wink

'Cause I've spend several almost full days, usually the odd lazy Saturday or Sunday, in the last month working on the outline for Haven. I am determined to finish it in the next few months and I was seriously considering doing a "book in a week" once I got the outline where I wanted it.

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Anything counts, as long as it's progress towards getting an incomplete story finished! And that goes for you too, Anna. smile

So sign up - the more the merrier! We can all nag each other. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Well, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've started two stories (Uncovering Utopia, and You're Looking evil: ).

I will write everyday... :
I will write everyday...
I will write everyday...

gerry

Columnist
Columnist
*deep breath*

Okay, I'll bite. I'm committing to finish the sequal to an Alt-Clark story that's currently in the BRing stage. I've got the entire outline and about 5 pages of the first part, but I haven't written anything in about three months. With the holidays coming up I should have some time off from work and school to get serious about finishing.

Feel free to nag me any time. smile

~Anna

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feel free to nag me any time.
NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag NagNag... goofy

Wendy smile (getting nagged a lot on IRC and getting a lot of writing done as a result. laugh )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I had a bit of a slow start: 270 words the first day and 500 words the second, so at the end of two days, I've met my first day's writing goal of 770 words. <sigh> That's okay. The fact that I actually wrote the equivalent of 1 manuscript page on the 1st and 2 manuscript pages on the 2nd is tons more writing than I've been doing. I'm building up a head of steam--working my way up to the goal of 3 manuscript pages per day. Hopefully, I'll reach that today. smile I just need to get my grading done so I can get going on the writing.

Sheila Harper

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
There are only three unfinished manuscripts on my hard drive right now, and I'm hard at work on one right now -- that's the one for the fundraiser. Maybe I should join this afterwards, or not. Not sure what to do here. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, since the aim is to finish any unfinished manuscript, Nan, I don't see why you can't join in now: the fundraiser fic is a good place to start! And if you think it'll be finished too soon, just say that you aim to finish two. smile

And, Sheila, the fact that you're making progress at all is good. thumbsup Especially as it's more than you've been doing recently - you deserve a pat on the back for that!

Wendy smile (who did really well the first couple of days but has yet to start today)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, if it's finished too soon that will be all to the good. I hate deadlines ...

Nan

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay... /me takes a deep breath... So:

The Walls Between Us: A finished, BRed, posted story I'm not happy with. I commit myself to having it ready by the end of this month. (November is one of the worst months for high-school students, but anyway... I could use the nagging. I've been procrastinating on this for too long.)

First step will be... umm... joining all the parts I have in one file. /me ducks tomatoes. Hey, it's a start, right? Besides, if you saw my TWBU folder, you'd agree it's a complete mess.

/me sighs "I can do this" and is off to study Advanced Physics.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You can do this, Anna! And way to go, Sheila! It may not seem impressive but it's a huge improvement on nothing <g>

Today, I wrote 1263 words. Yay, me!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
grumble I must be crazy....

smile but I think writing is what I need right now...

I devote myself to "untitled fic" so far it's 11,622 words and I don't know how much more it will be till I am finished....

However, I will finally finish it! smile wink

:mumbles: peer presure :mumbles: grumble

~Lois Lane Wanna Be laugh

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
All right. I'll bite. laugh

I want to finish a story for the fundraiser, finish a certain ASU rewrite by the end of November and have at least the first scene of a certain other story done.

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

Keep it, you guys. smile

c

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations and welcome to everyone else who's signed up! And don't forget to keep us informed of progress. smile

Thanks for the encouragement, Carol - nags are very definitely welcome here! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Progress... Oh, yeah. blush

All right, keep in mind I've got *gads* of homework I'm doing at the same time...

Away From the Sun Progress:

Tuesday: 20 words
Wednesday: 14 words
Thursday: 1010 words goofy

Sara (who stayed up way too late last night, but owes her muse *lots* of chocolate laugh )

Oh! And PS - NAG wildguy NAG wildguy NAG wildguy to the rest of ya! wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Accountability is the name of this game. When I've participated in BIAW (Book in a Week) contests, we had to log on and give our page count (we were all typing manuscript pages, so it was easy to track) each day to stay in the program. Having to log on and admit that I didn't write shames me into writing each day, even if I don't reach my goal.

Thursday, I only wrote about 30 words, but last night I got my 770 done in one sitting. Okay, it was still only about one day's writing in two days, but I did one day's worth in a single day. Now I know I can put in a full day at work and still write three pages at home. But the other thing I learned is that I can't do it at my laptop, which is in the living room with my husband, the TV, and the Internet connection. I'm too easily distracted. hyper

So I'm off to finish my grading and class preps for this coming week. When I'm done, I'll get started on my WIP. Since it's the weekend, maybe I can write more than my daily quota. laugh

Sheila Harper

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Good luck, Sheila!!! smile1

Wendy, Dave, LLWB, Pam, AnnaBtG, Nan, Bananna, Gerry, Beverly, Capes... smile1 razz )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ROFL! Oh, this is so much fun - in another word, it's actually feel-free-to-nag-every-single-author-you-adore-month, and *not* feel guilty about it. Is this Christmas? Wohoo!!

Good luck to you all!! smile

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Sheila! And everyone else too! goofy

Me: nothing today, because I've been out all day. But in the time since NaFinWipsMo started, my progress is as follows:

00:00 hours 1 November:
41,000 words approximately and 109 pages.

22:56 5 November:
49,849 words and 133 pages.

I do have some editing to do next - thank you, Jill, my amazing medical expert! notworthy - but once that's done I'll be making good progress again.

Keep up the good work, everyone! And, Pel, the nags are greatly appreciated. laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I haven't written anything today because I've been running around taking care of everything I haven't been able to do all week. However, I hope to make up for that tomorrow.

Nan

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Yay, there'll be a lot more fics to read. goofy

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, all right. I'll sign up for this. <Gibber, gibber, what on earth am I thinking of? Am I out of my little mind?>

I'm trying to write my fundraiser story, but I have a very low word count at present. This wouldn't be a bad thing, except the story won't let me know how long it wants to be. It was supposed to be reasonable short, but new scenes keep demanding to be written, and not in any useful kind of order, either.

So, as much to give you a laugh as anything else, here are my word counts as of the end of each day:

1 Nov: 1595
2 Nov: 2253
3 Nov: 2830
4 Nov: 2830 (I was out all day -- work stuff)
5 Nov: 2911 (Again, I was out -- fun stuff, this time. Huge amounts of fun, in fact, with two seperate events on one day. All day meeting relating to non Lois and Clark activities, followed by bonfire night shenanigans down by the loch. Now I know what a Big Event looks like in a very small town. wink )

Actually, the current state of affairs may not be quite so dire as this suggests. I do have some hand-written prose just waiting to be typed up, so that might nudge me over the 3000 word mark. wink

I might have some spare time today, though next week is shaping up to be busy.

Chris

P.S. In case anyone is interested, the story is called Life In Sepia.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Chris is writing something for the FR too?

Okay, that's it.

I'm making a donation *NOW*. wink

Dave (who actually has to get his hands on a credit card first, but considers that a minor setback).

Edit: Thought I should throw in an update...

As of November 1st, An Affair To Remember sat at 6 366 words.

After deleting 814 words and rewriting the last scene, it stands at 6 555, with about 800 words I can recycle later on. <g>

Haven't started the certain other story and the FR story still looks dismal, but... I *am* in the middle of my exam period. grumble

Hopefully it'll pick up once my exams end. smile

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I've got to get my fundraiser story written as well, and so seeing as it's currently only about halfway complete, this very well may be just the thing I need. Finished WIP by the end of the month, that's the goal, right?

All right, guys, the file's open... I'm going back to work! Good luck to all those who are participating, and thanks, Wendy, for extending the invite!

Tracey smile (feeling motivated! <g>)

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations to everyone else who's signed up lately! I hope we all get our WIPs finished. smile

Well, I got nothing at all written over the weekend. We were out both days and busy otherwise. Today, though, was better. Even though I had to do some editing - Jill corrected some of the medical stuff wink - the plot's been advanced to an important point and I think I can say I'm about 2/3 finished now.

Words written today: 2596
Pages written today: 6 or so, though hard to say given I added in stuff earlier
Total word count now: 52446

Total written since NaFinWipsMo started: around 11000 words. I can't be exact since that 41000 I cited at the start wasn't precise as I was allowing for notes - but 11000 in a week sounds pretty darned good to me! smile1 Thanks to everyone who joined in with this - knowing there are lots of us doing it is really helping. smile A special thanks to Pam - our 'writing duels' on IRC have done a lot to keep me focused when part of me would be very happy surfing the net or playing stupid games instead of writing. razz

Well done everyone else, too - keep it up!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Forgot to log in before bed last night...

I'm taking Sundays off. smile

Monday's word count: 977 (two words over my goal, woo-hoo! goofy )
Total new words for the month: 7,172
Total words: 32,722

I've got eleven parts out of, I dunno, fifteen? Hard to predict but I'm getting the big plot problem resolved Real Soon Now, so then it's just wrap-up. It's just that there's a lot to wrap up... I'm starting to think about posting this story. eek

And I snagged a beta-reader, which is pretty good -- seems all my usual betas are off writing novels or some such thing wink

Wendy, you're welcome; it's definitely been motivating for me, too. And the whole story is, well, not exactly inspired *by* you, but inspired by a conversation *with* you, in Annette's kitchen, so I figure I owe you one.

Anybody who wants should join us on #loisclark in the evenings -- all word counts are applauded; even if you only manage 12 for the day, goofy it's 12 more than nothing!

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I may have to bow out. I managed to write about 2,000 words (approx.) and get ahead on my fic, but then RL kicked me square in the face and the muse just left the building.

I don't know when I'll get back to my story.

gerry frown

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry to hear that, Gerry! We were thinking of trying this again in the spring, though (April?), so you may yet get your chance. smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This thing doesn't seem to work for me. I've only managed to go over parts 1-4 so far frown I think I'm inwardly procrastinating because I don't really know what I want to do with this story. I've been considering abandoning it, Archiving it as it is, re-writing it, deleting all the parts that are giving me a hard time, splitting it in two seperate stories... and I still can't make up my mind about it. Argh.

On the bright side... I'm done polishing the first 18 pages! goofy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I ended up writing a short waffy story instead of finish my other one blush

This one will be on the boards the day after Thanksgiving (25th) so keep your eyes open!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anna, progress is progress, even if it's not as much as you'd hoped for! So well done, you! (And I know what you mean; massive edits are very discouraging -- I've tried it several times and almost always end up by giving up) (Oops, I'm supposed to be *encouraging* here. Sorry! goofy )

And while this may technically be a month for finishing WIPs, believe me, we won't object to new WAFFy stories laugh

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This thing doesn't seem to work for me. I've only managed to go over parts 1-4 so far [Frown] I think I'm inwardly procrastinating because I don't really know what I want to do with this story. I've been considering abandoning it, Archiving it as it is, re-writing it, deleting all the parts that are giving me a hard time, splitting it in two seperate stories... and I still can't make up my mind about it. Argh.
Anna, is there someone you can send the story to and ask for their thoughts? Sometimes, a fresh eye can work wonders. I've finally settled on two short stories from my WIPs for the Fundraiser, after giving up on trying to decide what to do and running them both past one of my betas.

On the second, I had two scenes I'd written to start off with ages ago, but no idea where to go next. My beta came up with the most wonderful ending I'd never have considered, which instantly brought the whole story to life for me, had the Muse sitting bolt upright, ears twitching, with a "Aha!" wink , and I now have very good hopes of finishing it.

It's worth a try - see if it works for you, too. If not, you've not lost anything. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Thanks for the idea, Labby smile I might do that, after I finish polishing the 'good' part of the story.

Also, while I'm here -- what I love about this thread is that we can all discuss our writing progress, complain about lack of time or writer's block... Fanfic is a big part of my life, and I like sharing how I'm doing with it with my fellow fanfic writers - and listening to them sharing how they're doing smile So thanks, Wendy and whoever else is behind this idea!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This will teach me not to count my chickens before they hatch (or my words before they appear on the screen wink ). On Saturday, I only got 300 words written, Sunday was a pitiful 100, Monday was 280, and Tuesday was 180--for a total of 860 words, or just over one day's target. Writer's block is not a pretty thing. :p

OTOH, I wrote 776 words last night, and I only have a few more pages to go before I'm done with the first act. I just need to use my time better--grab those 10 minute bits and write during them instead of waiting for a one hour stretch. And next time I stall out on a scene, I'll just write detailed notes about what has to happen, so the pressure to make the dialog right doesn't increase the writer's block.

I'm glad to see so many other people writing. Maybe we'll all have completed stories to show by the end of the month.

Sheila Harper

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Sheila! See, you're making progress. thumbsup

We all have good days and bad days - I've been reporting some counts of 2000 words and above, but yesterday I didn't even make it to 1000. I know that Pam and Sara have been fluctuating just as much. As Anna said, all the cheerleading, nagging and general sharing of experiences here really does help - as does the nagging and duelling on IRC. wink

Gerry, I'm sorry that RL is giving you problems and hope it's nothing too serious. As Pam said, we'll definitely do this again some time - and you don't have to wait for her or me to start it. Anyone who wants nagging and support to finish a WIP can start a FinWipsMo any time you like, and there'll always be people eager to jump on the bandwagon. smile

Keep up the good work, everyone who's still in, and let us know how you're doing!

And... three cheers for all of us! party

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, two days ago, I got 1387 words written, well above my target of 975. Yesterday, I had a grand total of 244 words. razz Today, so far, I'm up to 497, so I hope to get to my target before bedtime... but we'll see.

Hey, did y'all know, in Word you can put a word counter on a tool bar? I just discovered it today and think it's really really cool laugh Plus it's easier than clicking on File/Properties/Statistics all the time wink

PJ
(why yes, I am a geek -- why do you ask?)

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
So funny you mention that, Pam. I was just thinking about doing that last night... and didn't get around to it. :rolleyes: Good to know I can now. laugh

(why yes, I am a geek -- why do you ask?)
Geek? Naah. A geek would be someone who creates Word macros just for the easy conversion of archive stories to normal Word format. Or, perhaps, creating a Word template for the sole purpose of feedbacking (three pages full of [ quote] [ /quote] goofy ). Not that I know anyone like that...

Anyway, I'm here to update my daily counts:

Nov 1: 20
Nov 2: 14
Nov 3: 1010
Nov 4: 1388
Nov 5: 263
Nov 6: 201
Nov 7: 736
Nov 8: 221
Nov 9: 617

Total: 4535 or 4470 or... dang... this is why I'm majoring in English, not math. blush

I did some editing in there... maybe I forgot to count those. laugh Anyway, I'm up from 51,119 to 55,654 total words. smile

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!! goofy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Geek? Naah.
Whew!

A geek would be someone who creates Word macros just for the easy conversion of archive stories to normal Word format.
Err, well, I do have one of those... it's on my toolbar, for easy access wink

Or, perhaps, creating a Word template for the sole purpose of feedbacking (three pages full of [ quote] [ /quote] ).
lol, really? I haven't done that, but maybe I should!

No, a geek is someone who creates an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of her scene order, and gets all excited over little comment boxes attached to individual cells, and has a page devoted to analyzing word counts... not that I know anyone like that wink

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
No, a geek is someone who creates an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of her scene order, and gets all excited over little comment boxes attached to individual cells, and has a page devoted to analyzing word counts... not that I know anyone like that [Wink]
LOL! That sounds a bit more like geek material. wink

Sara (who managed to find some time to tweak things today, which added 31 words goofy )

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, although I'm still not officially signed up to this - because I have a high expectation of failure goofy - I just want to record that I've just gotten out of bed to get down two whole new pages of my story, which hit me just as I was drifting off to sleep.

I've no idea how many words that is, but it's a dang sight more than I've written in a while. wink

What's more - heavens to Betsy - I actually like them. eek

LabRat smile (who hates her Muse for not coming up with these things at a reasonable hour. :rolleyes: )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
My muse tends to "bother" me when I'm in the shower. wink

One of these days I'm tempted to buy a dry-erase board and put it up in there. goofy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Catching up here... on Thursday I had a very productive day, and for the first time wrote over 2,000 words! smile Okay, it was only 26 words over 2,000, but still wink

Yesterday, not so much. I ended up with 652; mostly I was working on one kinda tricky bad-guy scene. When I get back to L&K, I'll do better. I hope laugh

Wish me luck, btw; my kids go to year-round school and as of yesterday they're on break. They don't go back to school until the first Monday in December, so they'll be underfoot, interrupting my concentration, wanting to take over my computer... although there have been times, in the past, when I've actually written more when they're home, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Overall, I've written 11,481 words in November, with a daily average of 1,004, so I'm still ahead of my goal smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I struggled for two days to write three paragraphs, and then this morning I had a breakthrough and wrote six pages! Finally, I'm on the home stretch for my fundraiser story.

Nan

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just wanted to say that although I'm not participating in this challenge, I am writing. And I am very much enjoying following everyone else's progress. Keep up the good work.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Um, Pam?

Plus it's easier than clicking on File/Properties/Statistics all the time
Tools, Word Count...

Unless you've got a different version of Word to me (Word 2000) and Microsoft have shifted it somewhere else - which is quite likely. wink

Yvonne

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, as soon as I hear from my beta-readers, it goes to LabRat for editing. I'm *done*!

This masterpiece comes in at 215K, so I think I made pretty good time in spite of a small case of writer's block right in the middle of it.

Nan

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yay, Nan!!!! party

Everyone else keep up the great work!!

I'll try to come back later and post my latest progress. laugh

Sara

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Although I haven't signed up for this challenge either, I've written six pages between two fics and posted a section for the first time in *ahem* months on Friday.

When I finally found my word counter, I was able to write 211 words in about an hour. So starting Monday, I'll be keeping track of my word count. I think even if you're not participating offically in the challenge, it helps to push writers along!!

Missy [Linked Image]

Merriwether
Merriwether
Great job guys!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Way to go everyone! smile

Congrats to our early finishers. <g>

Okay, update on AATR:

Previously - 6555 words.

Currently - 7105 words.

And, I still have my 800 I can recycle.

I'd hoped to get more written after my exams, but I've actually been busier since I finished. Definately not complaining. <g>

Dave

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I'm late, but I sign up too. I try to finish my second fanfic. I came with the idea some weeks ago, but I just began to write it ten days ago. And after ten days making no progress at all, I have finished today my first part.

I am at 1566 words.

I will try my best to write half of my story before the end of the month. That means I'll try for 6 whole parts (since my story will count 13 parts)

And then, I'll chase down all the tipoes and grammar problems I can see before starting to post it.

I will tell you my progress regularly. I hope that will help me to progress quicker.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
It was raining off and on and I had nothing else to do for most of today, so...

Previous word count: 7105

Current word count: 8108

Which means I wrote 1003 words today. My record. smile

Dave

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Nan! Well done!

David, Missy and everyone else who's joined us recently - welcome and successful writing! smile1

I'm doing pretty well still. Apart from one or two days when I don't get a chance to write, I've been managing about 2000 words a day. That's about five or six pages, depending on density of text.

And the success of NaFinWipsMo is this:
When I started, I had about 41,000 words and something like 100 pages. Now I have:

Total words in file: 65792

Total pages written: 178

Total words for November: around 25000

Story remaining to write: I'm in the final stretches and think it won't be much more than 20-30 pages.

So thank you, everyone, for the group effort and the nagging - it really does work. laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, this has been very helpful to me! I've consistently written less than Wendy per day... but hey, there's nothing new about that! goofy

I started this with just over 25,000 words. I now have nearly 39,000! I'm pretty impressed with myself, considering this thing was started *last* September and sat untouched for months at a time...

Keep on writing, everybody! You may or may not meet your goal, but you've made progress! 40 words is better than 0 smile

PJ
who's written a grand total of 93 words so far today... but with any luck will do better later...

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, I keep telling myself that any writing is better than none. I don't know what's been happening to my weekends, but this is the second one that was a total wash:
Friday--16 words
Saturday--100 words
Sunday--568 words
Monday--640 words.

I was sort of disappointed that I was only hitting about 600 words each of the past 2 days instead of 770, but maintaining that rate would still be better than what I've been doing any other time this month. Besides, I finally finished Act 1, which puts me about 1/3 the way through ... and halfway through the month. Well, I'll keep trying. Without the push of NaFinWipsMo, I wouldn't be this close.

I started the month with 5768 words that had taken me the entire month of October to write, and in the two weeks since November 1, I've written another 4563 words, so this is working much, much better. I've got to get in the habit of leaving a little note that says [fix this later] instead of struggling with individual scenes, conversations, etc.

/me chants: Get the story down, get the story down. Edit later!

Sheila Harper

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
previous word count: 1566

actual word count: 2130

so I wrote 564 words today.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here's the good news. I'm about to make all you guys look really, really good.

Here's the bad news. My word count hasn't gone up in days. Okay, so I have some handwritten notes that will help up the number of words when I can find the time to put them on the computer, but... Here's what my last week looked like:

Tuesday: work during the day. Evening spent travelling. Night in a hotel that, quite frankly, verged on being sleazy. The owners had nailed down everything that they possibly could, no free biscuits with the complimentary tea / coffee, a choice of films that raised the eyebrows... Don't get me started on the bedspreads...! And this was the fairly expensive hotel my employers had arranged for me to stay in! At least there was a sturdy chain on the bedroom door.

Wednesday: up very early. More travel. Day long meeting, which was both useful and interesting. Wednesday afternoon / evening. More travel. Meeting with friends. smile smile

Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Great fun with said friends. We did a lot. Had a lot of fun. But writing wasn't very high on my agenda.

Sunday: Travel. Made notes for the story on a train. Then two and three-quarter hours on the bus. I can't write on buses. I can barely *read* on buses! That's okay, though, because the scenery is too beautiful to ignore, anyway. Got home, by which time it was almost dark. (Not that that means a lot. It gets dark pretty early here.) Had to cram my weekend chores into one evening.

Monday: Work. Then useful stuff that had to be done in the evening.

Tuesday: Work. Unscheduled nap in the evening. Now off to bed.

What makes matters worse is that I'm likely to be on holiday later this month, so I'm not sure how practical it will be to write anything then.

Oh, well. Now everyone else looks really good. Maybe that's my role in this -- to 'come last' and make everyone else shine in comparison! wink

Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're still looking better than me, Chris. razz And I don't even have the excuse of a hectic social life or job. laugh

Am determined to have it done by the weekend though. Am bolstered by the fact that since it's such a simple story, it should NOT be that difficult to write.

Course, that's never stopped Lois and Clark dashing off at a tangent and producing a whole new A plot or sudden bad guys before without asking permission, so....

:rolleyes:

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I know all about that. A story that was meant to go one way suddenly assumed a life of its own, but fortunately, my original character, Mortie, was able to solve several problems for me at once. Of course, the new universe I created for the story may come into play in the future. You never know.

Nan

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Since when are simple stories easy to write? /me looks at hard drive full of half-written vignettes. My muse must have missed that memo wallbash

Kaylle wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Kaylle. Should be. Because it's mostly of the simple 'X did A, B and C' variety. Considering how long I've been writing, this should not present much difficulty.

However, as you point out, from past experience, it's more than likely those are the very bits I'll get stuck on and find impossible to put down just so. razz ( /me remembers the ridiculous amount of hours it took her once to write 'he walked across the room'. :rolleyes: )

Wrote another page last night though, after posting here. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
previous word count: 2130
actual word count: 2280

So today I wrote only 150 words. I'm ashamed.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, 150 words is better than no words, Poussin. Which is my total for today. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi everyone,

I'm busily working on my Fundraiser story, which happens to be a short story I'm basing off of notes I found from a long time ago!

This thread got me inspired to keep a word count!

On 11/12 I wrote: 316 words.

Today I wrote: 361 words.

Total: 677

laugh

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Previous word count: 2280
Actual word count: 2684

So today, I wrote 404 words.

That's less that I hoped since I won't have much time to write this week end but that's still better than yesterday.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Way to go, LL! smile You inspired me to go count the words in my fundraiser story... it's 3,112 words, lock, stock and author's notes... Yours may not even end up being that long -- lots of my stories seem to be very short laugh Anyway, steady progress is good.

Poussin, you did more than twice the amount than the day before! That's excellent! Keep it up.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks. smile

This is a really great thing to get me motivated because I have many stories going, but I've only completed one and uploaded it to the archive and that was a long time ago. Now, I'll finally have two stories done!

I wrote a little bit today (11/17/05) and that was 247 words.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just a quick note before I'm off to work:
Tuesday 113 words
Wednesday 118 words
Thursday 322 words.

I'm kind of stalling because I'm doing some transition scenes before I get into the next important one. When I start on that one, I think I'll be writing a little faster. Hopefully I can get some writing done this weekend in between the grading and housework. (You probably didn't know that was the subtitle of one of the L&C eps. "Neverending Battle: marking and grading compositions" wink )

Sheila Harper

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Well, I would do it, except I'm doing NaNoWriMo instead. Maybe I'll use December to finish up the other stories I have laying around on my hard drive. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well. Yesterday wasn't brilliant in terms of writing - going to see the new Harry Potter film took quite a lot of my usual writing time away. Not that I'm complaining - it's a fantastic film. smile1 But I only got around 500 written.

So, for this report, I'm going to report yesterday's and today's combined.

Words written: 2339
Pages added - 7 or so, I think
Total words in file including notes: 74568
Total words in file with notes deleted: 73178.

Page count for completed story: 203.
Word count for completed story: 73178. wink
Words added since NaFinWipsMo started: about 33000.

Yes, I'm finished!!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Wendy! Congratulations! You wouldn't have any trouble making the 50,000 words in the NaNoWriMo.

I only got 158 words on Friday and 235 words today. However, I made it to the scene I've been waiting for, so I'll get started on it tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open.

Sheila Harper

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the Muse ambushed me again in the wee hours of the morning - just about to drift into sleep and she starts scrolling out tons of really interesting dialogue. Had to get up finally, fire up the pc, and tap away furiously at the file for half an hour to shut her up.

So...wrote another three pages. I've gone from 8 pages a few days back to 14 now. Even better, at least some of what I'm getting down on screen is intriguing me into wanting to write more. Been a long time since that happened. So I'm getting pretty confident I might actually finish this.

Yay, me! <G>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Three pages in half an hour, LabRat? You definitely have a muse.

I wrote 347 words yesterday, mostly a set-up scene I hadn't realized I needed before the one I had been looking forward to. I have the entire story plotted out, so I know what's going to happen, but I don't know how, and it takes me forever to figure it out. Since I'm obviously such a tortoise rather than a hare when it comes to writing, I'd better keep up my steady plodding.

Sheila Harper

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since I'm obviously such a tortoise rather than a hare when it comes to writing, I'd better keep up my steady plodding.
Yeah, I tend to be the opposite in recent years. There was a time, once way back, when I would religiously write a certain amount on my current WIP each evening. Then I'd spend my lunch hour at work the following day, editing, tweaking what I'd written the night before. I felt enormously guilty if I took a night off.

These days though, I tend to work in rapid bursts. Go for four days writing zilch, then do as I did last night - get a sudden burst of dialogue or solutions to plot problems I've identified just popping into my head (usually just as I drift off to sleep) and then I have to type, type, type to keep up, before I forget it all (which I'm quite capable of doing in a split second.) Luckily, I'm a pretty fast typist. <g> So when the Muse gets on one of her rolls, I can usually pretty much keep up with her.

I think I'd much prefer steady as she goes, mind you. But at least the rapid bursts get me further ahead in leaps and bounds. So I guess whatever works I shouldn't complain too much about. laugh

I'm just really enjoying the fact that this is happening again. It's been a long time since I've had to keep a notepad and pen beside the bed for those early morning Muse attacks. wink So I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun in the last two weeks. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Congratulations Wendy!

That's really good news, LabRat.

For my part, I'm most slow. Like I said, I didn't have time to write these last 3 days (really busy week-end), and today, I write a little.

Actual word count: 3147
Previous word count: 2684

So today I wrote 463 words. But part 2 is finished. I hope to be faster on part 3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, let's see... I think I got some written on Friday... the weekend was a total loss. Partially a plot problem -- just not sure where I'm going next -- and partially a time problem. My kids are out of school, so we've got things to do and they can disrupt my chain of thought at any particular moment. To make up for that, I'd been staying up late, but then I'm short on sleep, so I'm too tired to write... it's nuts. smile

I got some written today, haven't typed it in yet so I haven't got a word count. I should probably be typing that instead of chatting here, huh?

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just to let you know, my word count has gone up a little. However, progress continues to be painfully slow. I might have something written by the end of the month, but it is far more likely that I won't. Who knew that November could be so busy and exciting?

Chris (who is off to sample life in a Big City for a few days...)

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Actual word count: 4688
Previous word count: 3147

So today I wrote 1541 words. I am so glad! It's not often that I write that much. My muses were in overdrive. I hope to keep it that way in the next days.

If I keep it that way, I should be able to write the 6 firsts parts of my story before the end of the month like I was hoping to do. And if I'm very lucky, and that my muses stay in overdrive like today, maybe I'll be able to write the 7th part as well.

Right now, the 3 first parts are written.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Checking in before I crash:

211 words Monday and
436 words today (Tuesday).

At one point, I thought I'd be halfway done at 30 pages. I'm on pg. 29, and halfway is probably 10 pages away. This story keeps growing, which is good for my story but bad for my deadline.

Sheila Harper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keep it up, everybody... Poussin, that's terrific! dance

I had several off days, but yesterday, somehow, I got up to 1600 words smile which brings my daily average back up where it needs to be.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
I started typing out my story and so far I've done 379 words. smile

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ooh! Great job, Alexis!! Keep it up! Poussin and Sheila and Chris and Pam and Wendy and Lab and everyone else!!

I haven't updated in a while, so I'll just give my total word count for November. smile

12,993 words and I'm just stunned that I've written that much! Motivation really helps. smile1

Sara smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm in that really rotten situation of desperately wanting to open the file and get more done, but not having the time to really sit down at the pc and concentrate right now. razz

We're looking after our friend's dog till Saturday, which doesn't help. So, hopefully, once Buffy is back home I'll get the chance to do more!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I didn't have time to write yesterday, or the day before that. That's too bad since my muses are really prolific right now. But today, I had a little time, and I make up for it.

Actual word count: 6151
Previous word count: 4688

So today I wrote 1463 words. And I've finished the part 4. Yeah, me!

I will have time to write tomorrow, but not sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep the rythm tomorrow. I'm so glad. The beginning was difficult, but now, it works well.

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That's fantastic, Poussin! smile1 And Sara, you're really doing well.

Chris, Sheila, Alexis, Missy, Dave, everyone else who's still working away: keep it up, keep telling us how you're doing and remember, every little helps! It's all progress, all words that wouldn't have been on the screen if you hadn't written them. So well done!

I'm still writing - currently shifting between two short stories, one of them co-authored, so I'm still around on IRC to word-count-duel with anyone who wants to be motivated. wink Sara actually beat me at least once lately! laugh

Congratulations to everyone for making it this far! Keep up the good work and carry on dropping in to tell us how you're doing - and, hey, the rest of you FoLCs out there, how about some more cheerleading? goofy

All together now...

We WILL finish these WIPS... wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Checking in... when I posted that I was joining this challenge, I had 3,654 words on my story. As of today, the word count is 7,021. So it is progress! Small, but progress nonetheless!

Tracey smile (chanting "I will finish this story!")

Merriwether
Merriwether
Write! Write! Write! Write!

Cause I want to read the finished products. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
actual word count: 7266
previous word count: 6151

so today I wrote 1115 words. A little less than before, but that's still good.

I guess I should try to sing "I'll finish it" when I'm with my family. That way, they will force me to write to make me shut up, and I'll write more. laugh

That made 5700 words since I joined our group 12 days ago. Not too bad.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey guys, I'm so excited!!! I finished my story for the fundraiser (and look, Rat, before the 30th!! Don't fall over <g>). The final word count came in at about 9,700 words. Thanks to Wendy and Pam for this challenge - I don't know if my story would have been finished if it weren't for this push! I liked reading this thread, and watching all the other writers working hard to churn out their word counts. It motivated me to write, knowing that everyone else was, too!

I'm done!! Woohoo!!!

Tracey smile (feeling like party right now!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent, Tracey! dance

Poussin, anywhere over 1,000 words a day is pretty good in my book! Sara & Alexis & LabRat... may the Muse be with you wink

I'm so glad so many people have jumped in on this... the group dynamic has been great, and very motivating... have I mentioned that my WIP is mostly Fin? I'll need to do some editing, but all the scenes are written. I'm quite amazed at myself laugh

Just over 20,000 words written this month. And I never would have done it without y'all smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
On 11/20 I only wrote 43 words. confused

Last night I wrote 216 words.

I'm so close to getting my fundraiser story done. I just need to find the energy to do it. I hate it when my body says one thing and my mind does another. razz

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
WTG, Tracey!! smile1

Pam - clap clap

Alexis - hang on in there! Keep feeding that Muse chocolate.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No writing on Wednesday (cleaning house) or Thursday (cooking, eating, and cleaning).
508 words on Friday.
No writing on Saturday (grading) or Sunday (responding to outlines).
512 words on Monday.

<sigh> It's going way too slow, but I've written 7575 words this month. More grading tomorrow, but maybe I can sneak in some writing, too.

Sheila Harper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Small update:

Yesterday I wrote: 211 words.
Early this morning I typed: 1,233.

I'm about two scenes away from being done with the writing and then it will ALL be typing! laugh

Thanks for the support everyone! love

Kerth
Kerth
I hadn't seen this topic before, but I had made an unofficial promise to myself and Carol Malo to finish my second ever story by Thanksgiving. And I made my deadline! smile It's 32 pages / 13,749 words long, which is roughly double the length of my first story. Gerry has beta read it, and Carol is finishing up with reading the ending. I should begin posting to the boards soon.
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, Susan! smile

We are definitely going to have to do this again.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um...what counts as finished? laugh

What with Buffy-sitting last week (who is so high maintenance that getting any serious pc time was impossible) and coming down with a sickness bug the past couple of days (which means I've spent most of that time sleeping or upchucking <g>) I've had no chance to open the file.

I think with a final push I'd still get it finished though. But...erm...that would be first draft finished. You know me - the Rewrite Queen. I'd probably have to rewrite bits of it a dozen times before I'm happen with it.

But do think I can make it to complete story with no gaps in it and 'The End' written at the bottom by the 30th.

Does that count?

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just dropping in to tell you all that I have done abysmally.

That's it.

Chris

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
/me joins Chris.

AnnaBtG.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwww - but don't give up, Chris and Anna. So what's a little deadline between friends? Keep on plugging away and so long as we get a story in the end, we'll be happy. smile1

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yup! I agree with Rat! Don't give up, guys! I'm not. There's no way I'm going to finishe my story by the end of this month, but that doesn't mean that NaFinWipMo wasn't a success! If it motivated you to write, then it worked! thumbsup Keep plugging away, as will I. We can do it! laugh

Sara

Features Writer
Features Writer
Okay quick update!

I spent most of my day writing so in that case I'M DONE!!!! YAY ME! I wrote 1,400 words today! My biggest number so far.

I won't however but "officially" done until it's typed up and sent off...so you can all imagine what I'll be doing into the wee of hours of the night. wink lol

I'm just excited that I almost have another story completed (my second) and it's for the Fundraiser! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I stole half an hour and wrote another 107 words. This is hard because I'm hitting the end of the semester and students are turning in make-up work and revised essays, as well as their normal work, so all I seem to do when I'm not at work is grade assignments. Ah, well. Grades are due in 15 days, and I'll have lots of time after that.

Sheila Harper

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Woohoo!!! Great job, Alexis!! smile1

107 is better than nothing, Sheila! smile

I've had nothing written for the past two days... or was it three... Unless you count essays and literary analyses. wink

Sara

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I didn't had time to write a word sunday.

Monday, I had many hours free straight, and since it's pretty unusual, I used them to read the fundraiser story I was assigned to to do a trailer, and I did the trailer. So I hadn't written a word either.

Yesterday, I didn't have time. It's funny how quickly the time goes when we're student and we have a job at the same time...

And today, I wrote a little during my lunch break.

Actual word count: 8349
Previous word count: 7266

So today, I wrote 1083 words. I've finished part 5. I was hoping to write the firsts 6 parts before the end of the month. I've failed, but I think I did great nevertheless, since I wrote 6783 words since november 12.

So, even if I hadn't meet my deadline, I won't give up, and I hope that all the others in my situation won't either.

Congratulations to all the one who succeed to finish their stories in time: Tracey, Pam, Groobie, LoisLane9397,...

And special congratulations to the ones who finished well before the end of the month. You did great! We all have something to read because of you. Thank you.

Features Writer
Features Writer
YAY! I'm officially done! I emailed my story off to LabRat today. goofy

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Alexis! And everyone else who finished. That's brilliant! smile1

Well, November is over and so, therefore, is NaFinWipsMo... for now, at any rate. I know we'll do it again!

For me, this has been a huge success. I finished a long story that had been languishing on my hard drive for months, and I also finished (all bar a short conclusion, which my co-author will write) a shorter fic. And I almost managed to finish a third mid-length story.

The nightly word-count duels on IRC were a major part of getting this done, for me. Sara and Pam, you were such a great help! It really, really helps that this is a group effort: we all encourage and support each other, and that's fantastic. Thank you so much!

Congratulations, too, to everyone else doing this. Okay, so not everyone actually finished their WIP, but you all made progress. Some of you made a huge amount of progress, more than in a long time, more than you ever believed you could in a month. Sara, your 20,000+ extra words is wonderful - well done! thumbsup

And let's do this again some time!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, I managed to squeak in an extra 358 words in the last few hours of November. laugh

I'd love to claim the 20,000 + words, Wendy... but I'm afraid it wasn't quite that much. :p

Here's my tally for the month:

14,065 words written
33 pages written

And... I don't believe I wrote that much in a month. smile1

I'm so glad this was a smashing success for so many people!!

I'll still be FinWipping in IRC until I'm done. Should we call it IGFTSIITLTID? Yes, it's not as catchy, I know. But, really, I'm going to finish this story if it's the last thing I do. smile

Sara smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words during all of this, I really appreciated it! smile

I hope we do this again sometime soon! thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, us! smile

goofy It took me 13 months to write the first 25,000 words, and one month to write the last 20,000.

Wendy, I enjoyed the word count duels, too -- I don't think I ever beat you, but it was fun giving you a run for your money!

We are definitely going to have to do this again sometime -- and Sara, keep going and try not to let it kill you, okay? smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't get my story finished, but I never really expected to. With the 207 words I wrote yesterday, my total for the month was 7888 words, about a third of what I'd hoped for, but it was definitely progress. Now I'm sitting at 13,656 words.

Sheila Harper

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard