Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148552 09/20/05 09:23 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm working on a fanfic (my first -- ok, my second, but the first story is extremely tongue-in-cheek) and the first few opening lines have been in my head for a very long time.

Now that they're written down, I find them... more familiar than they should be, perhaps.

So I'm wondering: are they so familiar because I've read them so many times as I'm editing, or because they were in my head every time I dabbled in the idea of writing a story... or is it because they belong to someone else, and I've read them in a fanfic?

If they belong to someone else: who are you and what story is it (so I can give credit where credit is due), and can I borrow them (please say "yes" since I already did)? If I promise to give 'em back?

Oh, yeah -- it's currently 22 pages, is very episode related, and I'm nearing the ...let's say resolution. I could use a BR.

Here's the lines:

Clark Kent had a problem.

A big problem…

A huge problem.

A huge problem in a small, shapely, fascinating package: his beautiful and vibrant partner, Lois Lane. She had stormed into his life, his interview, and his heart in one single moment… and that was it.

The beginning of his huge problem.
Thanks!

[Linked Image]

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#148553 09/20/05 09:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, I love it, Janet! goofy

You know my address... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#148554 09/20/05 09:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice start, and no, I'd say those are your own words. Go for it, I say!

Yvonne

#148555 09/20/05 10:02 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
smile1

I'm anxious to see what you think.

goofy ~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#148556 09/20/05 10:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is just an idle 1am thought about your question...sometimes when I write, things sound familiar because I tend to pick up bits and pieces of different authors' styles. You know, some people are more witty, others use a lot of sparse, tense words... I think we learn things from different authors as we read...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#148557 09/21/05 04:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She had stormed into his life, his interview, and his heart in one single moment… and that was it.
Sounds like SuperStud to me, when Lois ask's Clark when he started feeling this way about her after he'd been exposed to the modified pheromone spray.

TEEEEEJ

#148558 09/21/05 05:36 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
To go by Google, I find a few stories with some slightly similar phrasing. Nothing that appears to substantially resemble this passage, though. I'd say you may have read some really good fanfic and then synthesized what you read into your own.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard