I'm working on a fanfic (my first -- ok, my second, but the first story is extremely tongue-in-cheek) and the first few opening lines have been in my head for a very long time.

Now that they're written down, I find them... more familiar than they should be, perhaps.

So I'm wondering: are they so familiar because I've read them so many times as I'm editing, or because they were in my head every time I dabbled in the idea of writing a story... or is it because they belong to someone else, and I've read them in a fanfic?

If they belong to someone else: who are you and what story is it (so I can give credit where credit is due), and can I borrow them (please say "yes" since I already did)? If I promise to give 'em back?

Oh, yeah -- it's currently 22 pages, is very episode related, and I'm nearing the ...let's say resolution. I could use a BR.

Here's the lines:

Clark Kent had a problem.

A big problem…

A huge problem.

A huge problem in a small, shapely, fascinating package: his beautiful and vibrant partner, Lois Lane. She had stormed into his life, his interview, and his heart in one single moment… and that was it.

The beginning of his huge problem.
Thanks!

[Linked Image]

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler