Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
party
Congratulations to all the winners! You've given us a wonderful year of reading.

And thanks to the K-Comm for all the hard work they put in.

gerry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Congratulations to all the winners. Hope this nudge will inspire all those first time winners to write lots more fanfic for the gentle readers to enjoy in the coming months and years.

Tank (who sends a 'special' congrats out to Chris Carr for finally 'messing up her red ribbon theme' on the archives)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
who sends a 'special' congrats out to Chris Carr for finally 'messing up her red ribbon theme' on the archives
LOL, Tank. And that reminds me that we need to thank someone else - Lauren, for setting aside some free time each year to ensure that all those ribbons go up next to stories on the Archive. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks so much to K-Comm for all of their hard work putting in such a fun event. Really, I looked forward to it for weeks and had such a great time! You guys are wonderful. thumbsup

And thank you so much to everyone who read, nommed and voted for The Butterfly Legacy. I can't tell you how thrilled (and shocked) I was to have it make such a good showing. Really, I cannot thank you enough. sloppy

Yeah!! Great job everone. party

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I want to thank K-Com for organizing all of this. I had a blast watching the action, and I cracked up so many times at the jokes and craziness. I especially loved the "testing" thing someone did up front (can't remember who at the moment)--it made it feel so realistic, lol.

And of COURSE I have to thank all the writers who create these wonderful stories. Despite the pressure of having only a week to read them all, I thoroughly enjoyed devouring the 200-some eligible fics, and had so much fun nominating and voting.

The whole event was a great experience (my first Kerth ceremony laugh ), and I hope someday to be able to be present at another. (As things look now, I will not be able to attend next year's--I'll be spending a year in Central America without regular Internet access.) Thank you everyone!!! laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A fun evening was had by all. It's nice to be a part of this FOLC family, and the competition was unbelievably fierce.

Congrats to all of the winners

You give us all something to look forward to after we get out of work - an escape from RL

Keep writing everyone!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Congrats to all the winners and especially to those who were first time winners, and even more especially to Chris Carr, who I have been rooting for each year. smile

Yours Jenni

Kerth
Kerth
Woot!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek eek eek eek eek

THUD!!!

jump jump jump

You'll have to forgive Yvonne for her lack of coherent speech. This was brought on by the shock of discovering I'd won two awards for her. Yeah, me. Okay, so she wrote down what I said and did, but you have to admit, I did all the important stuff. Anyway, I have her in intensive therapy and the prognosis is looking pretty good - we're hoping for single syllable words within a couple of days or so.

Yours,
George.

S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Congratulations to all the authors!
And thank you very much for sharing your wonderful work with us.
Sil

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bravo on all those winners!! All those stories totally rocked, and were completely deserving. Thank you guys so much for sharing your talent!! clap clap clap dance

TEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, it occurs to me that I should jump in here and congratulate all the winners smile Especially our first time winners, and especially those who've been nominated before without winning. I love seeing new winners. And I love seeing new attenders at the ceremony -- I'm so glad all these new people showed up to have fun with us smile1

I'd also like to thank those members of the K-Com and support staff who (unlike me laugh ) actually did stuff this year, and who made the night such a smashing success. It's a privilege for me to be able to play around backstage, hang out with y'all, and bask in reflected glory. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I missed a piece of news here:
And welcome and thank you to the new K-Comm members who will be carrying the torch next year!
But thank you to K-comm for a great ceremony and congratulations to the winners and the nominees. It was wonderful to see new names in attendance.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Artemis, you need to see this thread where Erin explains all.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Just saying thank you to those who voted for my story. I had no idea that something that I jotted down one morning would turn into a series, or win for Best Super Short. Maybe I should try just writing things off the cuff more often <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Blogger
Blogger
I want to thank all the authors for all the wonderful stories smile I just loved the story "Something The Cat Dragged In" laugh by C C Aiken. I laughed so hard I cried.I could just see that in my mind smile1

I hope you all never get tired of writng cause I'll never get tired of reading, what a talent you all have.!!!!!!!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just got back from New Zealand and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all winners (and nominees)!!!

Great work, Great writing, great writers!

smile Nicole

Top Banana
Top Banana
I spent a week camping with a group of sugar-high nine and ten year olds. (Don't recommend it.) Came home with a case of poison ivy (scratch, scratch.)

After all of that-- and there was no coffee, just thought that needed saying, I'm setting the scene -- what a great thing to come home to!!

I'll gush just the tiniest bit. Look away if need be.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That's not eloquent, but it's heartfelt.

Thank you to the readers, the voters, to Kcomm for their hard work and dedication.

Thank you to Labrat for BRing every single word I write, and with such good humor and wealth of patience. (I whine a lot.)

Thank you to Lynn for issuing the 'Lois and Clark Get a Pet' challenge, otherwise I would never have written Lois and cat break into Clark's apartment. (Not clever enough to think of that on my own.)

In fact, in case of a win, I asked Lynn to thank herself for her "Own Astounding Awesomeness" on my behalf. (I'll be interested to see if she was brave enough when the transcript goes up. wink )

Congratulations to *all* winners and nominees! It was a great year for fic, so many hard choices. We're a rich fandom because of it!

CC

ps- thanks, A.nita!

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know, ridiculously belated, but congrats all the same to our winners! And congrats, again, to the nominees as well. Long may we enjoy wonderful fic from all our authors! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard