Next Thread
Print Thread
#144510 07/03/04 11:32 AM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Since I am kind of irritated about the way Dr. Klein is portrayed on the show as the end-all scientist figure, I have this little idea in mind. It may never get written since I am formally retired, but this idea is kind of torturing me.

I don't have any of the episodes on tape any more, and I do have the scripts, but not on this computer.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which episodes Dr. Klein appears in, and what he helps Lois and Clark with and what other experiments he is running at the time Lois and Clark come in and bother him. And I remember once he said he had an administrative position. Does anyone remember what it was?

Also, if anyone knows approximately how old he is -- I was thinking late 40's/early 50's but I am not sure. Also, did they ever mention any girlfriends for him? I remember the one in that one episode in possibly the 4th season.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#144511 07/15/04 06:46 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Laura wave

This text is going to be quite long so i´d better start it now. :p

There are lots of episodes in which he appears but let me try to help you with this. :rolleyes: Star Labs was mentioned since the very first episodes of the series but I vividly remember it in "Pheromone My Lovely"..

the first episode ever that i remember seeing Dr Klein was in "Don´t Tug on Superman´s Cape" in which he appears dizzy and tells superman that someone stole the kryptonite he was keeping for a treatment. :p

He appears again in "Ultra Woman" where he helps Superman get back his superpowers by fixing a videocamera that the Newtchrit sisters invented using red Kryptonite to transfer his powers to the older sister. smile

On the next week he appeared again doing a DNA test to prove superman didn´t have a son with another woman in "A Chip off the Old Clark". He also appeared at the end of the episode to tell them that the boy was losinh his superpowers.

wow. on the next week he also had an appearance but in "Super Mann" the episode about the Nazi revolution in Metropolis. (i don´t remember it very well and soon I´ll give you some FDK about it)

in the episode " Home is Where hurt is" he doesn´t appear but he talks to Lois over the phone and Superman authorize him to give Lois a piece of kryptonite to help him with an infection he got from a virus Mindy Churchil used against him.

He comes back to scene in "Seconds" where he appears taking care of Lois´ clone.
He also appears in Oedipus Wreck (unfortunately i don´t have this episode anymore but i guess he helped Clark with information about the appliance Herkimer Johnson, Bad Brain´s brother, invented and that helped Lois get back her memories).

He appears in " It´s a Small World Afterall"
(this episode didn´t come in Brazil so i never really saw it... i hope one day i can.. but i guess he helps Clark get to his normal height cause i think he or Superman got shrunk on this episode.

He also appears in "Through A Glass, Darkly" where he is working on a device with lasers which Superman borrows to save Perry, Jimmy and the rest od the city from a bomb which was armed by Sarah and Ching to test the Man of Steel.

Now at the 4th season...

I dont remember him appearing on this sequel but i think in "Battleground Earth" he called Lois to tell her the kryptonite was stolen. Later on, they find out that the government itself stole it to prevent the kryptonians to command Earth.
he also appeared in the episode in "Brutal Youth" where he helped L&C help Jimmy Olsen as well as he told Lois about Superman regenerating cells that stablish and reduce the process of aging.

wow... almost finished..

He appears again in "Dead Lois Walking" where Lois and he himself were targets of an angry revenge-seeking scientist. This was the episode you were talking to where we finally get to see him working in administration after a guy there quit. I think he was like a human resources manager cause he was talking about vacation schedules... anyway, in this episode,Lois was accused of murder and he helped Superman with the bullet system as long as Superman could bring his much younger though brillant doctor girlfriend to help him there and she actually did figure something out.

he appears again at "Bob & Carol, Lois & CLark" where he explains about magnatism and how Superman should avoid another encounter with DeathStroke.

He also appears in "Lethal Weapon" where he helps Superman deals with his superpowers which are out of control.
:p
He made one of his appearances in "Shadow of a Doubt" in which he tried helping superman find out how a mysterioys shadow-man was working.
"Voice From The Past" is an episode in which he also appeared but i just couldn´t find my tape here so i cant tell you much about this episode by memory.
confused
Finalllllllyyyyyy the last episode in which he appears was "Toy Story" where he helps Superman and Lois find out about a transmittor that is used to kidnap children using toys to do so...
phewwwwwww... quite a busy job gathering all this information.. i hope i´ve helped...
jawdrop

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#144512 07/16/04 02:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Thanks Mad Dog Lane, that was wonderful.

I'm a big fan of Dr. K and I didn't even remember all of that...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#144513 07/16/04 03:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I didn´t remember it either.. just went through the tapes and my summaries.. smile I´m still looking for the Nazi thing. Again, I hope I helped. C u around!!

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#144514 07/16/04 07:22 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
ok, just some correction...

oooo... eek i cant believe i forgot such an important thing... about the Nazi thing... Superman was hit by an atomic explosion and he was radioactive for 30.000. He got rid of the problem going to the sun and using its gravity to clean himself up.

Dr. Klein doesnt help Superman find out how the transmittor works in "Toy Story". He is kidnapped by the Scientist who invented the appliance. He was working on the project and got the crdit for the invention.

He is also mentioned on the last episode "The Family Hour" where he tells Superman he isn´t able to have chidren.

Gosh... i didn´t know he had appeared so many times during the show. Practically a member of the gang. What do you think? wink

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard