Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Pam may have already supplied this, but I don't remember if this was.

If the Secret Service was to come up with a code name for Superman, what would it be.

James, who really does have a reason for asking this question.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Without checking, I *think* I had them call him Boy Scout. Other ideas would be Big Blue, Krypton One... although maybe the idea of code names is to *not* be so blindingly obvious <g> Which would open up lots of possibilities. I can't think of anything clever at the moment.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Little Boy Blue

~•~
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
If the Secret Service was to come up with a code name for Superman, what would it be.
Of course, this would lead to the question of who's protecting whom? Why would Superman need Secret Service protection when the target can take a bullet for their protection?

I suppose if the Secret Service carries around geiger counters and detect Kryptonite, they could all wear lead-shielded dark suits and pile on top of Superman for his protection. wink

I had them call him Boy Scout.
This would be a good one, though it's already been used. President Marshall had this code name in the Harrison Ford movie, "Air Force One." Great movie, BTW!

How about the Blue Boy after the painting?

[EDIT] Hey Mary, guess GMTA!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Sorry for the way off topic post, but did you guys know that scenes for Air Force One were filmed at Case Western Reserve? It is actually really pretty in the "heart of campus" in front of the Kelvin Smith Library, next to the Cleveland Orchestra's Severance Hall, and also next to Thwing Center. It's the outdoor, nighttime scenes when the military is invading Radek's palace. Severance Hall is actually the building that is supposed to be Radek's palace. If I remember correctly, you can also see part of Thwing and part of KSL. It was filmed before I was a student there, but it was during the time I was a young scholar during high school (although I had no idea what was going on).

Okay, back to the topic at hand. wink Would the secret service want something so obvious? Granted, I have no idea how the secret service works, but what if they chose something completely of the wall like "blue monkey" or "flying duck" so no one would make the connection?

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about Yellow Dart? laugh

As for "Boy Scout" being used in Air Force One... when did that movie come out? 1997? They stole my idea!! <g> I wrote the President Kent series back in 1996... I should probably sue, don'tcha think? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
clap Yellow Dart would be an awesome code name for Superman. Hmm, I might have to use that somewhere wink .

I think Air Force One came out in 1997, but it might have come out in 1996.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, while the Secret Service doesn't need to protect Superman, they might want to track him. So a code name would be appropriate. I know! His codename could be "Clark" (just kidding!)
Redboots?
TankOne?
MOSman? (for Man of Steel)
Zipper? (he moves fast)
Hmm, I'm out of ideas, but it needs to be short and easy to say.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Man of Steel ---> MOS ---> Moose laugh

My mind works in a special way. <g>

Julie (who lives in Canada, can you blame her for thinking up a moose?)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Air Force One was '97 (I checked IMDB).

Code names for Supes?

Big Guy
Eagle
Albatross
Blue Jay
Red Baron (he's got the red cape, he's known for his flying...)
Buzz (after the astronaut)
Armstrong (after a different astronaut...)
Stretch (evolved from "Armstrong")
Chuck or Yeager (after the test pilot who, among many other things, was the first to break the sound barrier)
Wonder Boy
Blue Knight
Paladin
Flash
Speedy
Planeteer (known association with the DP)
Elvis (<woosh> "Elvis has left the building. Repeat. Elvis has left the building...")

That's all I've got at the moment. I was thinking they might want to use something a little teasing, but it's hard to tease Supes. Besides, he's got that darned super hearing...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yellow dart made me think of blue dart. Ooh, imaginative! blush

IFO - identified flying object

Is there a mythological character that would fit the bill? Doesn't have to fit, but one of the sky.

Hmm...

I can only think of the Egyptian god Shu at the moment. Holder of the Sky, God of the Air, Wind, Sunlight and Protection.
Shu was the son of the individual who created *The* Egyptian God, father of the twin sky and of the Earth deities....and so on.
Some say he isn't really a god, but personification of the sky or atmosphere.

Zeus , Jupiter or Jove - Lord of the Sky , Gods, and Thunder, also Rain-god, Cloud-gatherer.
SM though is WAAAAYYYY nicer than Zeus. Zeus also seemed like a bit of a meanie, unethical beast to me. Hmmmm... Maybe that one looks a bit too..."Duh!!! Gee I wonder who Zeus could be!"

I know SM doesn't want to look like a god though....

It was Boy Scout.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All very good ones, but Pam is right, it was Boy Scout, in her fic, which I might add is an excellent series to read.

Pam was nice enough to allow me to borrow some of her characters and concept and then put a little twist on things. You could concider it an Alt-version of her President Kent series.

RL, in Pam's PK series, Martha Kent becomes The President of the USA, thus the need to supply 'protection' for her son and his family. This leads to some very interesting perdicaments.

Thanks again for all you input.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Some ideas I came up with:

Lancelot
White Knight (or just Knight)
Sword (for the steel)
Swordfish, also along those lines
Ra (Superman gets his powers from the sun)

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys in white coats say I have to answer this for therapy so it's really late you see.
Elvis (<woosh> "Elvis has left the building. Repeat. Elvis has left the building...")
thumbsup )

TEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hercules
Yep, I was reading somewhere, Hercules now-a-days is often referred to as Classical Superman laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, I was reading somewhere, Hercules now-a-days is often referred to as Classical Superman laugh
Okay, ya'll managed to drag me out of lurk for this one. I haven't heard it put that way, but I have heard Superman referred to as a modern Hercules. Seems like that reference is one of the books I have on either DC Comics or Superman.

And to add to the list, I haven't seen either of these rather obvious ones yet:

Shield
Cape

Of course, Cape might be a little TOO obvious if the point is to keep who they're talking about hidden but I kind of like Shield myself. laugh

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Red Sun

Red Son

Red Riding Hood

You know, this is why I admire Nan and her naming of all those superheroes. I had trouble naming my own children!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up, so I know this is a bit late, but I couldn't resist ...

Paul suggested:

Red Baron (he's got the red cape, he's known for his flying...)
Would that make Lois's code name SNOOPy?

Kathy (who should know better than to bump up week old threads for the sake of a bad pun goofy )

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard