Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142427 12/15/03 03:55 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey FoLCs... help
I was watching a season 1 episode (sorry, I forget which one), and Lois is reading something in bed and wearing reading glasses. Does she do this in any other episodes?
Now, are we supposed to assume she is usually a contact lens wearer? or she needs reading glasses? or perhaps she wears them only when her eyes get tired? (they show Lois reading plenty of things WITHOUT glasses, so I think this was a fairly inconsistant thing)
What are your thoughts on this? Just curious, as I might include a bespeckled Lois as a detail in a fic.
Thank you!! -Wanda cool
PS: I hope not to cause as much trouble as I did when I asked you what you call a man's tank top... laugh lol.

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#142428 12/15/03 04:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I usually kind of disregard that, but we can assume she just wears contacts. Though I recall Clark and her arguing about something they saw or didn't see, and Lois argues that she's right because her eyesight is better than his. huh And btw, it was in The Pilot episode.

Wanda! Why aren't you logged on? wildguy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142429 12/16/03 03:07 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think it's just one of those details that often turn up in pilot shows but are then dropped from that point on, never to appear again.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#142430 12/16/03 08:36 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
At least one other time Lois is shown with glasses though not actually wearing them. In STP when she and Clark are estranged because of fighting, she is seen sleeping on the couch with news copy she has apparently been proofing. She is holding a pair of glasses in one hand. I've often puzzled over these two instances of Lois with glasses but could come up with no logical explanation. Perhaps in STP Lois was just missing Clark and wearing his window-pane glasses made her feel close to him. But that's a little far out even for a die hard romantic like me.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
#142431 12/16/03 08:52 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Coming from a long time glasses-wearer. Perhaps she can make out the words for short periods of time, but for longer reading, she prefers the glasses? After awhile, trying to make out semi-fuzzy words can give a person a headache.

I'm near-sighted, but I often walk around without my glasses. Everyone's fuzzy, but I can still make out their faces. I can even make out road signs with a little bit of work. I wouldn't want to be without my glasses for long periods of time, though, because it's a pain trying to figure out what those blurs 50 yards/meters down the road are!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard