Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Wanda Detroit FFQ: Lois in glasses - 12/15/03 07:55 PM
Hey FoLCs... help
I was watching a season 1 episode (sorry, I forget which one), and Lois is reading something in bed and wearing reading glasses. Does she do this in any other episodes?
Now, are we supposed to assume she is usually a contact lens wearer? or she needs reading glasses? or perhaps she wears them only when her eyes get tired? (they show Lois reading plenty of things WITHOUT glasses, so I think this was a fairly inconsistant thing)
What are your thoughts on this? Just curious, as I might include a bespeckled Lois as a detail in a fic.
Thank you!! -Wanda cool
PS: I hope not to cause as much trouble as I did when I asked you what you call a man's tank top... laugh lol.
Posted By: Julie S Re: FFQ: Lois in glasses - 12/15/03 08:08 PM
I usually kind of disregard that, but we can assume she just wears contacts. Though I recall Clark and her arguing about something they saw or didn't see, and Lois argues that she's right because her eyesight is better than his. huh And btw, it was in The Pilot episode.

Wanda! Why aren't you logged on? wildguy

Julie smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: FFQ: Lois in glasses - 12/16/03 07:07 AM
I think it's just one of those details that often turn up in pilot shows but are then dropped from that point on, never to appear again.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Jude Re: FFQ: Lois in glasses - 12/16/03 12:36 PM
At least one other time Lois is shown with glasses though not actually wearing them. In STP when she and Clark are estranged because of fighting, she is seen sleeping on the couch with news copy she has apparently been proofing. She is holding a pair of glasses in one hand. I've often puzzled over these two instances of Lois with glasses but could come up with no logical explanation. Perhaps in STP Lois was just missing Clark and wearing his window-pane glasses made her feel close to him. But that's a little far out even for a die hard romantic like me.

smile Jude

dance
Posted By: Karen Re: FFQ: Lois in glasses - 12/16/03 12:52 PM
Coming from a long time glasses-wearer. Perhaps she can make out the words for short periods of time, but for longer reading, she prefers the glasses? After awhile, trying to make out semi-fuzzy words can give a person a headache.

I'm near-sighted, but I often walk around without my glasses. Everyone's fuzzy, but I can still make out their faces. I can even make out road signs with a little bit of work. I wouldn't want to be without my glasses for long periods of time, though, because it's a pain trying to figure out what those blurs 50 yards/meters down the road are!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards