Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Since we missed the inter-fandom Beta Reader Appreciation Day on October 13, I propose we mark our own Beta Reader Appreciation Day this year on December 1.

Beta Readers are an essential, irreplaceable part of the writing process. From brainstorming the original premise to watching for characterization flaws and plot holes to examining the story's pacing to catching typos and grammer errors to encouraging frustrated authors, Beta Readers fulfil a host of roles.

Beta Readers can improve even the best stories, and they can make a mediocre story truly great. They offer their services freely and cheerfully for little recognition. Usually only the author knows just how much a Beta Reader's talents improved a story.

So let's all take a minute this December 1 to thank our Beta Readers. Authors, tell your Beta Readers just how much you appreciate all their help. Readers, take a minute to thank the Beta Readers who have made your favorite stories what they are today.

Thanks,
Annie
Fanfic Related Forum Moderator

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an excellent idea, Annie! smile Thanks for thinking of setting a special day for our wonderful BRs. They deserve to be thanked every day of every year of course, but giving them one special day to show them even more how much we appreciate their hard work is a wonderful idea. thumbsup

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for posting this, Annie! thumbsup

I'll certainly remember to thank my BRs on 1 December.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's a fantastic idea, Annie. I sure treasure my BRers a lot and wouldn't know where I'd be without them. And I'm sure they'll all appriciate another 'thank you' note.

/me grabs diary and writes the date down so I won't forget

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a great idea, Annie! thumbsup

Like Saskia, I also treasure my BR and wouldn't know what to do without her. I'll definitely contribute to the thread on Dec 1. smile

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Betas - and the archive editors - make the world go round. smile

Anyone up to posting a story honoring betas on December 1st? It can either be an internal LnC story or break the fourth wall, whatever you'd like. smile

Hazel, off to consider a filk goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hazel, I like your idea about posting a story in honor of Beta readers. I'm going to think about that. I have a feeling I might have something.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard