Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AnnieM Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/15/03 04:31 PM
Since we missed the inter-fandom Beta Reader Appreciation Day on October 13, I propose we mark our own Beta Reader Appreciation Day this year on December 1.

Beta Readers are an essential, irreplaceable part of the writing process. From brainstorming the original premise to watching for characterization flaws and plot holes to examining the story's pacing to catching typos and grammer errors to encouraging frustrated authors, Beta Readers fulfil a host of roles.

Beta Readers can improve even the best stories, and they can make a mediocre story truly great. They offer their services freely and cheerfully for little recognition. Usually only the author knows just how much a Beta Reader's talents improved a story.

So let's all take a minute this December 1 to thank our Beta Readers. Authors, tell your Beta Readers just how much you appreciate all their help. Readers, take a minute to thank the Beta Readers who have made your favorite stories what they are today.

Thanks,
Annie
Fanfic Related Forum Moderator
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 12:25 AM
What an excellent idea, Annie! smile Thanks for thinking of setting a special day for our wonderful BRs. They deserve to be thanked every day of every year of course, but giving them one special day to show them even more how much we appreciate their hard work is a wonderful idea. thumbsup

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 06:15 AM
Thanks for posting this, Annie! thumbsup

I'll certainly remember to thank my BRs on 1 December.

Wendy smile
Posted By: Saskia Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 06:34 AM
That's a fantastic idea, Annie. I sure treasure my BRers a lot and wouldn't know where I'd be without them. And I'm sure they'll all appriciate another 'thank you' note.

/me grabs diary and writes the date down so I won't forget

Saskia
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 11:11 AM
What a great idea, Annie! thumbsup

Like Saskia, I also treasure my BR and wouldn't know what to do without her. I'll definitely contribute to the thread on Dec 1. smile
Posted By: Hazel Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 12:36 PM
Betas - and the archive editors - make the world go round. smile

Anyone up to posting a story honoring betas on December 1st? It can either be an internal LnC story or break the fourth wall, whatever you'd like. smile

Hazel, off to consider a filk goofy
Posted By: MLT Re: Beta Reader Appreciation Day - 11/16/03 03:15 PM
Hazel, I like your idea about posting a story in honor of Beta readers. I'm going to think about that. I have a feeling I might have something.

ML wave
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards