Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140695 07/17/03 10:44 AM
samik Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
At the end of it all, what happened to him?

The fics and the show are all so jumbled in my head now. Did he actually ever spend any time in jail after Gretchen Kelly brought him back?

Thanks.

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter
#140696 07/17/03 10:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Luthor was jailed at the end of The Phoenix. As far as I recall (and it's been a while) he stayed there until he arranged for the clone of the President to sign a prison release form for him in I Now Pronounce You.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140697 07/17/03 10:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And then he was killed again at the end of the third ep in the arc (Seconds or Double Jeopardy? Can't remember) when the tunnel caved in and squashed him. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#140698 07/17/03 11:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Seconds.

At least, that's what they WANT us to think. wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#140699 07/17/03 11:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seconds smile

Ooh eery Rivka posting at the exact same time
/me hums twilight zone *wee dee dee dee wee dee dee dee*
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#140700 07/17/03 11:13 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The show gives you the impression that he really did die at the end of "Seconds." Before the ceiling collapsed, he closed his eyes and fell back as if he was dead. Then the whole ceiling collapsed on top of him and the Lois clone. He never appeared again in person, only as a recording during the Lex Jr. arc in Season 4 when Lex Jr. was trying to repair a tape which revealed Clark's identity as Superman. Apparently in the very short time between the the Lois clone telling him Clark's secret and the time Luthor kidnapped Martha, he had the time to make the tape.

Here's a question I've been wondering about. Many fanfics used the name Clois for the Lois clone. Who coined that name first? It wasn't in the show so I'm assuming a fanfic author came up with the name.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#140701 07/17/03 11:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's a question I've been wondering about. Many fanfics used the name Clois for the Lois clone. Who coined that name first? It wasn't in the show so I'm assuming a fanfic author came up with the name.
As FoLClore has it <g> and as I recall, it wasn't so much a fanfic author as it was coined by some wag in list/irc conversations about the episodes when they were first aired.

Maybe someone who was around at the time could narrow it down more for you. (or even tell me I'm talking nonsense and give you the correct story. wink )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140702 07/18/03 02:45 AM
samik Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
...and it all begins to make sense...

thanks, guys

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard