Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: samik Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 02:44 PM
At the end of it all, what happened to him?

The fics and the show are all so jumbled in my head now. Did he actually ever spend any time in jail after Gretchen Kelly brought him back?

Thanks.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 02:51 PM
Luthor was jailed at the end of The Phoenix. As far as I recall (and it's been a while) he stayed there until he arranged for the clone of the President to sign a prison release form for him in I Now Pronounce You.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 02:56 PM
And then he was killed again at the end of the third ep in the arc (Seconds or Double Jeopardy? Can't remember) when the tunnel caved in and squashed him. wink

Wendy smile
Posted By: rivka Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 03:04 PM
Seconds.

At least, that's what they WANT us to think. wink
Posted By: Shadow Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 03:04 PM
Seconds smile

Ooh eery Rivka posting at the exact same time
/me hums twilight zone *wee dee dee dee wee dee dee dee*
Jen
Posted By: RL Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 03:13 PM
The show gives you the impression that he really did die at the end of "Seconds." Before the ceiling collapsed, he closed his eyes and fell back as if he was dead. Then the whole ceiling collapsed on top of him and the Lois clone. He never appeared again in person, only as a recording during the Lex Jr. arc in Season 4 when Lex Jr. was trying to repair a tape which revealed Clark's identity as Superman. Apparently in the very short time between the the Lois clone telling him Clark's secret and the time Luthor kidnapped Martha, he had the time to make the tape.

Here's a question I've been wondering about. Many fanfics used the name Clois for the Lois clone. Who coined that name first? It wasn't in the show so I'm assuming a fanfic author came up with the name.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/17/03 03:26 PM
Here's a question I've been wondering about. Many fanfics used the name Clois for the Lois clone. Who coined that name first? It wasn't in the show so I'm assuming a fanfic author came up with the name.
As FoLClore has it <g> and as I recall, it wasn't so much a fanfic author as it was coined by some wag in list/irc conversations about the episodes when they were first aired.

Maybe someone who was around at the time could narrow it down more for you. (or even tell me I'm talking nonsense and give you the correct story. wink )

LabRat smile
Posted By: samik Re: Luthor's final fate - 07/18/03 06:45 AM
...and it all begins to make sense...

thanks, guys
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards