Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#138203 03/22/05 09:21 PM
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Laura, I never look at the Original Fiction Folder, but your title caught my eye and I took a peek. goofy

Some very nice images painted here: gritty squishy-squash, especially, is a fun contrast. Interesting that the naked toes are only outdoors and not inside the house. laugh

Your usage of commas seems a bit inconsistent to me. In some places, you don't bother with punctuation at the end of a line, which seems sensible; but in others, you add what seems to be a very arbitrary comma. This is particularly noticeable in "Oh how I glory,/In naked toes!" Still, free verse is just that -- free -- and everyone has to go with what feels right. I prefer verse without end punctuation, but you clearly feel otherwise.

Cute little poem, Laura, and nice to read when it's drizzling outside my window. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#138204 03/22/05 11:48 PM
Columnist
Columnist
The title caught my attention, too, Laura.

I'm not generally a poetry reader, but I enjoyed the imagery in this.

Well done!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#138205 03/23/05 03:45 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Hazel and Irene!

I'm experimenting with poetry right now. wink I needed an elective, and since I don't know much about writing it, I signed up for the class. I'm not good at it, but hey! No learning or knowledge is ever wasted...

And I like the way "Naked Toes" looks together. Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't really know, but it was something that I just had to use. It's perfectly innocent, yet it looks a little... scatalogical.

Glad you two liked it.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard