#136236 04/30/13 03:45 PM
K
kmhags Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
K
Hi Everyone!

This is my first time ever posting a challenge. My favorite episode is Pheromone My Lovely and I've read some great ficts surrounding that episode, but they all stop after Lois and Clark get together. I want more.

So my challenge is to assume that Clark was also affected by the pheromone (he was by the space rats, why wouldn't he be by this pheromone?). Lois and Clark get together (probably get married) and make love multiple times. Is there a pregnancy? (please yes). How does everyone react to the marriage and pregnancy for the rest of season one. I am especially interested in Lex's reaction and Linda's reaction (in The Rival). Fromm what I saw of Lex, he didn't decide to pursue Lois until after the dinner and seeing Superman kissing Lois, neither of which would have happened if L&C had gotten together. How does it change the season?

How do L&C react to the differences in their relationship and a pregnancy?

Great jumping off points may be from Nan Smith's "The Newlywed Game" or Wendy Richard's "PML Oh Boy!" I think there are a few others that you can also jump off from. I've liked all of those based on that episode.

nficts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kmhags

P.S. is this a good challenge post? Like I said, it's my first, so I'm not sure.

#136237 04/30/13 07:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, kind of like Bobbart's Identity only that they're both effected? For how long? Forever? Or do you mean for it to wear off at some point at the end of S1, after they're married and Lois is pregnant? I know that someone is working on something like this, only not exactly like this, but I can't say more. <<nudge, nudge>> smile1

Welcome to your first public post and challenge! wave Keep them coming.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136238 05/01/13 04:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
To answer your p.s. question, that was a perfect challenge post. You gave us enough info to understand what you're looking for and pointed out interesting new territory to explore, but you left the actual plotting, etc. up to the writers.

Welcome to the boards!

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#136239 05/01/13 05:31 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
So, kind of like Bobbart's Identity only that they're both effected? For how long? Forever? Or do you mean for it to wear off at some point at the end of S1, after they're married and Lois is pregnant? I know that someone is working on something like this, only not exactly like this, but I can't say more. <<nudge, nudge>> help It does sound like an interesting premise.

Interesting theory that you think that Lex wasn't seriously interested in Lois until he saw Superman was in love with her at the end of PML. And I had always thought it was a discovery of his reaction to how the drug/perfume had affected him.

Hmmm. What would Lois's reaction be if it were her husband went undercover over at the Met Star as Linda's partner? I'm thinking she might be a tad more emotional than in canon. Although, she might trust Clark more, knowing that they were married and expecting. Would Linda try to steal the husband of her ex-BFF? That sounds even like low blow for her, but she might, you never know.
Is this my nudge? wink :p

Yes I have a a couple of PML-based stories. One with a pheromoned Clark as well (this is the one I'm the furthest along on), one with Lois NOT affected by the perfume (meaning she doesn't get sprayed) and one where PML itself doesn't happen at all (meaning the pheromone is completed and being tested in the Honeymoon Suite of the Lexor rather than an uncontrolled environment.) I also have a sort-of PML story that takes place in Season four where Mindy Church gets a hold of the perfume (this one's the one that's the hardest to plot out in this bunch.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#136240 05/01/13 05:43 PM
K
kmhags Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
K
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

In regards to your question Virginia R, no I didn't mean being under the influence for an extended period of time but just for the original 2 or so days. This time, though both Lois and Clark were affected and as a result Clark told Lois about being Superman and the two of them got married. The story I'm looking for would basically be the 'pheromone hangover' results.

As regards to Lex, I'm not entirely sure if the pheromone requires you to see the object of attraction or not, but if it did and L&C did run off and get married, then Lex and Lois would most likely not have had dinner while Lex was under the influence.

But that's all part of the challenge :-D What do you think the reactions would be.

This is fun, I'm excited about the possible results.

kmhags

#136241 05/02/13 04:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great first challenge posting! I second everything HappyGirl wrote. Now comes the hard part; writing up a fun, interesting story to answer the challenge!

Hey, speaking for the fandom, we look forward to hearing more from you. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#136242 05/06/13 09:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Could even be a case of both affected and run off and get married. When it wears off Lois gets an annulment due to being under the influence and then a month or so later finds out she is pregnant. This Lex a chance to start chasing her.

#136243 05/09/13 02:13 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I guess Lois and Clark could get an annulment, but I don't think they would. Hmm, I might try writting a response. This sounds like it calls for a massive response.

John Pack Lambert
#136244 05/18/13 05:17 PM
K
kmhags Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
K
"Could even be a case of both affected and run off and get married. When it wears off Lois gets an annulment due to being under the influence and then a month or so later finds out she is pregnant. This Lex a chance to start chasing her."

Ahhh, but how can everyone react to their marriage for the rest of the season if they aren't married?

And just a reminder to everyone, please remember to post a link to your story when you finish! I know this is a long challenge so I'll try to be patient.

#136245 09/08/13 01:18 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to this challenge as it's an nfic, but I just started posting a story over in the nFanfic section called "Love Revealed: When Pheromones Attack!" It has the first part of a story which takes place during PML where Clark is affected by the pheromone as well. The part ends with him being sprayed (as Superman) by Miranda with a stronger version of the potion (say the 100% one?) My next part is still in the drafting phase but eventually it will be posted. I'm not certain they're going to get married yet, although a change in their relationship is definitely going to be evident to the office. There is at least a "chapter" to Love Revealed that takes place during "Honeymoon in Metropolis."

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Christina #253968 05/11/14 04:00 PM
K
kmhags Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
K
Christina,

Yes, i think this is your nudge :-).

I would love to see anything that you have in the works on this topic. This ep just has so many possibilities!

kmhags #253975 05/11/14 07:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She's still working on it, kmhags, but she could use all the nudges she can get. peep From what I've seen it will stay on the Nfic side of the boards though. /claps hands together so I can't type more or might lose Beta status/ help

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
kmhags #254082 05/13/14 08:36 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Yup, still here. Just got back from a trip to KC where I worked on editing the beta'd part. While it may be small, I might be able to work out a second part from it to tide you over. If not that then at least a teaser.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard