Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I heard this song for the first time tonight and for some strange reason thought it would make a funny L&C story.

Last Name by Carrie Underwood. (Personally, with these lyrics, this video could have been much funnier.)

Here are the Lyrics .

Now, I can think of three possible story lines off the top of my head

1) Lois does something stupid while under the influence. (And why does that make me think of a Mrs. Luthor story? wink )...

2) Lucy Lane does this and Lois jumps in to big sister her.

3) What if L&C met THIS way? evil (Although, this isn't my go-to idea for this song, because I know fic have been done along similar themes before... although, I think -- please correct me if I'm wrong -- they've all dealt with L&C already knowing each other. Of course, the biggest hurdle would be to figure out how to intoxicate Clark.)

Enjoy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
You want a drunk Clark? It just so happens that one of my favorites addresses that very issue: BJ's Wasted Revelations . It won Kerths last year for Best WAFFy and Best Comedy. thumbsup

I've written a couple of stories where Lois gets wasted, but the only dumb thing she does is get a tattoo of Superman's 'S' and then drunk dial Clark. ( Last Call Casualty )

I swear there's a story out there that has Lois and Clark meeting first in a bar. I think it's Caroline K's Stardust . I don't think they get drunk, though. Still, it's an awesome story and it, too, won Kerths. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sue, thanks for the recommendations. I think I read your story during one of my procrastination bouts. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
I love the idea of trying to get Clark intoxicated because he's always so "in control" of himself and responsible. Bumping into a drunk Clark at the bar would be like bumping into your teacher at a strip club. Soooooo hilariously awkward! -true story wink

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I love the idea of trying to get Clark intoxicated because he's always so "in control" of himself and responsible. Bumping into a drunk Clark at the bar would be like bumping into your teacher at a strip club. Soooooo hilariously awkward! -true story wink
You should read BJ's Wasted Revelations (link above) that Sue recommended. I just finished it and it fits that description perfectly. She came up with the perfect method, time and place for Clark to get plastered. clap Superb!

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] I love the idea of trying to get Clark intoxicated because he's always so "in control" of himself and responsible. Bumping into a drunk Clark at the bar would be like bumping into your teacher at a strip club. Soooooo hilariously awkward! -true story wink
You should read BJ's Wasted Revelations (link above) that Sue recommended. I just finished it and it fits that description perfectly. She came up with the perfect method, time and place for Clark to get plastered. clap Superb! [/b]
On it, boss!

.talk nerdy to me.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the recs, guys.

Also, you could read Shayne Terry's Family Hour . A young Lois and Clark meet in a bar when they are young and, well... you'll see.

Actually, I think the lyrics fit equally well for those PML adaptations out there where Superman is also affected, like Nan Smith's Pheromone .

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
3) What if L&C met THIS way?... Of course, the biggest hurdle would be to figure out how to intoxicate Clark.
Then don't. Have them meet in Paris, Lois having taken a Benzo in prep for a return flight after her near death in the Congo. Still upset at not getting a story and almost getting killed.
Almost getting killed and getting the story is OK in Lois Lane's world but almost getting killed and not getting the story. NO
wildguy

Being called home by Perry, connecting flight delayed. Clark is at the airport on his way somewhere but doing a flight to provide stamps for his passport.

Clark meets Lois, who is stoned on her Benzo, Clark of course is sledge hammered by just meeting her. They end up married but Lois wakes up with benzo memory holes and leaves and is on the plane before she realizes she has a ring on. Bits and pieces come back to her on the flight.

Clark goes to the congo following up on what Lois told him which dove tales with Lois's notes and things come together.

Lois lands in Metropolis late Friday and goes home. Monday she arrives at work to applause for her congo story. Which Clark finished from her notes and his follow up and sent to Perry with a join byline, the first by "Lois Lane and Clark Kent".

Before running it he checked out Kent's credentials so he knows more about Kent then Lois does.

Next Clark has to follow her to Metropolis and invent Superman.

Framework4
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Framework4:
[b]3) What if L&C met THIS way?... Of course, the biggest hurdle would be to figure out how to intoxicate Clark.
Then don't. Have them meet in Paris, Lois having taken a Benzo in prep for a return flight after her near death in the Congo. Still upset at not getting a story and almost getting killed.
Almost getting killed and getting the story is OK in Lois Lane's world but almost getting killed and not getting the story. NO
wildguy

Being called home by Perry, connecting flight delayed. Clark is at the airport on his way somewhere but doing a flight to provide stamps for his passport.

Clark meets Lois, who is stoned on her Benzo, Clark of course is sledge hammered by just meeting her. They end up married but Lois wakes up with benzo memory holes and leaves and is on the plane before she realizes she has a ring on. Bits and pieces come back to her on the flight.

Clark goes to the congo following up on what Lois told him which dove tales with Lois's notes and things come together.

Lois lands in Metropolis late Friday and goes home. Monday she arrives at work to applause for her congo story. Which Clark finished from her notes and his follow up and sent to Perry with a join byline, the first by "Lois Lane and Clark Kent".

Before running it he checked out Kent's credentials so he knows more about Kent then Lois does.

Next Clark has to follow her to Metropolis and invent Superman. [/b]
Now this I like! Somebody please write this!!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard