Print Thread
#133827 05/03/09 03:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Lois & Clark (and by extention Superman) did not exist, how would events have transpired in their world? What would happen to Perry, Jimmy, Jonathan, Martha, Dr. Klien, Luthor, random villians, etc? How is thier world different without a Superman? And how does it effect elsewhere in the world, like Gotham City and other such places? What would their world be like without them?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F

After hundreds years the Sunlight was again able to reach the surface of the Earth.

It was a barren world, devoid of life, nothing had survived the asteroid impact in 1993.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
If this weren't so sad, it'd almost be cute. thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think it'll be like our world huh , with it's good guys and it's bad guys, everyone trying to cope and make better with things that happen (i.e natural disasters, injustice, poverty) - well at least I'd like to think we try to do something about it...

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Until the EE (Extinction Event) of 1993. laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
Kerth
Not necessarily - the Nightfall asteroid didn't hit any of the alternate worlds Lois or Clark visited, so maybe it was somehow dragged there by the passage of Clark's ship - a minute alteration in the course of an asteroid that would have otherwise missed the Earth completely.

That doesn't explain why it didn't happen in the worlds that DID have some version of Clark, but maybe the L&C world is a statistical outlier, and the whole Nightfall thing was very unlikely.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I thought L&C only visited one other alternate world, and I don't recall anything being said about whether Nightfall occurred there or not. Am I forgetting something?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Kerth
Kerth
THere were at least two - one of them was the one where an ancestor of Lois married Baron Tempus and (I think) the US stayed British with Tempus as king - sorry, it's a long time since I've seen that one. They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.
Or the writers were lazy.

There are some tales in the archive wherein Clark was lied to and discovered Nightfall had never been a threat.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
There were at least two - one of them was the one where an ancestor of Lois married Baron Tempus and (I think) the US stayed British with Tempus as king - sorry, it's a long time since I've seen that one. They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.
That wasn't an alternate universe--that was our L&C going back in time in their own universe to sort out a curse that happened in their past incarnations.

The only alt-world that was visited in the show was the one where Lois helped the Clark there to become Superman, and he ended up not marrying Lana Lang. Later on, that world's Clark visited the main L&C universe, when this Clark was temporarily lost.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That wasn't an alternate universe--that was our L&C going back in time in their own universe to sort out a curse that happened in their past incarnations.
True. But because of their actions in the past, they ended up returning not to our world, but to an alternate one, where, as Marcus notes, there were several notable differences. Tempus being King, for example, and Lois being engaged to him.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not necessarily - the Nightfall asteroid didn't hit any of the alternate worlds Lois or Clark visited, so maybe it was somehow dragged there by the passage of Clark's ship
Before I got to your post, Marcus, I was thinking that perhaps the Clark of the alternate world (from the show) did help destroy the asteroid - but no one knew what had happened. That's what happened in Carol's story, Shaken Not Stirred - that story is set in another alternate world.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
There's been a number of other fics as well where a non-Superman Clark took care of Nightfall. Nan has a series [the titles of which I'm forgetting at the moment]. So that's always possible.

Carol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My thoughts were that Nightfall was knocked off it's original course by Clark's ship....

So is anyone interested in writing my challenge?

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard