Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anonymous If They Weren't There.... - 05/03/09 07:21 AM
If Lois & Clark (and by extention Superman) did not exist, how would events have transpired in their world? What would happen to Perry, Jimmy, Jonathan, Martha, Dr. Klien, Luthor, random villians, etc? How is thier world different without a Superman? And how does it effect elsewhere in the world, like Gotham City and other such places? What would their world be like without them?
Posted By: Framework4 Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/03/09 01:39 PM

After hundreds years the Sunlight was again able to reach the surface of the Earth.

It was a barren world, devoid of life, nothing had survived the asteroid impact in 1993.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/04/09 02:35 AM
If this weren't so sad, it'd almost be cute. thumbsup
Posted By: Carolyn Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/08/09 07:20 AM
I think it'll be like our world huh , with it's good guys and it's bad guys, everyone trying to cope and make better with things that happen (i.e natural disasters, injustice, poverty) - well at least I'd like to think we try to do something about it...

Carolyn smile
Posted By: Dandello Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/08/09 09:23 AM
Until the EE (Extinction Event) of 1993. laugh
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/08/09 03:50 PM
Not necessarily - the Nightfall asteroid didn't hit any of the alternate worlds Lois or Clark visited, so maybe it was somehow dragged there by the passage of Clark's ship - a minute alteration in the course of an asteroid that would have otherwise missed the Earth completely.

That doesn't explain why it didn't happen in the worlds that DID have some version of Clark, but maybe the L&C world is a statistical outlier, and the whole Nightfall thing was very unlikely.
Posted By: sheilah Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/08/09 11:35 PM
I thought L&C only visited one other alternate world, and I don't recall anything being said about whether Nightfall occurred there or not. Am I forgetting something?
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/09/09 02:57 AM
THere were at least two - one of them was the one where an ancestor of Lois married Baron Tempus and (I think) the US stayed British with Tempus as king - sorry, it's a long time since I've seen that one. They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/09/09 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.
Or the writers were lazy.

There are some tales in the archive wherein Clark was lied to and discovered Nightfall had never been a threat.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/10/09 09:47 AM
There were at least two - one of them was the one where an ancestor of Lois married Baron Tempus and (I think) the US stayed British with Tempus as king - sorry, it's a long time since I've seen that one. They don't say anything about Nightfall in the main Alt universe, which suggests that it was a non-event.
That wasn't an alternate universe--that was our L&C going back in time in their own universe to sort out a curse that happened in their past incarnations.

The only alt-world that was visited in the show was the one where Lois helped the Clark there to become Superman, and he ended up not marrying Lana Lang. Later on, that world's Clark visited the main L&C universe, when this Clark was temporarily lost.
Posted By: LabRat Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/10/09 02:35 PM
That wasn't an alternate universe--that was our L&C going back in time in their own universe to sort out a curse that happened in their past incarnations.
True. But because of their actions in the past, they ended up returning not to our world, but to an alternate one, where, as Marcus notes, there were several notable differences. Tempus being King, for example, and Lois being engaged to him.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/10/09 10:14 PM
Not necessarily - the Nightfall asteroid didn't hit any of the alternate worlds Lois or Clark visited, so maybe it was somehow dragged there by the passage of Clark's ship
Before I got to your post, Marcus, I was thinking that perhaps the Clark of the alternate world (from the show) did help destroy the asteroid - but no one knew what had happened. That's what happened in Carol's story, Shaken Not Stirred - that story is set in another alternate world.
Posted By: carolm Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/11/09 08:14 AM
There's been a number of other fics as well where a non-Superman Clark took care of Nightfall. Nan has a series [the titles of which I'm forgetting at the moment]. So that's always possible.

Carol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: If They Weren't There.... - 05/11/09 08:41 AM
My thoughts were that Nightfall was knocked off it's original course by Clark's ship....

So is anyone interested in writing my challenge?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards