Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#133783 02/24/09 10:48 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I wouldn't call that positive... :p

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#133784 02/26/09 10:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Actually, I can see a certain amount of potential here:

"Harry, you must kill Lord Voldemort. You are the only one who can!"

"NO! My dad says that's it's wrong to kill."

Let's see how Dumbledore, with all his second chances and offers of redemption to the Dung Eaters, reacts when he meets someone with a moral code that makes his look tawdry -- which, IMO, it is. evil

But that doesn't mean that Moldieshorts has to get off scot free... There's more than one way to deal with Tommy-boy, as shown by a rather good story I've read that crosses HP with UNIT -- not the Doctor, "just" an expanded UNIT, headed by "the Brig" (he's a General by then, but everyone still calls him the Brig).

And I just had an evil idea... Let's send Tommy-boy to New Krypton (sans wand, of course). He'll spend most of his time just trying to survive under the heavy gravity and red sunlight (Vitamin A and D deficiencies, anyone?), and they'll have to put up with him and won't be able to get rid of him because he'll keep shorting out the electrical systems of their ships (and, if they're unlucky, of their life support systems on that rock, too).

How sad. laugh Boo-hoo. wink

Phil, more than happy to get out his OLL&BC hat to deal with ol' Moldie, the ferrets and Snivellus... wildguy

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
#133785 04/05/09 04:29 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just thought of a weird variant on this - Voldemort came to power on Krypton, not Earth. Think of Jor-El and Lara as James and Lillie (interesting they have the same initials). Unfortunately with Voldemort's death various world-shattering magics activated, and Kal-El was fired off to Earth to save his life. He's vulnerable to magic on Earth because he comes from a magical society. New Krypton is inhabited by the last Death Eaters, there probably isn't an organised magical community on Earth, though there are occasional powerful self-taught wizards.

Needs some work, but maybe the germ of an idea.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#133786 09/08/09 08:49 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Someone has done the reverse of this - Harry with Superman's powers:

http://captain-emily.livejournal.com/43412.html

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl