Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Harry Kent? - 02/17/09 04:12 AM
Another weird idea which I think speaks for itself - the child left on the doorstep at the end of S4 is Harry Potter. Something nasty happened to the Dursleys before Harry could be left with them, Lois and her parents are now his closest living relatives, and Dumbledore thought Lois was the most likely to protect him. The blanket is just a coincidence, they're made in Taiwan under license from the Superman Foundation and sold globally. Lois has no idea of her magical connection.

The baby initially has no super-powers, but he's a powerful wizard and the desire to be "like Daddy" might have some odd results...
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Harry Kent? - 02/17/09 09:25 AM
...he's a powerful wizard and the desire to be "like Daddy" might have some odd results
LOL!

Sounds pretty interesting and funny! Hope someone can write it.

Carolyn smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Harry Kent? - 02/17/09 10:06 AM
I love this idea. I hope someone writes it....
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Harry Kent? - 02/17/09 01:16 PM
I second that. Would love to read about it. Imagine the look on Lois' or Clark's face when Junior does something 'super'.

Oh, about that scar on Harry's forehead: I just hope Lois and Clark don't figure little Harry has some connection to the Flash, though... eek
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 02/17/09 02:27 PM
I should probably mention that I've seen stories along similar lines in various other fandoms, some of them REALLY bad, but none of the other fandoms actually has a baby left on the doorstep in canon. Lois and Clark does.
Posted By: TOC Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 08:32 AM
I, too, would love to see this story. Of course I hope that Lois would turn out to have magical powers of her own, much to Clark's surprise! laugh

Ann
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 03:32 PM
Didn't we have a vignette of that kind? Where the son of LnC expects an owl? (Wasn't that Marcus', too?)

But I guess it would be really cool if Lois was a witch because this way, she might be able to actually hurt Clark. He better behave!
Posted By: Tank Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 04:47 PM
You could always work 'the magic' into Lois via Charmed. I always thought that Alyssa Milano and Teri Hathcher shared a passing resemblance.

Long lost cousins?

Tank (who wonders what the catalyst would be to 'release' Lois' naiscient powers)
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 05:37 PM
Can't help thinking that an "ugly duckling" approach with L & C initially knowing nothing about magic, and thinking that the son's powers are Kryptonian in origin ("You never know, it might be that all normal Kryptonians can move their toys with their minds, you missed the gene or something...") might be more fun.
Posted By: Dandello Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 06:23 PM
And talking to snakes?

"Uh, Clark, Harry's having another conversation with the garden snake. I thought you said you didn't know any animal languages?"
Posted By: bobbart Re: Harry Kent? - 02/18/09 08:13 PM
I just can't resist a "me too" post on this. There is just SO much potential here.

Someone just has to write this story.

Bob
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Harry Kent? - 02/19/09 07:10 AM
I'd love this story toi be written.

James
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 02/19/09 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Didn't we have a vignette of that kind? Where the son of LnC expects an owl? (Wasn't that Marcus', too?)
Sorry, meant to answer and forgot. Yes, it's one of mine, Owls Over Metropolis .
Posted By: GamesAway Re: Harry Kent? - 02/21/09 10:24 AM
Harry Potter with Lois and Clark??? Definitely different! I love both these worlds - but together? Witches, magic and Super heroes...(Lois hates Halloween) Would have to be some fantasy alt-world.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Harry Kent? - 02/21/09 10:49 AM
I've written a Harry Potter/ Lois & Clark crossover if anyone wants to read it. It's on the Archive here: Far From Home

Enjoy!!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 02/22/09 04:32 AM
Originally posted by L&C-Fan:
I've written a Harry Potter/ Lois & Clark crossover if anyone wants to read it. It's on the Archive here: Far From Home

Enjoy!!
I must have missed that one... goes off and reads.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Harry Kent? - 02/23/09 10:30 PM
I liked "Far From Home" but couldn't believe who you killed off! (Not saying here, not spoiling...)
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Harry Kent? - 02/24/09 02:29 AM
This story deserves the ultimate deathfic warning.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Harry Kent? - 02/24/09 10:41 AM
Thanks. I have other non Lois & Clark stories on Fanfiction.Net. I'm on there as Fanficwriter81....
Posted By: TOC Re: Harry Kent? - 02/24/09 10:42 AM
This story deserves the ultimate deathfic warning.
I don't know... You-know-who doesn't die!!! laugh

Ann
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Harry Kent? - 02/24/09 02:48 PM
I wouldn't call that positive... :p
Posted By: Tarkas Re: Harry Kent? - 02/26/09 02:42 PM
Actually, I can see a certain amount of potential here:

"Harry, you must kill Lord Voldemort. You are the only one who can!"

"NO! My dad says that's it's wrong to kill."

Let's see how Dumbledore, with all his second chances and offers of redemption to the Dung Eaters, reacts when he meets someone with a moral code that makes his look tawdry -- which, IMO, it is. evil

But that doesn't mean that Moldieshorts has to get off scot free... There's more than one way to deal with Tommy-boy, as shown by a rather good story I've read that crosses HP with UNIT -- not the Doctor, "just" an expanded UNIT, headed by "the Brig" (he's a General by then, but everyone still calls him the Brig).

And I just had an evil idea... Let's send Tommy-boy to New Krypton (sans wand, of course). He'll spend most of his time just trying to survive under the heavy gravity and red sunlight (Vitamin A and D deficiencies, anyone?), and they'll have to put up with him and won't be able to get rid of him because he'll keep shorting out the electrical systems of their ships (and, if they're unlucky, of their life support systems on that rock, too).

How sad. laugh Boo-hoo. wink

Phil, more than happy to get out his OLL&BC hat to deal with ol' Moldie, the ferrets and Snivellus... wildguy
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 04/05/09 08:29 AM
Just thought of a weird variant on this - Voldemort came to power on Krypton, not Earth. Think of Jor-El and Lara as James and Lillie (interesting they have the same initials). Unfortunately with Voldemort's death various world-shattering magics activated, and Kal-El was fired off to Earth to save his life. He's vulnerable to magic on Earth because he comes from a magical society. New Krypton is inhabited by the last Death Eaters, there probably isn't an organised magical community on Earth, though there are occasional powerful self-taught wizards.

Needs some work, but maybe the germ of an idea.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Harry Kent? - 09/09/09 12:49 AM
Someone has done the reverse of this - Harry with Superman's powers:

http://captain-emily.livejournal.com/43412.html
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards