------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#132614 11/27/07 12:10 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
The story so far...

"Lois, can we talk?" Clark asked, nervously fiddling with his remote. "I need you to try not to get mad. I want to tell you that Perry has decided to partner us for the story on the polygamous religious cult."

"Polygamous religious cult?" Lois exclaimed."What kind of person would... Look, we're engaged for Elvis' sake!

"But we'd need another spouse"

"Ralph, I'd quit while ahead!!!" Jimmy snapped at Ralph who grunted and turned away hastily.

"How about Cat?" suggested Clark.

"No," Lois snapped. "No way."

Jimmy and Ralph looked at each other competitively. "what about me!" they both shouted simultaneously.

Lois gave Ralph a disgusting snort, dragging Jimmy over to Clark.

"Jimmy's.... well... Jimmy. Do you think he'll do?" she asked.

"I'll do fine." Jimmy winked at Clark. "Besides," he said, "I look good in skirts."

"Elvis wore skirts for charity once" Perry said, as he entered the room with his top lead. "Explosion on Clinton Street!"

"What? Clinton street?" Lois rushed, "No! My fish! My novel!"

"Relax, it's a long street," Clark called out, running behind her.

"You're living at Clark's?" Ralph's suspicious voice followed as ...

CG
------------

#132615 11/27/07 08:31 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
they rushed out of the

#132616 11/27/07 01:47 PM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
newsroom.

"Lois, honey! Wait!" Clark

CG
------------

#132617 11/27/07 02:53 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
exclaimed, racing after his little tornado.

(I know this is 6 words; but hey little tornado is a proper noun name right? wink smile

Mona

#132618 11/27/07 03:31 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Their friends were left wondering

Oh yeah little tornando is definetly a noun wink . Is anybody else wondering how is it that Jimmy knows he looks good in a skirt.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#132619 11/27/07 03:45 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
who's gonna be the lucky

(sorry about gonna but the rules do say only 5 words- we say 'gonna' a lot in aussieland.. do u say that over is USland too?)

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#132620 11/27/07 03:46 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The story so far...
"Lois, can we talk?" Clark asked, nervously fiddling with his remote. "I need you to try not to get mad. I want to tell you that Perry has decided to partner us for the story on the polygamous religious cult."

"Polygamous religious cult?" Lois exclaimed."What kind of person would... Look, we're engaged for Elvis' sake!

"Ralph, I'd quit while ahead!!!" Jimmy snapped at Ralph who grunted and turned away hastily.

Jimmy and Ralph looked at each other competitively. "what about me!" they both shouted simultaneously.

"I'll do fine." Jimmy winked at Clark. "Besides," he said, "I look good in skirts."

"Elvis wore skirts for charity once" Perry said, as he entered the room with his top lead. "Explosion on Clinton Street!"

"You're living at Clark's?" Ralph's suspicious voice followed as they rushed out of the newsroom.

"Lois, honey! Wait!" Clark exclaimed, racing after his little tornado. Their friends were left wondering who's gonna be the lucky...
The next 5 words are:

third wheel. Jimmy fervently wished...

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#132621 11/27/07 06:26 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
that he hadn't mentioned skirts,

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
#132622 11/27/07 06:28 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
This is just my two cents but : isn't Cat on the East Coast when they get engaged? And I completely forgot that it wasn't Lois' apartment at Clinton. Sorry. And I am not sure about "little tornado" there. :p But yay I have been immortalised in fiction - finally!

Cheers, The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
#132623 11/27/07 08:16 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
however comfortable they may be

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#132624 11/27/07 08:44 PM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
The story so far...

"You're living at Clark's?" Ralph's suspicious voice followed as they rushed out of the newsroom.

"Lois, honey! Wait!" Clark exclaimed, racing after his little tornado. Their friends were left wondering who's gonna be the lucky third wheel.

Jimmy fervently wished that he hadn't mentioned skirts, however comfortable they may be.

Lois ran all the way

CG
------------

#132625 11/27/07 11:23 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
between the elevator and Jeep

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#132626 11/27/07 11:26 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NOTE:

it all depends on whether or not Little-Tornado is hyphenated (for this challenge I would hyphenate it to make 5 words,

just as you can make CANNOT into Can Not, Cannot, and Can't===all meaning exactly the same thing = and Can Not v.'s Cannot only depending on the writer's preference, with the use of can't depending on formal or informal circumstances)

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#132627 11/28/07 12:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
because Perry was eyeing him

OT: (re Jimmy and the skirts - perhaps it's because Jimmy's only half Scandinavian? and wears a kilt when he plays the bagpipes at his mom's family reunions?)

#132628 11/28/07 01:41 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Lois ran all the way between the elevator and Jeep because Perry was eyeing *him*?

Clark caught up with her

CG
------------

#132629 11/28/07 02:32 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OK Coolgirl, I'll try and solve this riddle:

Jimmy fervently wished that he hadn't mentioned skirts, because Perry was eyeing him , however comfortable they may be

Lois ran all the way between the elevator and Jeep. Clark caught up with her......

and to turn this into better English

Jimmy fervently wished that he hadn't mentioned skirts, because Perry was eyeing him strangely, and humming----*INSERT SONG ABOUT A DRAG QUEEN HERE****---------- , however comfortable they may be

#132630 11/28/07 02:35 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In summation:
the story so far....

[i]"Lois, can we talk?" Clark asked, nervously fiddling with his remote. "I need you to try not to get mad. I want to tell you that Perry has decided to partner us for the story on the polygamous religious cult."

"Lois, honey! Wait!" Clark exclaimed, racing after his little tornado. Their friends were left wondering who's gonna be the lucky third wheel.

Jimmy fervently wished that he hadn't mentioned skirts, however comfortable they may be, because Perry was eyeing him strangely, and humming----*INSERT SONG ABOUT A DRAG QUEEN HERE****----------

Lois ran all the way between the elevator and the jeep. Clark caught up with her....[/i[

#132631 11/28/07 02:37 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NOTE:
Does anyone know any songs about drag queens or cross dressers...

something from Priscilla Queen of the Desert would be great, but (although ashamed as an Aussie to admit this) I have never seen the film, and don't know any of the songs so....

suggestions are welcome,
that post was an attempt to fix the mixup that occurred (see cool-girl's post)

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard