Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131992 06/07/07 03:15 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, so I was reading the "Deleted Scenes" from a recent fic, and it got the wheels in mah head turnin'.

We know that there's just something about Lois Lane...Men, especially powerful men, have a habit of being attracted to her. However, she can also be a bit...much...for some guys to tolerate. wink

So...I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

Just how would your average Superhero fare on a date with Lois Lane?

A date---Not a relationship, Just ONE Teensy little date, with hardly so much as a goodnight kiss at the end.

How would Batman or Green Arrow handle Lois Lane at her best, her worst, her most furious? Would Nightwing listen to her babble and secretly love it? Or would he and Aquaman decide that the dame is just nuts?

And just how far away will Clark's spleen land, after he explodes? I'll guess 5.3 miles... goofy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lol! I'd love to read one like this. Unfortunately the only other superhero I have any idea about is Spider-man... Say... would it be cheating to cross Marvel/DC universes? I'm not sure Peter Parker could take Lois Lane, but it'd sure be fun to find out. I might try and write that if I'm not committing a terrible comic-crossover sin. goofy Cool idea!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh!!!! *rubs hands together* this sounds like it's right up my alley. hehehe! laugh

Lemme think about this for a minute or two (or a day...) and I'll see if I can come up with something.

ETA: Laura, I think you're fine with Spidey. I like to say he doesn't exist since Marvel is a different universe, but there are a few cross-overs with him in them and I really don't think it's a sin at all. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Just how would your average Superhero fare on a date with Lois Lane?

How would ... Green Arrow handle Lois Lane at her best, her worst, her most furious? Would ...Aquaman decide that the dame is just nuts?
Hmm, interesting in view of the way Smallville has been doing this. Thus far Lois has a couple of dates with Aquaman and a brief fling with Green Arrow.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I hate to say it laugh but Smallville's been kinda interesting this last season.

That said... I've no idea how true-to-the-comics their Aquaman or Green Arrow is, *but* Smallville!Lois is only very distantly related to *our* Lois, character-wise, so things would definitely be different.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Maybe everyone interested should write one story with just another superhero?

I, for once, would like to see Martian Manhunter on a date with Lois. What would he think - if he ever picked up on some of her thoughts? Or the Flash? Always running off for milliseconds, only a gust of wind giving him away? Or, come to think of it: Booster Gold? Blue Beetle? Ironman? Thor? The Human Torch?

As you can see, I don't think it's a sin to write a Marvel/DC crossover. Not since I read an official JLA/Avengers crossover which happened to be excellent.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
All of those ideas sound really fun Olympe, unfortuantely I know next to nothing about them. Lol. So someone else will have to pick up that particular torch... On the Spider-man/Lois side, I actually got an idea and I started writing it... But it's a little different than I think this challenge intended. But we'll see! Hopefully I can finish it up in the next few days and post it for you guys to see for yourselves!

Hopefully

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Martian Manhunter? *giggles madly* I've got an idea. wink

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay!!! Takers! dance

And Marvel heroes are welcome. smile

In fact, the mentions of Spidey made me think of the DC VERSUS MARVEL crossover in the comics. Ben Riley, apparently a clone of Pete who was acting as Spiderman at the time, wound up in Metropolis and at some point tried to ask Lois out. Alas, the lady was engaged...to a very large man... laugh

Fortunately, Spidey was not pitted against Supes in the Ultimate Universal Cage Match that followed. wink

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Personally, when thinking of Lois and Peter Parker together, I always remember the first Superman/Spider-Man crossover way back in the pre-Crisis days. A big press convention was being held in New York, and Morgan Edge, then owner of the DP and the WGBS TV station, brought L&C along.

For some reason, there was a huge mock-up (shades of Bill Finger) of a NASA space station that was due to be launched soon (can you spell McGuffin, boys and girls? laugh ) and Lois climbed up onto a gantry to get a better look at it, but her heels weren't the best thing for that and she began to slip... only to be promptly rescued by Peter, who was up on the same gantry taking photos. After a short hey-I-know-you conversation, they climbed back down, to be met by a rather catty Mary Jane who was not at all impressed to see Lois hanging around her boyfriend. Of course, having got the two women together, the writers promptly had them kidnapped by a fake Superman!

An interesting thing about the interaction between the three characters was that Lois was depicted, both in the script and the art, as being significantly older than Peter and MJ -- say, late twenties/early thirties compared to early twenties; in fact, at one point, Lois "defends" herself against MJ's snarky remarks by asking the redhead if she didn't think Peter was a little young for her. That age range for Lois makes sense when one remembers that, at the time, Superman was supposed to be 34.

As far the other candidates go, I'm presuming that you mean the date is with their civilian identities (Batman does not go on dates -- except possibly with Catwoman wink ). In that case, Bruce Wayne would treat her much as Luthor did (think along the lines of the opera date in Pretty Woman) in terms of fine food, lavish entertainment, etc., but personal interaction between them would depend on just how interested Bruce was: if this was a one-time thing, never to be repeated, with no repercussions, then the Fop would likely make his appearance; if there was more to it, then more of the real Bruce might be seen -- and he likes strong, independent women. Much the same could be said for Tony Stark (Iron Man).

Oliver Queen, if he still had his money, might do much the same, except that his playboy persona isn't much of a mask. He can be shallow, and he is a bit of an MCP, so there could be fireworks. If we're talking about the later, poorer Ollie (then where's Dinah?), the date might be quite different -- a ball game, say -- and just about anything could happen. I could see Lois trying to interview him if he's involved in some kind of social activist thing that has come to her notice, and he might decide that the date was the price of the interview.

J'Onn... well, now that would be a mutual study session. Quite which of his many human personae might date Lois for whatever reason is something that would give an author a wide range of possibilities, but whoever he's being at the time would find Lois a fascinating example of the human female, someone to study as thoroughly (and as unobtrusively) as possible as part of his continuing quest to understand and connect with the people of his new homeworld. Fun, but unlikely to be action-packed... :rolleyes:

Aquaman would treat the whole thing as an interview right from the start. Kings are like that. :p

Lots more possibilities, but here's one that could be funny if Jimmy was also around -- Thor in his third secret ID of Jake Olson, paramedic. I really must get around to writing Thunder Over Metropolis some time... wink

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really must get around to writing Thunder Over Metropolis some time... wink
Yeah you should! I would definitely read that. I love Thor! laugh

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I had the original giant format comic that Tarkas refers to. In the intervening years, I lost it, but I bought the regular format reprint. My favorite scene of the entire book was right after the fake Superman flies away with Lois and MJ. Peter Parker, in a state of near panic, grabs Clark Kent by the elbow and demands, "The phone booths! Where are the phone booths?" The next panel shows Peter glaring at what was at the time the new design of public phones, just plexiglass privacy dividers on either side of the phone and no doors.

I know that somebody in either Marvel or DC thought that was hysterical, and I have to agree with them. It's the strongest memory I have of that book, and when I tell people about it, they usually look at me with a condescending gaze and pat me on the arm and offer to get me something to soothe my nerves.

It's tough being a FOLC sometimes.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I also had the large format comic that Terry and Phil were talking about.

I think I sold it for a buck.

I can only think of one person (besides Clark/Superman)whom Lois should ever consider dating. That would be...

Tank (who is assuming that Lois' alternate date doesn't actually have to be a super hero)

Kerth
Kerth
Tank, only if she fancied a haircut! wink Otherwise, she'd make sure to stay faaaaar away from you.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard