Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LOL you guys! I was reading through going, 'Yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes..." <g>

Julie The Addict laugh

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Features Writer
Features Writer
You know you´re addicted when...

your boyfriend, who wears glasses, proposes to you and you have to hold yourself not to grab his glasses and ask: Who's asking? Clark or Superman?

rotflol

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Just a few more before I go to bed. laugh

• When you catch yourself almost looking up : jawdrop : in the thesarus because you're too stunned for words and you can't find the graemlins in WORD
  • When after spending way too much time in Lois's head while writing your WIP, you go to do something else, trip on your way there and *actually* say "Good one, Lois, good on...ohmygod..I'm a retard!"
  • When someone tells you something shocking and you try to say O-M-G, but it just doesn't sound right that way, so you stand there with your mouth hanging open

Sara (who probably shouldn't be allowed to post when she's this tired goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You know you're addicted when:

You print out so many stories that you're buying boxes of paper every two months.

You can refill the printer ink with your eyes closed.

It's essential to get your eyes examined because by the time you get to the end of a story everything is all blurry.

You have a stack of read stories that are too good to get rid of and too tall to file and you don't know what to do with them.

you turn stories over to print on the backs but you run out of paper before story, so you have to print on the back of another story, making it nearly impossible to every read the entire first story again.

You learn to read and drive at the same time

You ignore children who are camping beside you telling you that L&C aren't real, mom, they're not real. I'm real! PAY ATTENTION TO ME

You take stories to church and hide them in a church manual so you can read while the speakers are talking and only look like you're preparing a lesson.

you put up 20 hammocks in pretty spots throughout the woods just so you have places to be comfortable for reading LC stories when you're going for a walk...which you are only doing to make sure it doesn't look like you sit around reading all day!

You make sure you have enough pages of an unread story along whenever you go anywhere

You judge driving distance by how many pages it'll take to keep you occupied

you wonder why you're depressed, then realize it's because L&C are having a big fight in your current story

You're halfway through reading all the awarded stories in the archive and worry what you'll do when you get through the z's.

You feel out of the loop if you don't remember details of every story they chat about on mIRC

You organize your time around long story breaks

When people ask what you've been doing lately, all you can think to talk about is the stories you've read or how many pages you've written

when you don't mind losing your job because it'll give you more time to read anyway.

When you discover nature is so much bettter when you read as you walk

when winter and clouds don't bother you anymore, you can just stay inside and read without any silly excuses

when everything that is funny or that happens in RL can be woven into your current story

when you decide to go off it cold turkey, but you find you really can't, even when you want to.

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Pam,
Is FARCE a 12-step group? It sure looks like we need one here.

Frank - NO! I am NOT in denial.

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*Life is good, school has gone well, everything's fine and dandy, but you are depressed because you posted a chapter to a fic and haven't gotten any fdk all day.

~•~
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
  • When you have to keep yourself from laughing in the voting booth because their example flier lists John Doe as a write-in candidate
  • When your Journalism professor assigns you to find an investigative piece, one that you need to file a public records request for, and the first thing that comes to mind is, "Isn't that Jimmy's job?"

Sara (who managed to make it all the way to the car before she started laughing about John Doe)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
When you talk to people out of mirc and starts ur sentences like: "/me ..."

When you cant think of anything else to list , but you still wanna leave the topic open just in case you remember anything you missed.

MDL goofy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
When you use fan fiction as a "warm up" before you start studying for a test.

Melisa

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
dance YES, that's so true, Melisa!

...and you know you're hopelessly addicted when that 'warm up' fic turns into hours of reading fic after fic, and you suddenly come to the jarring realization that it's 3 in the morning and you must give up sleep to cram or else you will fail!

Mirage smile

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You mean this really happens to other people besides me!!! eek Wow!!!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When you go to switch off the computer, just before going to bed, and notice that a favourite author has just replied to the comments for her last post, and ended with the statement 'Part 3 coming up shortly', so you put off going to bed and hope she really means 'shortly' and not 'in the next couple of hours'....

Helga

P.S. Just checked and she really did mean shortly, yay!

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Columnist
Columnist
When you check the boards 3 or 4 times a day to see if anything new has been posted.

When you download and save all the stories to zip disk and burn new backup CDs once a week to make sure you don't loose any of the stories.

When you take your laptop computer with you when you travel just so you can read L&C stories.

I use to print them out on paper but I got to feeling guilty about all the trees I was killing so now I download them and save to zip disks and burn CDs and read them on my computer screen. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When you're dead tired after performing in a play...but the day just isn't complete until you're caught up on all the new posts.

JD
:p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-you can type the mbs URL faster that you can make it out.

-your best friend offers you a teddy bear and ask about how you're gonna name it, you just shrugs and answers "Clark, of course!", which leads to big laughing time since she's well aware of your FoLC status.

-you sprinkle your snail mails with emoticons.

-you tell your mother not to Ellen you when she becomes a bit overbearing.

-You confidently reply ‘I wasn’t in the mood’ when your boss wonders what happened to the trade show he assigned you.

-at some point LCTNAOS+ the boards truly were your lifesavers.

-When traveling abroad (regardless of the country) you just think 'Hey! There are at least 2, 4, 10 (pick a number) FoLCs here!' to feel less lonely.

-it's way past bed (or is it waking up ?) time. All you need is 5 more minutes to finish the fanfic you’re reading. That’s when your conscience points out “five minutes?!! But you’ve just hit page 247 of "Masques!!”

-You accept every abroad assignent ‘cause you hate being grounded and the world’s so beautiful from up there.

-When going through the FT pages, you suddenly become cautious around the Lex column.

-You either think, dreams, talks or replies in english instead of your mother tongue.

-You almost LOLed when a colleague in need of english/mothertongue translation greets you with a « who speaks a supergood english ? » and you answer « me, but I’ve got superotherurgentthingstodofirst ».

-you know more about your FoLC friends life than your relatives one OR your e-friends know you better than your closes relatives.

-when messing up with a cooking recipee you peptalk yourself with a « don’t worry, you can’t be worse than Lois in a kitchen ».

-you think than beating your personal off the Net record is MI.

-you had an aversion for anything Superhero related and now you track down every single thing on the subject.

-When listening to a song, you think “oh, that’s so LC!!”

-You ROTFL each time you hear the beginning of Spin Doctors's 'Jimmy Olsen Blues'.

-you consider buying a laptop.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
You feel like you're cheating on Lois and Clark because you also like MJ and Peter (even though it's not nearly as much)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Who's MJ and Peter?

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MJ (Mary Jane) Peter (Spiderman)

"tingley" TEEEEEEJ spider

Top Banana
Top Banana
...you're sitting around post-operation with only one working arm so you leave the fanfic site open for easy access.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
When you take your laptop computer with you when you travel just so you can read L&C stories.
Or...

you buy a laptop in order not to miss fanfic + the FoLCs while you're on vacation.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard