Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi FoLCs! It's finally here! Thanks for being patient. The title, "The Exquisite Corpse," also comes from a Surrealist game which is essentially this game we played here, only with drawings, not words. In essence, you get a "Frankenstein" of a story (or drawing, or poem, or whatever the case may be)!
Enjoy!!
--Wanda smile1

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

That was great!

It made no sense, of course, but that's fine. I'm half asleep and fading in and out of making sense myself. Which, as it happens, is (I think, at least) the perfect mood to be in when reading something like this. laugh

It was fun to try to guess the author as I went along, too (not that I really got any of them, or thought about it that seriously).

What was more fun was looking for the exact transition lines. Sometimes it was quite clear. Sometimes it took me a bit to be sure. At least once, I thought I'd seen a transition point, and then it turned out that the author had simply chosen to be extra ramdon. <g>

Have to say... CC your part stood out above it all. rotflol Poor, hung-over Clark. Love the image of him drinking his way out. I think that ending transition was the best of the lot. laugh

Great job, everyone! Some really fun stuff in there, and some very memorable situations. I don't want to go into more specifics, for fear of leaving anyone out (not to mention the sheer length this post would have to be...), but that was a really fun story.

Thanks to all the authors, and especially to Wanda for putting it all together!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent and ROFLy!! rotflol rotflol rotflol I can't say anything more; I'm seriously speechless. I just hope there'll be more stories of this kind in the future smile It was fun to participate!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1

It was fun trying to find the transitions; I recall asking myself "Why would Lois' mother take her to a brewery???"

CC, I liked your section so much that I had to go back and read it again. Could you maybe please consider expanding it into a full-sized fic? Pleeeeeeeeeze????
grovel grovel grovel

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
dizzy

Jose jump

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well that was...bizarre. rotflol rotflol

Well done, everyone!

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Who was he kidding? Clark’s eyes kept roaming up and down the length of Lois’ legs. “Uh, aren’t you chilly, Lois? Why don’t you put on your coat until we have to go?”
smile1 I *promise* I'll recognize you next time you write something anonymous!! wink

"It's an engagement ring, Lois! It's to show your love and faith, your pledge to get married... you can't have two!"
LOL!!

Lois licked her lips. "You should soak that before it dries - mulberry juice stains. Why don't you take your shirt off right away?"

"Uh - because this is a g-rated story?"
ROTFL!!!!

That's about where my comments stop, not because I didn't like the rest, but I'm getting dizzy reading this. dizzy <g>

Sara (who found this entertaining and disturbing at the same time cat )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
laugh rotflol sloppy

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol

What else can I say?

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My brain is addled. My Tang is tonguled.

CC, I'm with the others here.

Everyone: very good! Confusing! But good!

Wanda: How about another challenge? See if somebody can take all those lines and write one coherent story.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1

Wanda: How about another challenge? See if somebody can take all those lines and write one coherent story.
A fantastic idea! clap

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to read it three times, but I think I get the plot line now...kinda.

Actually, once I cheated and read ahead for the transition lines, things became a whole lot easier, if not exactly more clear. And I love the result. This very vivid, mish-mash of situations in many different voices.

Off the top of my head, and not certain who did what since I'm too lazy to go back and look: Lois asking Clark for two engagment rings. Ha! She makes a good point. Clark singing Evita to the treestump! Inspired. Lois winning the squid eating competion, and that whole bit with her charging across the street and Clark following in her wake making the usual apologies. Hee. (I did know that was you, Lab, couldn't miss it.) I loved the scene before my first line, Lois and Clark playing cards. It was cute and in character and had a really funny ending with the happy powder. Lois in the cheerleading outfit, set to fake it....ok. I've tapped out my memory banks.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my part! I can't take credit. That is entirely due to Wanda, who clearly gave me the best lines to work with.

As for continuing it...huh. Hm. (thinking noises) Well...since nothing leaps to mind, I am happy to offer the premise to any takers. Please, help yourself and enjoy! If I come up with anything in the meanwhile, I'll let you know. No reason we can't have a slew of drunken Superman fics, right?

Wanda, thank you for organizing. And to all authors who contributed: wonderful! I really enjoyed trying to guess who was who, finding where one picked up the thread from the next, and seeing what we did with what we had.

Cool exercise in utter confusion!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Been out of town and so just catching up here. smile
Lots of fun to read this finally ... very strange, curious, hilarious ... some great images laugh:
Wanda, don't know if you're going to submit this to the archive but if you are, could you delete that line that Sara pointed out in my section, please? It clearly didn't work as I'd intended. smile

cc malo

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Wanda, don't know if you're going to submit this to the archive but if you are, could you delete that line that Sara pointed out in my section, please? It clearly didn't work as I'd intended.
Eek Carol! I'm sorry! frown I didn't mean it to come out that way. I think the line works just fine within the contxet of your story. I was simply poking fun at the nature of the story because in the part before yours, he *was* in Metropolis laugh ...though now that I re-read...there *is* no way Superman could have known she was there (at least in Lois' POV goofy ) because she was with *Clark* not Superman and she doesn't know..yadda yadda. Silly me blush ! Imagine someone getting confused reading this story! Oops! blush

Sara (who thinks maybe she *shouldn't* have read this story on not much sleep goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay. I can't drink enough for this to make sense. laugh They're on Spencer's island the day after the perfume? confused Supes drinks gallons of beer and sleeps with Lois but doesn't remember anything about it? Lois thinks Clark and Supes are an item? huh

I think I could keep up if it was fleshed out into a gfic or an nfic. Please consider it. For the puzzle-impaired (like me). laugh

Columnist
Columnist
rotflol
LOL! That was one WEIRD story. But I loved it. Thanks everyone.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sara (who thinks maybe she *shouldn't* have read this story on not much sleep )
I think you should cut yourself some serious slack here, Sara. Ethnica has it right. Besides tired, you were most likely far too sober to appreciate the clear logic behind the entire Corpse. What we need is for Paul, he of the brilliant and yet warped enough mind to explain it to us. To sum it up in fifty words of less. There's a challenge.

Professor Hatman...you in the house?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sara (who thinks maybe she *shouldn't* have read this story on not much sleep )
Sara, that's the *only* way to have read Corpse. laugh

And please don't apologize for saying what you think! Honest reactions are very necessary things ... so keep it up. smile

cc malo

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with Ethnica and Sara. Oh yeah, and CC.

Personally, I think drunk, strung out on lack of sleep or on drugs is really the only way to read this one.... goofy

Of course, that way, it might actually make sense. Frightening thought! [Linked Image]

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Imagine someone getting confused reading this story!
Hey, if they don't get confused, we didn't do it right! laugh

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard