Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#127125 05/21/03 12:36 PM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
LOL! I laughed so loud a few times, it's a wonder my husband didn't come into the computer room to see what I was laughing at!

I found 36 cameos: Hazel (both in the title and the rabbit?), Merry, HatMan, LabRat, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Loriel, Alicia, Jose, Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Me laugh , Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, and Pam. The butterfly threw me off, though.

A few lines I just had to point out:

“Needs a haircut, though. I’ve always thought women look much more attractive with short hair.” Tank shrugged. “For some reason, not many of them agree with me. There’s this Wendy - we used to be together - she refused to cut her hair short. Even when I offered to do it for her.”
No cut for you? hehe

“Oh, Karen showed me how to get around that long ago,” Lois said with a shrug.
I'm a hacker! clap

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#127126 05/21/03 12:57 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Ok, this was really fun. My dad just walked by and asked me what I was doing writing down names on a piece of paper in front of the computer and laughing blush .

I saw Merry, HatMan, Tank, Wendy, Jose, Maria, Anna, Loriel, me smile , Tarkas, Barb, Rivka, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, and Pam. I also saw a rat probably for LabRat, a rabbit which might have been Hazel and someone called Clark a bumpkin. So I guess I saw 37 smile .

“Needs a haircut, though. I’ve always thought women look much more attractive with short hair.” Tank shrugged. “For some reason, not many of them agree with me. There’s this Wendy - we used to be together - she refused to cut her hair short. Even when I offered to do it for her.”
LOL! laugh

“Oh, Hatman’s not a user. He’s just... well, he seems to sleep a lot. And he has these weird dreams. Last time, he told me he’d seen hyenas running loose outside Chiara’s Diner.”

“Not half as weird as what I saw earlier, when I was wide awake!” Lois retorted. “You have a lot of explaining to do, Kent!”
This had me ROTFLMAO! rotflol

Such a cute story - and yay I got to make a cameo... even if I was a street name :p . It's definately better than being a pimp wink . I am definately glad that I'm not Kaethel smile .

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#127127 05/21/03 01:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh... i'd missed the bumpkin. still wondering if this sub-editor that was mentioned was supposed to be someone. let's see.. i saw in order:

merry, hatman, rat, tank, jose, wendy, anna, annette (anna's place), alica, loriel, hazel,(rabbit... which i'd have missed if not for irc spoilers), maria, rivka, tarkas, barb, karen,
meredith, sarah, annette again, elena, kaethel, xanabee, yvonne, kathy, annie, saskia, missy, shadow, tracey (shadow of a doubt), irene, james, ja-10, kaylle, trenna, laurach, jill, christina, chiara, el again, kae again, pam, wendy again, and ray.

did i miss anyone? and how do the double ones count?

and what's this about me being an unreliable source, huh? :p well, at least i'm not a hooker, a thug, an evil pimp, or anything like that.

anyway, some of the cameos were a streach, so i'm not sure if they really count. still, if i count everything, including all the doubles, i get 43 (unless you want to count "anna" as bananna, anna_b, another anna, and whover else i'm missing... wink ). oh, and i missed bumpkin, which brings it up to 46 (adding in two more annas).

i'd say all the cameos distracted me from the story, but, well... laugh

fun story, wendy.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#127128 05/21/03 01:36 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I didn't bother counting; I was laughing too hard.

Thank you for making me a restauranteur instead of a working girl! laugh The irony is that I probably make the world's worst meatloaf (even though I did offer to make it for Clark in some previous correspondence.)

Very funny, witty and hilarious. And yes, the cameos did distract quite a bit.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#127129 05/21/03 01:41 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Do I count, even though my displayed name is a pronoun rather than a name?

If so, I think you inadvertantly (or maybe not) included "me." smile1

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#127130 05/21/03 01:42 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy!!! That was hilarious, and wow, I'm impressed at how many of us you worked in there. goofy

[EDIT]: P.S. Karen and I figured out 2 more that we both missed - Ray and Sunshine. wave

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#127131 05/21/03 03:20 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
razz ...but that's far better than a part of the, ah, crowd... and at least it seems that I was an accurate snitch, at least! laugh

But Wendy, don't look here for refuge. And you are going to need a place to hide! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#127132 05/21/03 03:24 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
If I wasn't laughing so hard, I'd murder you. Not only am I a hooker, I'm also an alcoholic. <G>

I was laughing too hard to count, but there were tons and I think I caught almost all of them. I don't know how you managed to get us all in there. Amazing. And I have to admit that I was cracking up. Though I am reserving my right to be second in line (after only Kaethel) in the angry mob that's out to lynch you. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#127133 05/21/03 04:06 PM
Columnist
Columnist
This was cute, Wendy! Should have known you could pull off the haircut obsession of Tank's, the revelation, and tons of cameos all in one story. Here's a mini challenge in itself--add my screen name so that it actually works! Heck, I have trouble saying it! laugh But great story. Everything made sense, even if the main goal was to include everyone. Looking for more!

#127134 05/21/03 04:18 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Laughed my head off, although I haven't tried to count all the cameos yet.

Melisma (going back to read it again, here under her Rock - wondering if she's a snitch, a working girl, or what...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#127135 05/21/03 04:23 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ok, SQD, can anyone take up your challenge? wink

Because every time I see your nick, I flash on the following image.

Girl says to her little brother who is tickling her, "Stop! Quit! DON'T!" When he doesn't listen, she swats him. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#127136 05/21/03 06:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Crack. Me. Up. And how you managed to fit 30+ people in, I'm just like, notworthy notworthy Great job.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#127137 05/21/03 07:02 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, you are a seriously disturbed woman. goofy

I admit that I found it a little over a top -- I didn't really read it as a story, but rather as a cameo count. This was a case of "Would you like some fic with your cameo?" rather than the other way round. goofy

BTW, Paul mentioned:
hazel,(rabbit... which i'd have missed if not for irc spoilers)
I have to admit that surprised me. I mean, you just have to look at my avatar. Or my location. Or even the occupation in my profile. laugh

Hazel, the lupine

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#127138 05/21/03 07:37 PM
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#127139 05/21/03 08:26 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

ROTFLMAO!! smile1

Tricia cool

#127140 05/21/03 09:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, this was hilarious. I really shouldn't have printed this out to read in class. I actually had to leave for a moment to continue reading and laughing. wink

I found a lot too: Merry, Paul (Hatman), LabRat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Loriel, Hazel (as the rabbit), Maria, Rivka, Phill (Tarkas), Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel, Ursie (Xanabee), Yvonne, Marnie (bumpkin), Kathy, Annie, me smile , Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Jill, Cristina, Laurach, Chiara and Pam. Which makes it 36. And then there were they cracks about heynas and the butterfly. rotflol

/me runs like the wind!
And you'd better! Add me to the line of lynching you. I mean...

Annie stuck her tongue out at Sarah. Then she announced, “Kaethel’s coming. I overhead Saskia tell him you guys were talking to a couple of strangers. He’s not a happy bunny!”

“Saskia should mind her own business,” Elena grumbled. “She just wants to be Kaethel’s favourite.”

“Oh, Saskia’s okay,” Annie protested. “I think Kaethel asked her why Missy wasn’t on her usual corner. Anyway, he’s on the warpath. I don’t know who these guys are, but they’d better get out of here if they know what’s good for them.”
Where did the little shy innocent girl go that once was me? I like her!

So nice story, you really should write more comedy.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#127141 05/21/03 11:29 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is hilarious! laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#127142 05/22/03 12:52 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Rivka, that was too cute! rotflol

#127143 05/22/03 02:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was fantastic! rotflol

I started out just counting the cameos, then I lost count and had to go back and write down the names, so here goes

Hazel, Merry, Paul, LabRat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Me laugh , Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel (this had me rotflol ) Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Christina, Chiara and last but not least Pam.

So I make it 36. It was great seeing everyone in there! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#127144 05/22/03 06:28 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, Wendy, this was hilarious!

I counted 36, too, and thought I had them all but now I see from the comments that I missed Marnie (bumpkin), Ray and Sunshine -- so clever!

/me gloats to all the hookers -- *I* get to work with Lois and Clark. ( dance while ducking and running <g>)

Oh, and btw, I started laughing at the very first line (Clark being "merry") but when Sarah said to Annie, "Hey, you're sober!" I almost fell off my chair. ROTFL!!! rotflol

This was great!

Kathy (who had to stop and think if there was a FoLC named tyre. <vbg>)

#127145 05/22/03 06:34 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by stopquitdont:
Rivka, that was too cute! rotflol
laugh Glad you enjoyed -- as I said, it's been in my head since I first saw your nick; I just never shared it.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#127146 05/22/03 08:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#127147 05/22/03 10:29 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hilarious!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Let's see, I counted 40 cameos:

Merry, Hatman, Rat, Jose, Tank, Wendy, Anna, Alicia, Loriel, Hazel, Maria, Rivka, Tarkas, Barb, Karen, Meredith, Sarah, Annette, Elena, Kaethel rotflol , Xanabee, Missy, Yvonne, Bumpkin, Kathy, Annie, Saskia, Shadow, Irene, James, Jiten, Kaylle, Trenna, Laurach, Jill, Cristina, Chiara, Pam, Ray and Sunshine.

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#127148 05/22/03 10:52 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
very well done and very funny
I didn't bother to count - I think cameos do distract
I thoroughly enjoyed this
merry

#127149 05/22/03 01:39 PM
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Wendy,

ROTFL!!!!!!! This was hilarious! I wondered why you were saying *especially* Kaethel...and then I found out. I think that definitely qualifies as Evil!

Just so you know, I found 36, but then read others' comments and realized I missed some.

Bethy (who likes cameos in small doses, or in highly exaggerated bits of hilarity like this)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
#127150 05/23/03 06:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm...pimp's assistant...nahhh...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#127151 05/23/03 10:31 PM
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
This was great!!! rotflol

That's one job I'd never actually considered, though laugh But I can't complain. Some Folcs came off worse than I did. I mean, Maria was married to Jose... Poor woman! :p (me runs)

Cris

Cris
#127152 05/25/03 05:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had a reply to this folder all typed, and then IE decided to crash on me. frown I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments on this little piece of nonsense, and apologise to everyone portrayed in a less than flattering light. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#127153 06/04/03 11:02 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I mean, Maria was married to Jose... Poor woman!
Certainly I was lucky... smile1

It could have been worse if she paired me with you Cris!

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard