#127108 05/21/03 12:38 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She repeated, “Superman. Clark. You’re, you’re…”

“Lois, honey, you knew that already. You’ve known for almost a year. Are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?”
LOL, Alicia - nice touch. wink And very well done!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Alicia

WOW! This is wonderful. smile1

You did a fantastic job portraying Lois's emotions. goofy

And Lois's haircut, LOL! laugh
Saves having to decide what style you want! jump

Thanks for sharing this lovely story.

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Alicia, an interesting take, cleverly done.

I liked Lois' chaotic thought processes as she became conscious of her dilemma.

Clark hesitancy to 'explain' his rescue technique was also quite funny.

Well done.

Tank (who has experienced his own canoe travals in the past and is glad that Alicia is well and still with us)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great work, Alicia! I loved Lois not remembering that she knew Clark was Superman - and Clark's response to it! laugh

And what an ingenious way to give her a haircut! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good story.

If you wanted to meet the deathfic challenge (which allows resurrection), maybe you could have had her drown, only to be brought back by CPR. It worked for Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, sufficiently to invoke a new Slayer. That way, Lois wouldn't stay dead.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL at Clark's sheer panic at the thought of Lois forgetting things *again*! goofy

Nice one, Alicia!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you, LabRat, Tricia, Tank, Wendy, me and Hazel smile . I am so glad you all liked it.

me said:
If you wanted to meet the deathfic challenge (which allows resurrection), maybe you could have had her drown, only to be brought back by CPR. It worked for Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, sufficiently to invoke a new Slayer. That way, Lois wouldn't stay dead.
I've never actually watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer - nor do I really want to. I really have no idea what you're talking about. I have a hard time with death, so I don't want to kill Lois even if she will be resurrected. Sorry!

Hazel said:
I hope that when Lois said she liked the haircut, she meant the length and not the actual style. Heat vision might be efficient, but it's hardly likely to be that stylish.
Oh you're right. I changed the ending to make that more clear smile . Definately it was the length rather than the style.
- Alicia smile1
who after a couple of broken ribs and a bad case of pnemonia and pain for weeks is never going canoeing again grumble

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Alicia, this was great! What a way to get a haircut. LOL! laugh

Ursie laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This is what I get for not reading beyond Tank's fic.

Very very good. It answers to challenge perfectly as well.

A fic doesn't have to necessarily kill of a character to answer the challenge. If it's suffiently dark enough as this story was then it'll be enough for me.

That said a little bit more death and mayhem wouldn't hurt. evil

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very clever, Alicia! I was all ready to suggest you label the story -- either in the title line or in an opening author's note -- as to which challenge this was from (I avoid dark/deathfics like the plague) but I can see from how it ends that you wouldn't want to do that. You did a great job of combining the two challenges!

Lois's fear was presented really well, as was the "non" revelation and then the haircut ... it was great to have a "darkfic" end on such a happy note. smile

Thanks for posting this!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You sure had me worried for a while there... thanks for including that setence at the top about this having a happy ending. At one point, I was wondering if Lois was going to wake up to realize it was just a nightmare...

Loved the (non)revelation <g> And Clark is so cute.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Alicia
ditto others
very nicely done
merry

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks, Ursie, Juliet, Kathy, Pam, and Merry smile .

this was great! What a way to get a haircut.
Thanks, Ursie smile - I was trying to be original.

Very very good. It answers to challenge perfectly as well.
Thanks, Juliet, I aim to please... even though I have trouble killing characters, I am glad it was sufficiently dark smile .

I was all ready to suggest you label the story -- either in the title line or in an opening author's note -- as to which challenge this was from (I avoid dark/deathfics like the plague) but I can see from how it ends that you wouldn't want to do that.
I really debated putting a warning on the story initially, but I rationalized that since it had a happy ending, it probably didn't need one. My argument was going to be that I never let my characters die, but I remembered that in one of my fics I had Sam Lane die, so that was definately flawed logic wink .

(I avoid dark/deathfics like the plague)
I do too... but then again I am being hypocritical because I don't read them, but I wrote this story and the story I mentioned before.

Lois's fear was presented really well, as was the "non" revelation and then the haircut
Loved the (non)revelation <g> And Clark is so cute.
very nicely done
Thank you so much, Kathy, Pam, and Merry! I am glad you liked the non Revalation smile - I actually wrote that first then I added the rest of the story smile .

- Alicia smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Clark's reaction to the non-revelation wave

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks, HC! I am so glad you enjoyed it smile .

- Alicia smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Alicia! smile1

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard